New Vape Unit

Raikan007

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Morning gents, I am new here (1st post) I am sure you get this a lot, however, I need guidance, I am but a young padawan

So I had the Esense stick for like 6 months, that was rubbish, last month I bought the Eleaf Just S and it auto fired and nearly burnt down my house! I am getting a full refund for the unit.

So I want to upgrade a little, but not much.

I would like your assistance, keep the following in mind however:

1) I am a noob and will not build anything (no coils etc)
2) I like big clouds but want taste as well (I prefer both being good, not one over the other)
3) My budget is R1000 max! My missus is already going to kill me, but I will survive
4) I don't want to speed through juice/coils. I usually go through around 60ml a month and around 2 coils. Don't want to spend a fortune

I have heard only good things about the Istick Pico & Melo 3 tank

This seems to suit my needs perfectly.

I will take advice on mod and atomiser combinations (taking into account my needs as stated above) The pico and serpent/goblin seem to be the best after doing research. But I am open to suggestions across the board/range/companies of mods/atomisers.

I would like the best bang for buck setup one can have :) I am an efficient guy

Kind regards,
Neil

The Pico is one of the best out there. Don't even think twice get one!
Thanks bud, how is the Melo 3 tank to start for a mid range level vaper like myself? I like that fact that I can upgrade the tank at a later stage as well if I so desire

best place to get this from? I see Dragonvape has it for R720 but they have no stock.

I know it requires batteries, what is a good battery for the unit?

Silly question, if I have one battery (all I need) when I charge it via the USB it will charge that battery correct? Like I won't need a seperate charging station for example?

You already have the right thing in mind Neil!

Keep in mind that the Serpent or Goblin on a Pico will put you into rebuilding territory. The only adjustment I might suggest is to get a Pico mod, and this tank...

http://www.vapeking.co.za/vaporesso-estoc-tank-mega-stainless-vape-king.html

The added bonus of this is the tank is well priced, but so are the replacement coils. Furthermore, as they are ceramic you won't be replacing them often at all!

Coils....

http://www.vapeking.co.za/vaporesso-estoc-ceramic-coils-0.5ohm-x-10pc-vape-king.html

I had an Esense as well, got annoyed with too :)
Moved to iJust 2 - still basically with the iJust (lucky it hasn't tried to kill me yet)
in the mean time i got me a RX200s with TFV8 Cloud Beast, but of late have been eyeing the Pico as well, just not with the the Melo tank.
In the for sale section there are two being sold, check it out.

Thanks bud, how is the Melo 3 tank to start for a mid range level vaper like myself? I like that fact that I can upgrade the tank at a later stage as well if I so desire

best place to get this from? I see Dragonvape has it for R720 but they have no stock.

I know it requires batteries, what is a good battery for the unit?

Silly question, if I have one battery (all I need) when I charge it via the USB it will charge that battery correct? Like I won't need a seperate charging station for example?
Vape Club are really well priced...

Kit

http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/starter-kits-and-combos/products/istick-pico-75w-tc

Battery

http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/batteries-and-chargers/products/sumsung-2500-mah-inr18650-25r

You can charge the battery in the device, but you'll want to get an external charger and spare battery soon, it can be a RPITA sitting by your PC waiting for your vape to charge!

You already have the right thing in mind Neil!

Keep in mind that the Serpent or Goblin on a Pico will put you into rebuilding territory. The only adjustment I might suggest is to get a Pico mod, and this tank...

http://www.vapeking.co.za/vaporesso-estoc-tank-mega-stainless-vape-king.html

The added bonus of this is the tank is well priced, but so are the replacement coils. Furthermore, as they are ceramic you won't be replacing them often at all!

Coils....

http://www.vapeking.co.za/vaporesso-estoc-ceramic-coils-0.5ohm-x-10pc-vape-king.html
Thanks bud, this seems legit. I don't like changing coils all that often either. How long would one last about? 3 weeks or so? I get mine to last at least 2 weeks now (well I have had no unit since 9am Saturday morning)

Thanks for the suggestion of the sale thread, prefer to buy brand new and have warranty etc. I will try and find my way to that section however :) links are always most welcome

Thanks bud, this seems legit. I don't like changing coils all that often either. How long would one last about? 3 weeks or so? I get mine to last at least 2 weeks now (well I have had no unit since 9am Saturday morning)

Thanks for the suggestion of the sale thread, prefer to buy brand new and have warranty etc. I will try and find my way to that section however :) links are always most welcome
If you can get a cotton coil to last 2 weeks then I think you can easily get these to last 4 weeks.

It varies depending on the juice as darker juices tend to gunk up things faster, but also how much you vape, and preferred power settings.

I had an Esense as well, got annoyed with too :)
Moved to iJust 2 - still basically with the iJust (lucky it hasn't tried to kill me yet)
in the mean time i got me a RX200s with TFV8 Cloud Beast, but of late have been eyeing the Pico as well, just not with the the Melo tank.
In the for sale section there are two being sold, check it out.
Found them thanks bud, think the price is a little high though for used items. For that price I would prefer to get new instead

It does come with a battery, but that's what i was thinking as well, plus then there is delivery.
The added battery is quite a bonus, and then @Raikan007 might be able to squeeze in a purchase of a spare batt and an external charger. But then he is also running the risk of hitting a bum deal where something might go wrong. Not that I'm saying anything about the seller, I don't know anything about him, but I always get nervous when I think of buying second hand gear on here.

Buying new from one of the epic vendors we have available gives you that peace of mind!

Morning gents, I am new here (1st post) I am sure you get this a lot, however, I need guidance, I am but a young padawan

So I had the Esense stick for like 6 months, that was rubbish, last month I bought the Eleaf Just S and it auto fired and nearly burnt down my house! I am getting a full refund for the unit.

So I want to upgrade a little, but not much.

I would like your assistance, keep the following in mind however:

1) I am a noob and will not build anything (no coils etc)
2) I like big clouds but want taste as well (I prefer both being good, not one over the other)
3) My budget is R1000 max! My missus is already going to kill me, but I will survive
4) I don't want to speed through juice/coils. I usually go through around 60ml a month and around 2 coils. Don't want to spend a fortune

I have heard only good things about the Istick Pico & Melo 3 tank

This seems to suit my needs perfectly.

I will take advice on mod and atomiser combinations (taking into account my needs as stated above) The pico and serpent/goblin seem to be the best after doing research. But I am open to suggestions across the board/range/companies of mods/atomisers.

I would like the best bang for buck setup one can have :) I am an efficient guy

Kind regards,
Neil
Hey bud,i would suggest a Pico mod with baby beast tank,will cost about R1100 from vapeclub.co.za but they out of stock at the moment in the baby beast,i just love the coils on the smok tanks and last me double than that of a melo coil,also better flavour and clouds.

I have the baby already but when I get back from durbs I'm going to get the Pico mod,i dnt like the melo3 tank after I saw the baby beast

Hey bud,i would suggest a Pico mod with baby beast tank,will cost about R1100 from vapeclub.co.za but they out of stock at the moment in the baby beast,i just love the coils on the smok tanks and last me double than that of a melo coil,also better flavour and clouds.

I have the baby already but when I get back from durbs I'm going to get the Pico mod,i dnt like the melo3 tank after I saw the baby beast
Do you have the RBA for the baby beast or only using the coils, i may try and get that and any info would help
(sorry for the hijack @Raikan007 )

Do you have the RBA for the baby beast or only using the coils, i may try and get that and any info would help
(sorry for the hijack @Raikan007 )
No I dont,i gave up on trying to build coils,i just can't do it,my tfv4 coils used to last me a month so I'm happy changing coils once a month,thats y the baby beast

Thanks for all your input. I think for now, taking all things into consideration (wedding as well) i will be going with this

I have 3 Eleaf Just S coils at home from my unit, can I use these for my Melo 3 tank that comes standard on the Pico?

Can anyone recommend good coils for this unit?

Attachments

• pico.PNG
    pico.PNG
    27.3 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for all your input. I think for now, taking all things into consideration (wedding as well) i will be going with this

I have 3 Eleaf Just S coils at home from my unit, can I use these for my Melo 3 tank that comes standard on the Pico?

Can anyone recommend good coils for this unit?
Yes all those coils will work on melo3,i enjoy the 0.18 and 0.3 on my ijust S,the 0.5 and ccell 0.6 does not do it for me as it pushes too little power,but since you getting the Pico mod you can adjust the wattage on all of them to your own desire,for me personally I'm done with melo3 tank as I was getting dry hits in the ccell and the kanthal coils lasted about 2weeks,but maybe that was just my luck,i know a lot of people love the melo3

Vape Club are really well priced...

Kit

http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/starter-kits-and-combos/products/istick-pico-75w-tc

Battery

http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/batteries-and-chargers/products/sumsung-2500-mah-inr18650-25r

You can charge the battery in the device, but you'll want to get an external charger and spare battery soon, it can be a RPITA sitting by your PC waiting for your vape to charge!

As a devout eGo AIO user I can vouch for the PITA aspect of not having a fallback battery - you think stinky withdrawal symptoms are bad!!!

Yes all those coils will work on melo3,i enjoy the 0.18 and 0.3 on my ijust S,the 0.5 and ccell 0.6 does not do it for me as it pushes too little power,but since you getting the Pico mod you can adjust the wattage on all of them to your own desire,for me personally I'm done with melo3 tank as I was getting dry hits in the ccell and the kanthal coils lasted about 2weeks,but maybe that was just my luck,i know a lot of people love the melo3
I find with the ijust tank, the juice cannot be absorbed fast enough
so I tighten the tank, then just break it loose and that solves the air lock type problem.
I would assume the melo would be a similar issue?

Thats good to know :)

I think I did however take it back to the store along with the boxed unit..

http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collectio...he-heat/products/ijust-2-melo-2-0-5-ohm-coils

I assume these are the standard coils this device will use? Anything better for this unit or is it not as interchangeable with coils as it is other accessories?
There is a very specific coil that you want to buy for this tank. They are the ceramics, but I forget all the other details about them. Tagging @Andre or @Rob Fisher to share their wisdom here!

Back