New Juice Line - Vape Elixir

Okidoks, so my VE tobacco's arrived today. Busy sucking on the Black Cigar and will test drive Original a bit later. Initial impressions of the Black Cigar is awesome and I recon it could become my ADV I'm enjoying it so much. Will do proper taste reviews once I have a few more ml's under the belt.

Okidoks, so my VE tobacco's arrived today. Busy sucking on the Black Cigar and will test drive Original a bit later. Initial impressions of the Black Cigar is awesome and I recon it could become my ADV I'm enjoying it so much. Will do proper taste reviews once I have a few more ml's under the belt.

The original gets better over time so it needs a bit more steeping. The black cigar is an alcohol based concentrate and can be Vaped immediately.

@SunRam correct me if I am wrong.

The original gets better over time so it needs a bit more steeping. The black cigar is an alcohol based concentrate and can be Vaped immediately.

@SunRam correct me if I am wrong.
That is correct. The liquids are around 2 weeks old by now, so it should be pretty well steeped, although longer is always better for tobaccos, expecially the Original.

Super thread this. Good discussion.

I agree with @Derek's suggestion several posts above to have smaller bottles for testing and tasting. R180 to decide if you like a flavour is a bit steep. For example, I would like to try all 10 flavours (I think its 10) - but that will set me back R1,800.

Trying them at a vape meet or at VapeKing is great, but not ideal. I think 10ml or even 5ml is great so I can taste it on my favourite equipment with new cotton or a new coil etc etc. in my own time...

On the issue of nicotine strength - 12mg is fine for me for tasting and testing purposes. But I do agree that if you want to re-order and vape it on an ongoing basis then different strengths are important.

That is correct. The liquids are around 2 weeks old by now, so it should be pretty well steeped, although longer is always better for tobaccos, expecially the Original.
Does any of the alcohol remain that could be regarded as a risk for certain groups?

Does any of the alcohol remain that could be regarded as a risk for certain groups?
Less than 1.5% of the total volume is alcohol based, and as far as I know, this does not pose any risk for people that abstain from alcohol. But that is a decision that each individual should make for themselves. I've done some research on steeping liquids that contain an alcohol based flavouring, and most if not all of the alcohol should evaporate after steeping with an open cap for a couple of days.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Less than 1.5% of the total volume is alcohol based, and as far as I know, this does not pose any risk for people that abstain from alcohol. But that is a decision that each individual should make for themselves.

I agree, but can they make that decision from the info on the label?

I agree, but can they make that decision from the info on the label?
Many eliquid flavour concentrates contain alcohol, and therefore a lot of commercial eliquids contain the remnants of the alcohol (If any), and I've never seen any international juice labeled with 'ingredients alcohol' (there might be, but none that I've seen). I can only assume it's because very little to none remains.

To be honest, it's never crossed my mind to even add that to the ingredients list. But it is definitely a good idea to add that to the labels of juices that contains these bases, and I will certainly make that modification. From the VE range, only Black Cigar contains a certain flavour concentrate, which contains alcohol. Thanks for your input @Matthee

This is actually a very interesting topic, since the flavouring itself contain many different ingredients, but this is never mentioned, it always just says 'natural and or artificial flavouring' on any product you buy. Therefore one can assume that alcohol is just another ingredient in the flavouring, and that's why eliquid companies are not obliged to add alcohol as a stand alone ingredient. I'm just speculating here. :confused: But like I said, I will certainly change the label accordingly.

Last edited:
Many eliquid flavour concentrates contain alcohol, and therefore a lot of commercial eliquids contain the remnants of the alcohol (If any), and I've never seen any international juice labeled with 'ingredients alcohol' (there might be, but none that I've seen). I can only assume it's because very little to none remains.

To be honest, it's never crossed my mind to even add that to the ingredients list. But it is definitely a good idea to add that to the labels of juices that contains these bases, and I will certainly make that modification. From the VE range, only Black Cigar contains a certain flavour concentrate, which contains alcohol. Thanks for your input @Matthee

Thank you, Sir, for a very considered response. Appreciated.

My question remains whether after vaping an alcohol based juice it will be picked up on a breathalyser? I visit numerous sites a week where there are zero alcohol tolerance rules and access is only permitted after breathalyser.

My question remains whether after vaping an alcohol based juice it will be picked up on a breathalyser? I visit numerous sites a week where there are zero alcohol tolerance rules and access is only permitted after breathalyser.
Ah, that is a good question. Unlikely, but one never knows. Better not take the chance. Or borrow one of their meters and to a test at home after hours?

Some pharmacies to stock over the counter breathelisers you can purchase and test in the safety of your own home.

I can not answer that question with certainty @vaalboy, are you in a position where you can give it a shot, do the breathalyser, and report back? An educated guess would be that it is not detectable, but don't quote me on that ;)

Kewlbeans will give feedback. One thing is for sure I won't be leaving Black Cigar alone. I'm loving this juice.

The question is has anyone ever considered this with any juices they have ordered? Do you know what is in it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got pink spot today and immediately ordered another bottle, it tastes like a mixture of sterie stumpie and macdonalds strawberry milkshake. I'm a huge strawberry milkshake fan and this juice doesn't disappoint. So far i have vaped it in the nautilus on the MVP at around 9 watts and in the kayfun at 1.4 ohms on a nemi. Did try upping the power to detect a difference on the MVP but it wasn't noticeable. However im not a taste guru.

@Gizmo from Vapeking will be running an opening special on Vape Elixir @ R110 per 30ml bottle while stocks lasts!

That sucks royal balls! I bought 3 bottles at full price last week :(

Oh well, some days you are the dog, other days you are the tree

That sucks royal balls! I bought 3 bottles at full price last week :(

Oh well, some days you are the dog, other days you are the tree

What did you get? What have you tried?

Got Beetlejuice, Pink Spot, Black Cigar.

Only tried Beetlejuice and Pink Spot so far

Back