Need my 1st RDA

@Dietz is it a black one?

???What's that got to do with it bro???
I have 2 black & 1 SS SM22 and 2 black & 1 SS SM25... run single coils in the 22's and dual coils in the 25's. The color/finish doesn't matter at all... setting them up right is what matters with my 6.

???What's that got to do with it bro???
I have 2 black & 1 SS SM22 and 2 black & 1 SS SM25... run single coils in the 22's and dual coils in the 25's. The color/finish doesn't matter at all... setting them up right is what matters with my 6.

I had a Black one and it was a nightmare... ask @Genosmate. There is no question that the Black was "different"... I never used it much because I don't like back tanks so when John said he wanted one I sent him my Black one... he has been fighting with it ever since.

I had a Black one and it was a nightmare... ask @Genosmate. There is no question that the Black was "different"... I never used it much because I don't like back tanks so when John said he wanted one I sent him my Black one... he has been fighting with it ever since.
My black SM25 has been nothing but a pleasure, no issues, dont have a ss one to compare though

Interesting. Color has made no difference with mine at all. The early leaks were the wicking material used and the suggested method the wick was installed with. I changed wicking and devised my own method for installing them and they have been completely trouble free ever since.

BTW, I prefer black over SS, so have a lot of black atty's/tanks.

@Dietz , got my first rda today. Troll v2 25mm. Must say very impressed with it. Very deep juice well and can accomodate massive builds. May not stack up to the more expensive ones but a nice entry for a guy that likes things easy ;)

Interesting. Color has made no difference with mine at all. The early leaks were the wicking material used and the suggested method the wick was installed with. I changed wicking and devised my own method for installing them and they have been completely trouble free ever since.

BTW, I prefer black over SS, so have a lot of black atty's/tanks.

Maybe it was just a Lemon...

@Dietz - i suspect yours may have been a lemon

My SM25 is stainless steel - and it did once dump about half a tankful on my abalone hotcig 150 after refilling.

I was horrified!

But Rob told me to remove and reseat the seal at the bottom. I cant remember exactly which o-ring it was (again) but it was a big one on the base. Once I did that it was happy days.

On the odd occasion after refilling (about once every 5 or so refills) there are a few drops of juice in the air slots. But I just hold some toilet paper there when refilling and if there is some drops there I turn the whole tank upside down and blow through the mouthpiece with toilet paper near the airslots. That clears it. It was @Nibbler from VapeKing Fourways who showed me that trick, so credit to him.

I am now happier with the SM25 and know how to deal with it. I like its flavour on some juices at about 30W so I persevered. If it wasnt as nice flavour wise i probably would have put it on "the bench".

I would just like to update this thread with some more as I wrote my earlier post in a moment of frustration...

My issues are completely Subjective. Who knows, mabe it IS just the color, You never know when it comes to a serpent, I mean take the black mamba, a difficult one to work with where the albino Corn snake is a tame beauty :rofl::rofl:

All these issues can be remedied by some kind of method or trick, Ask Oom Rob Fisher, So dont be scared away from this due to my comments.
It might just be that this is not really for a Beginner or it might be that right now this specific one might not be for me Only time will tell, so let me get back to my research and learn some more!

@Dietz - i suspect yours may have been a lemon

My SM25 is stainless steel - and it did once dump about half a tankful on my abalone hotcig 150 after refilling.

I was horrified!

But Rob told me to remove and reseat the seal at the bottom. I cant remember exactly which o-ring it was (again) but it was a big one on the base. Once I did that it was happy days.

On the odd occasion after refilling (about once every 5 or so refills) there are a few drops of juice in the air slots. But I just hold some toilet paper there when refilling and if there is some drops there I turn the whole tank upside down and blow through the mouthpiece with toilet paper near the airslots. That clears it. It was @Nibbler from VapeKing Fourways who showed me that trick, so credit to him.

I am now happier with the SM25 and know how to deal with it. I like its flavour on some juices at about 30W so I persevered. If it wasnt as nice flavour wise i probably would have put it on "the bench".
A Lemon?
Thanks for the Advice @Silver, I am sure I will learn this ones tricks, and have to say that when it works I LOVE IT! but still need to get to know this one better or Improve my Own Vape SKills

A Lemon?
Thanks for the Advice @Silver, I am sure I will learn this ones tricks, and have to say that when it works I LOVE IT! but still need to get to know this one better or Improve my Own Vape SKills

By lemon I mean a device that was not created or manufactured properly
I.e. Something with some kind of defect

Hopefully you get it right but I know it can sometimes be the most frustrating thing to get something working properly. And if it is indeed a lemon with a slight defect, its not worth the trouble most of the time.

This thread has derailed it seems :p , my first RDA was the good old Tugboat V1 still have it to this day not much use but it's sentimental.

I'm also in the market for a good RDA , the Recoil seems decent .....

Also was struggling with the black SM25 , leaking dry hits etc found the Scottish Roll wicking method works. No leaks no dry hits no air locks ....

Incidentally , the Scottich Roll technique also works great for RDA's :) (back on track with the thread).

Last edited:
I have the goon 24 and tried a few others. If anything i have noticed the 24mm RDAs make no flavour. Unless you make much larger coils. Even so its not worth it. The best flavour i have gotten was from the twisted messes squared 22mm. And that was a clone from vk.

So basically if you want clouds then a 24 with huge coils. But if you want best of both definitely go 22 get a box of demon 8in1 coils and your good to go.

Last edited:
IF you are after flavor, Phenotype L. That is my dream RDA. But currently just out of my budget.

Edit to say: If anyone out there reading this post have a Phenotype L lying around, even if it is a clone, that you want to let go, msg me.

Last edited:
Must say flavour wise nothing beats the Little OL16 just realize this now after vaping the SM the whole day come home grab the little Squeeza OL16 combo man.... Bliss for the price of an authentic RDA you can get a Pico Squeeze OL16 combo.....

Hello Vape Tribe!

It started with a Subohm tank, got the SM25 and now I am looking at more build space and want a dripper for this (also, I dont have a dripper, so need one :D)

What are the two best recommended RDAs that are Under R600, But still really good?
I really love the Goon, but its a bit pricey.

Thanks in advance!

:clapclap::clapclap:
I don't think you can go wrong with the Sapor.Very good flavor,ez build deck at a reasonable price Also check out the Lush and the Mad Hatter both cheap authentic drippers that deliver good flavorful vapes.

Also have SM25 and SM 22 and Conqueror. Works well for me. Also its silver. Also heard some black sm are not the same Witch is strange. Have anyone tried the "mad dog" Rda yet? Herd its quite good. Also want to get a nice flavour dripper. What you guys think

Thanks for the Input everyone. I am trading the SM25 for a Troll v2 22 Today.

I will probably get a SS SM25 at a later stage, that or the Mage seems to be on par.

Back