Needs some advice please

Chris T

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Good day fellow vapers
I need some help with my setup
I’ve got a lost vape thelema quest and Arbiter 2 using 3 core parallel claptons dual 3mm coils
The problem is the flavour is very mute I made my own juice from a one shot I bought
Can anyone please give me some advice .

Thanks in advance

Good day fellow vapers
I’ve got a lost vape thelema quest and Arbiter 2 using 3 core parallel claptons dual 3mm coils
The problem is the flavour is very mute I made my own juice from a one shot I bought

Thanks in advance
Hi, is this your first time doing DIY? maybe you made a mistake mixing your one shot or perhaps the cotton you are using is not great quality?

Hi, is this your first time doing DIY? maybe you made a mistake mixing your one shot or perhaps the cotton you are using is not great quality?
Thanks for the reply I’ve made my own juice since the beginning of last year it’s a 15% one shot so I put 15% in on ejuicerecipes.com and followed that to the T and using cotton bacon prime

Thanks for the reply I’ve made my own juice since the beginning of last year it’s a 15% one shot so I put 15% in on ejuicerecipes.com and followed that to the T and using cotton bacon prime
Ok thats all good, but when was the last time you changed your coils?

Good day fellow vapers

Thanks in advance
Check the Hight of your coils, coil placement can make a big difference in flavor.

Check the Hight of your coils, coil placement can make a big difference in flavor.
I cut the coil legs 4mm before the last coil change it was 5mm also muted flavour that’s why I tried 4mm with no luck

Have you been using the same setup and juice from beginning of last year?
If so, which 1 shot? - You might be suffering from “vaper’s tongue”

first time using this one shot it’s from kwik shots I think ,frostees and sinnerbun using them for a 2 weeks or so alternating between the 2 if it’s vapers tongue what would help that

I think what most vapers forget is that air is being sucked past the coils not pushed under pressure ... there is a vacuum created above the coils as you begin to suck, and this draws air from higher pressure zones via a path of least resistance.
The problem is exacerbated with the addition of heat, as this has the effect of lowering air pressure around the coils themselves increasing localised turbulence.
As the objective is to create a venturi of sorts around the coil to assist the atomisation process, the coil placement objective should be to coax the air flow to the bottom of the coils as much as practically possible, something along the lines of the diagram below, (confirmed easily enough in any fluid dynamics emulation program);
(the middle and bottom coil flow options would be reversed IF you added a bottom air flow orifice)
1657519116328.png

Last edited:
I think what most vapers forget is that air is being sucked past the coils not pushed under pressure ... there is a vacuum created above the coils as you begin to suck, and this draws air from higher pressure zones via a path of least resistance.
The problem is exacerbated with the addition of heat, as this has the effect of lowering air pressure around the coils themselves increasing localised turbulence.
As the objective is to create a venturi of sorts around the coil to assist the atomisation process, the coil placement objective should be to coax the air flow to the bottom of the coils as much as practically possible, something along the lines of the diagram below, (confirmed easily enough in any fluid dynamics emulation program);
(the middle and bottom coil flow options would be reversed IF you added a bottom air flow orifice)
View attachment 258975
Thanks tonight im going to raise the coils according to this and keep you guys updated

Try and space your coils too, in other words let there be small gaps between the wraps of the coils. That way you spread your airflow more along the coil too and not have air hitting the cotton on the ends. Also play around with your airflow, start with it fully open and take a couple of hits, dial it down 1mm and take a couple of hits. Do this until you almost fully close the airflow and then start opening it up again, you will find the peak flavor that works for you.

If it is a fresh batch of juice, let it steep (stand in a dark cupboard and give it a good shake once a day) for a week or two and then try it again.

Play with your power too, start at 10W below what you usually, up it in increments of 3-5W and go to the point that it gets too hot (and has a slight burnt taste), then dial it down again until you find your sweet-spot.

thanks tonight im trying all the above.
to everyone giving advice im taking all of it and storing it for the future just incase thanks

thanks tonight im trying all the above.
to everyone giving advice im taking all of it and storing it for the future just incase thanks
Basically what they said, if that fails try another juice just to verify that you are on the right track with fault finding. My last resort will be putting new coils. I usually don't use anything more complex than a simple clapton. I have had similar results with complex coils, and moving back to plain round or clapton made a huge difference for me!

What an interesting thread this has been. I have learnt something too, thank you all.

Also, even though it's one shots and supposed to be good to go, I have found that one needs to add a little sweetener into the juice while mixing. Some one shots already contain this, so no need for extra, but others do not and it does help greatly to improve on flavour

Back