Need Something Better Than Twisp

bones

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys. Been using Twisp ever since I started vaping about 18 months ago. They generally good for around 3 months then they start giving issues. I'm on my 3rd one alread, which has conked out and i am looking for an alternative. Looking for a BDC atomiser / clearomiser, and VV battery. Nothing too bulky.

Suggestions would be appreciated. ;)

or mvp/svd and nautilus

and if you wanna go mech the popular ones seem to be the nemises/chi you with kayfun / trident / aqua rba's

vision spinner 2 with the new kanger aerotank mini or even a protank 3 mini. sleek, trim and works like a mofo

i agree with @shabbar (first post) and @TylerD on this one, if you don't want something bulky, go for the vision spinner that is VV and Kangertech mini protank 2 or 3, i've seen both in action and they are amazing little clearomisers :rock:

Thanks guys. Recommended sites where i can buy them from?

If you want to go slim and trim:
  1. BATTERY:
    1. The Vision Spinner1 1300 mAh. Think your current batteries are 650 mah. It has variable voltage so you can up your power for more throat hit. You can buy that for R350.00 here. With that you need a USBcharger at R100.00 with wall adapter at R60.00. An Ego C Twist, also at 1300 mah will also work. Available here at R289.00.
    2. The Vision Spinner2 at 1650 mAh (will last longer the version 1 but is a little bit longer) available here at R400.00. With the same charger and wall adapter as mentioned above.
  2. CLEAROMIZER:
    1. On top of that my recommendation is a Kanger Protank Mini 3, which has dual coils so will give you a super hit. Also nice and slim and will fit the Vision Spinners like a glove. Takes 1.5 ml. get it here for R180.00. Get some spare coils for you mPT3, at R30.oo for one.
    2. Another, less expensive option is the Kangertech Evod2 at R100.00 here. From all accounts the Evod 2 is a great clearomizer as well, also dual coils. Takes the same spare coils as the mPT3.
    3. A third option that has become available recently is the Kanger Aerotank Mini available here at R400.00. And some spare coils at R180.00 for five.
Here is a picture of the Vision Spinner1:
ezQ0o3r.jpg

Picture of the Kanger Protank Mini 3 on top of a Vision Spinner1 and Vision Spinner2
tRLGqKj.jpg

A Vision Spinner2 with Aerotank Mini:
photo-2-jpg.5940

If you do not mind a little bulkier:
  1. BATTERY:
    1. The MVP is very popular and has a battery capacity of 2600 mah - so should last almost twice as long as the Vision Spinner. R760.00 here. Comes with a USB charger, but do get a wall adapter. And a clearomizer, which is not well rated in this forum. There are some other MVPs, bit more expensive, on the site linked.
  2. CLEAROMIZER:
    1. On top of that - the Kanger Aerotank. The Aerotank uses the same coils as the Protank Mini 3 or the Evod 2 mentioned above, but takes 2.5 ml. Available here at R340.00 or here at R350.00.
    2. The Kanger Aerotank Mini will also look good on the MVP.
Here a picture with dimensions of the MVP
HKIlxrC.jpg

MVP with Aerotank Mini:
dsc_0861-jpg.5957

Many reviews and more photos of above-mentioned gear in our review section.
Always a good idea a second atomizer to alternate juices and as a backup. A second backup battery is also recommended.

Last edited:
This forum delivers:rock: Thanks for the info guys. Since my main unit conked out, i'm currently chewing Nicorette

This forum delivers:rock: Thanks for the info guys. Since my main unit conked out, i'm currently chewing Nicorette

100% agreed!

Also ill add my 2c if youre after the twisp type setup you cannot go wrong with the Vision spinner & mini protank! Loving mine so far :D

True. But I' m not crazy about the Aladdin look it has. All curvy. I have a Nautilus.....impressed but its just not for me.

True. But I' m not crazy about the Aladdin look it has. All curvy. I have a Nautilus.....impressed but its just not for me.
Agree, was just looking at the Mini N, it is just as ugly, but I take function over form any day. Get some of the new coils for your Nautilus, they give an unbelievable vape according to reports.

Im more into straight lines. Kanger Aerotank Mini caught my attention and also has the air hole adjustment. to each his own i suppose.
Maby both? lol endless possibilities..........

Im more into straight lines. Kanger Aerotank Mini caught my attention and also has the air hole adjustment. to each his own i suppose.
Maby both? lol endless possibilities..........
Yes, I have both....actually HRH (Her Royal Highness - me wife) has both. I have Reos, but I try them all.

luckily my Princess is happy with her Twisp and can not understand why im so into vaping. Im givin the old lungbags a just deserved break after 10 years of inhaling absolute vulgar tasting smoke. so I'm happy and breathing again. whats a few grand on nice looking rocket shaped atomizers? lol

A bit of a late reply but I can really vouch for the VS1 / 2 with a protank mini. They are my everyday out and about devices. I prefer the vs2 and the voltage setting knob is sturdier than the one on the VS1 but both are great imo.

I am in the same boat as you..

I have x4 twisps..(2 given to me froma friend who hated it after 1 week)

I am looking into buying something that last longers ..and one where the coils
dont cost a arm and a leg and last 5 days then taste like bird poop..

will give this whole thread a better read when I have time .

So I also have a twisp and Swambo does not understand why I want something capable of more.... but reading elsewhere on this forum sugg a suggests that the spinner v2 needs longer charge times and is problematic when charging.
Any truth in this

So I also have a twisp and Swambo does not understand why I want something capable of more.... but reading elsewhere on this forum sugg a suggests that the spinner v2 needs longer charge times and is problematic when charging.
Any truth in this
For sure it needs longer charge time...it has a 1600 mAh battery. Think the Twisp is something like 650 mAh. Seems the charging problems are limited to peeps using the twisp charger on the Spinner2, but not sure. Mine does not give that problem.

I wouldn't say the spinner is problematic. It just stops charging, and you have to unscrew and screw back into the charger to continue charging. It isn't really that much of a bother since i keep an eye on the charging. I never charge anything overnight, even my cellphone. The spinner does take hours to charge though. I use the twisp charger.

I have this with the mini protank 3, but i end up refilling a couple times each day, and charge the spinner once a day. Looking at it, i should have went the SVD and mega aerotank route instead, with a couple spare batteries to load up when needed. But thats just me, i dont mind carrying around a light saber

Thanks for the feedback guys. I dont have the time to monitor the recharging of a battery so the spinner is probably off my list.

Back