Netflix - What to watch

The movie Unbroken is excellent. It's the true story of an Olympic athlete who was a prisoner-of-war in Japan.

Designated Survivor - politics, intrigue. Started watching last night and guess who went to sleep at 1a.m. only!

Designated Survivor - politics, intrigue. Started watching last night and guess who went to sleep at 1a.m. only!

I for one also enjoyed it.

A series with a similar feeling is Homeland. It's more CIA spying, terrorism and action. Also some seasons netter than others but the story is good.

A series with a similar feeling is Homeland. It's more CIA spying, terrorism and action. Also some seasons netter than others but the story is good.

Don't get me started on Homeland; a series that started so well but got monotonous so very quickly...

They filmed an episode of Homeland in CPT years ago at Easter Food Bazaar in Darling Street. I never watched the show so I have no idea which episode it was, but a colleague of mine who watched it told me about it

I watched Last Breath last night. A true story, with actual footage from the events, of a diver who almost died on the seabed of the North Sea. Riveting!

So whilst browsing through Netflix last night, my wife and I came across the ICARUS documentary (the doccie about exposing doping in sports) - my word what an incredible documentary! I wish we'd watched it sooner!

The Order of the Penguin: Netflix series ‘Penguin Town’ stars local penguins
https://www.capetownetc.com/cape-to...flix-series-penguin-town-stars-local-penguins
9 June 2021

[Netflix is] releasing a series about Simon’s Town local penguins, playfully called Penguin Town.

What we know so far.
It’s going to be an 8 part documented-style series
The show is airing on June 16th.
It’s going to be narrated by Patton Oswaldt
The penguins seem to be exploring Simon’s Town from what the trailer expresses
It has a lot to do with there mating life and there will be some baby penguins

Watch trailer

Heard good things about 'Start Up'

Will update when I get down to watching it

Just saw the last episode of Season 6 of Fear The Walking Dead. This last season has been really good. Far better than the original series' last few episodes. Just a pity the show went through so many ups and downs.

Watching Lilyhammer, cringeworthy but funny!

Last edited:
Anybody watching RAGNAROK ? Yay or nay ?
Busy with LOKI so-so ,ok to pass the time but nothing to write home about ...

Anybody watching RAGNAROK ? Yay or nay ?
Busy with LOKI so-so ,ok to pass the time but nothing to write home about ...
It okay. Watched the first season. Not sure if I'll watch season 2

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

I thought Ragnarok was OK, you have to put your mind into what the directors are wanting you to see, which to me is an age old story brought up to date, good vs evil.

I am watching "Godless" not for the sensitive but a good take on the Western theme.

There is not a lot of difference in age between me and old Dolphy boy. I can't watch Masters of the Universe without remembering how old I am.:facepalm:

Back