NEWBIE post V2.0, what to get?

Imtiaaz

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All,

Yesterday I posted a thread labelled: Which Mod should I go for?, see below:

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/which-mod-to-go-for.t25393/

and based on the criteria I set there the general consensus was to go for the Eleaf iStick pico. I agree its actually what a noob like myself needs but I'm thinking about the long term. What if after a Month, I decide I want more power, I want to build my own coils etc. It seems as though I would be limited by having the pico, unless I make another purchase.

What are your guys thoughts? Invest now and save or go for the pico now and buy something bigger in the future?

Hi All,

Yesterday I posted a thread labelled: Which Mod should I go for?, see below:

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/which-mod-to-go-for.t25393/

and based on the criteria I set there the general consensus was to go for the Eleaf iStick pico. I agree its actually what a noob like myself needs but I'm thinking about the long term. What if after a Month, I decide I want more power, I want to build my own coils etc. It seems as though I would be limited by having the pico, unless I make another purchase.

What are your guys thoughts? Invest now and save or go for the pico now and buy something bigger in the future?

Honestly I think most people (myself included) just like the idea of more power being there. I have a VTC mini, a 120w minikin and I have just purchased a Pico myself as a backup. I have never gone above 45w even on the coils I have made that I thought was big builds. I use the VTC as my daily runner and have never felt like I am running out of power or I have built something it cannot handle.

That's just my view

The pico is a great kit,I have one myself and I love it,as a new vaper it is perfect and should suite your needs for more than a month,I do undestrand your dilemma however,I went balls to the wall and got myself the minikin 1.5 and the tarot 200w As well as a Aio for stealth vaping,it all depends on your needs,the pico is capable of 75w and I rarely go over 50w,if you do decide to get into coil building you could always opt for the serpent mini or avo22

So my thoughts would be go for the pico now @Imtiaaz ,get yourself a extra battery for back up and some vaporesso 0.6 ccel coils and enjoy it lol if you do decide to get into coil building get yourself the serpent mini in future while you save up for a bigger mod if needed

Well, my misses uses a pink pico ( so pink i fear growing boobs just picking it up ) with a vaporesso rta tank, and honestly, it is a nicer vape than my tarot with a TFV4 mini running the quad coil....

And there is a RBA (rebuildable) base available for the Melo3.

Well, my misses uses a pink pico ( so pink i fear growing boobs just picking it up ) with a vaporesso rta tank, and honestly, it is a nicer vape than my tarot with a TFV4 mini running the quad coil....

I just had a look at that tarot VFV4 setup and damn, hard to believe the pico can do that but hey, just reinforced my decision.

Whats the difference between RBA and RTA?
RDA = rebuildable dripper atomizer
RTA = rebuildable tank atomizer
RDTA = rebuildable dripper tank atomizer
RBA = rebuildable base, referring to a base for an RTA like the Melo3. Melo calls their RBA an ECR head.

The Pico is an excellent mod. I like a more restrictive MTL style of vaping sometimes so I have paired mine with the Augvape Merlin RTA. I have an iStick 60W mod with an Avo24 for when I prefer direct lung.

I think the key to limiting expenditure and getting bang for buck is to eliminate whole categories of gear from consideration. I like single coils and higher resistances, and have no interest in dripping. So being able to instantly disregard any two- and three-battery mods, along with all RDAs and dual-coil-only RTAs, helps me to focus on the gear that I need rather than the gear that I want. It's the only way I can stop myself having to take out a second mortgage. :D

Last edited:
RDA = rebuildable dripper atomizer
RTA = rebuildable tank atomizer
RDTA = rebuildable dripper tank atomizer
RBA = rebuildable base, referring to a base for an RTA like the Melo3. Melo calls their RBA an ECR head.
That explains it all very well, thank you for the information :thumbup:

The Pico is an excellent mod. I like a more restrictive MTL style of vaping sometimes so I have paired mine with the Augvape Merlin RTA. I have an iStick 60W mod with an Avo24 for when I prefer direct lung.

I think the key to limiting expenditure and getting bang for buck is to eliminate whole categories of gear from consideration. I like single coils and higher resistances, and have no interest in dripping. So being able to instantly disregard any two- and three-battery mods, along with all RDAs and dual-coil-only RTAs, helps me to focus on the gear that I need rather than the gear that I want. It's the only way I can stop myself having to take out a second mortgage. :D

I too have no interest in dripping so that already saves me some bucks, thanks for the advise hey. Appreciate it

It's all down to the tank being better than the TFV4. The Smok , even with quad coil didnt impress me very much , and the RBA deck is garbolo imho.

Shots dude, enjoy!
Did you get a better tank, or using the Melo3 ?

For now I'm using the Melo3, I have had so many mixed advise when it comes to the tank. Some say that the Melo3 works just fine and others believe there's better out there.

I'm not really sure what a better tank for this mod will be. Maybe you can suggest some?

For now I'm using the Melo3, I have had so many mixed advise when it comes to the tank. Some say that the Melo3 works just fine and others believe there's better out there.

I'm not really sure what a better tank for this mod will be. Maybe you can suggest some?

The Melo III tank and in particular the Mini version is a mighty fine tank and in fact is my favourite tank right now with the 0.6Ω Vaporesso cCell coil installed. I have more than a few tanks in my arsenal and I can tell you the Melo III is one perfect tank.
Tanks 001.JPG

Melo3 works perfectly for me. I found an RBA head here if you are interested.

The Melo III tank and in particular the Mini version is a mighty fine tank and in fact is my favourite tank right now with the 0.6Ω Vaporesso cCell coil installed. I have more than a few tanks in my arsenal and I can tell you the Melo III is one perfect tank.
View attachment 60144

HOLY MOTHER!!!!

I also enjoy the vape I'm getting but what do I know, I'm still a noob. I shall try the 0.6Ω Vaporesso cCell and see how that works.

Thanks dude

View attachment 60144
oh my goodness... I am so jealous right now... :OMGWOW:

future goals

Back