Newbie wanting to mix

Sounds great. I've added a packet of that to my order.
I hope I get it in time for the weekend! :D
Knowing @Richio , if you order it now you'll definitely get it before the weekend (unless the couriers themselves screw up somehow). There's a reason it's my primary DIY vendor.

What are the amber glass bottles for?
Can I mix directly into the droppers?

You can mix directly into the droppers. It is a leeetle bit trickier than mixing into glass bottles because the necks of droppers are very narrow. So you have to aim your VG and PG nozzles very carefully. It's not a biggie, I do it all the time but, in an ideal world, I'd rather mix into a wide-necked glass bottle than a narrow-necked dropper bottle.

I included the amber bottles because you might also want to mix up bigger quantities. The dropper bottles only hold 50ml, the amber bottles 100ml. So if you want to mix 100ml of a juice, you can do it in one amber bottle and then fill two 50ml dropper bottles from it. Also, some people prefer using glass, others plastic. So you could tailor it either way, switching the amber glass for more droppers or switching the plastic droppers for glass bottles with pipettes. I haven't noticed any difference between the two so I'm happy using either.

In terms of simple recipes, @aktorsyl has given you some good ones. Others I could recommend include the "3" series by MrColdOne:
3 Banana Nuts
3 Peanuts PB Cheesecake
3 Doughnuts

Now you start seeing common concentrates coming into play, which is where you maximise your bang for buck in concentrates. For example, the 3 Banana Nuts has Cap Vanilla Custard in it. As I explained in the previous post, you would have about half a bottle of Cap VC left over from ID10-T's Simple Sugar Cookie recipe. So there you already have one ingredient needed in 3 Banana Nuts without needing to buy another concentrate. The more recipes you can find with common ingredients, the more efficiently you use your (initially) small stock of concentrates.

Another really easy one is Atmose Chifles, just two ingredients.
Here's another simple one, CloudState's Banana Puddin'.
Catalan Dream is both very simple and very economical, only 4% total flavouring!
Harvest Cheesecake by Kopel is just Cap NY Cheesecake 4% and Cap Harvest Berry 3.5%

If you like fruit mixes, have a look at the World Mixing Competition Round 1 recipes. All of those are fruit mixes with just 3 ingredients.

That should give you something to start with. :)

Knowing @Richio , if you order it now you'll definitely get it before the weekend (unless the couriers themselves screw up somehow). There's a reason it's my primary DIY vendor.
Cool. Sounds like a good supplier!

You can mix directly into the droppers. It is a leeetle bit trickier than mixing into glass bottles because the necks of droppers are very narrow. So you have to aim your VG and PG nozzles very carefully. It's not a biggie, I do it all the time but, in an ideal world, I'd rather mix into a wide-necked glass bottle than a narrow-necked dropper bottle.

I included the amber bottles because you might also want to mix up bigger quantities. The dropper bottles only hold 50ml, the amber bottles 100ml. So if you want to mix 100ml of a juice, you can do it in one amber bottle and then fill two 50ml dropper bottles from it. Also, some people prefer using glass, others plastic. So you could tailor it either way, switching the amber glass for more droppers or switching the plastic droppers for glass bottles with pipettes. I haven't noticed any difference between the two so I'm happy using either.

In terms of simple recipes, @aktorsyl has given you some good ones. Others I could recommend include the "3" series by MrColdOne:
3 Banana Nuts
3 Peanuts PB Cheesecake
3 Doughnuts

Now you start seeing common concentrates coming into play, which is where you maximise your bang for buck in concentrates. For example, the 3 Banana Nuts has Cap Vanilla Custard in it. As I explained in the previous post, you would have about half a bottle of Cap VC left over from ID10-T's Simple Sugar Cookie recipe. So there you already have one ingredient needed in 3 Banana Nuts without needing to buy another concentrate. The more recipes you can find with common ingredients, the more efficiently you use your (initially) small stock of concentrates.

Another really easy one is Atmose Chifles, just two ingredients.
Here's another simple one, CloudState's Banana Puddin'.
Catalan Dream is both very simple and very economical, only 4% total flavouring!
Harvest Cheesecake by Kopel is just Cap NY Cheesecake 4% and Cap Harvest Berry 3.5%

If you like fruit mixes, have a look at the World Mixing Competition Round 1 recipes. All of those are fruit mixes with just 3 ingredients.

That should give you something to start with. :)
Awesome. More recipes for me to research for my next round.
I've placed the order (including glass bottles) with the recipes you guys suggested. That should definitely be good to get me started.
I appreciate you guys taking time to answer all my silly questions and provide me with such detailed explanations and links to help me on this journey.
I promise I will try to contribute in due time and not just leech :p

Cool. Sounds like a good supplier!

Awesome. More recipes for me to research for my next round.
I've placed the order (including glass bottles) with the recipes you guys suggested. That should definitely be good to get me started.
I appreciate you guys taking time to answer all my silly questions and provide me with such detailed explanations and links to help me on this journey.
I promise I will try to contribute in due time and not just leech :p
The DIY community here is a very cool group, I've found the information-sharing here extremely valuable over time.
Now for the big test, when you start mixing: whether you taste pepper in TFA VBIC, and whether you can taste any strawberry other than the shisha.

The DIY community here is a very cool group, I've found the information-sharing here extremely valuable over time.
Now for the big test, when you start mixing: whether you taste pepper in TFA VBIC, and whether you can taste any strawberry other than the shisha.
Man I'm looking forward to it! This is such an interesting hobby. And the people on here are fantastic.
Haha, I'll have to get back to you on those! Hopefully over the weekend :D

Thanks guys. I'm gonna call it a night here. Its been great!

Thanks again to @aktorsyl @Andre @RichJB. You guys are legends!
This is what I ended up ordering. I can't wait for the weekend! :D
1x Streaky Cotton (Prime-Wick) 10g
1x Greek Yogurt Flavor Concentrate (TFA) - 10ml
1x Blueberry (Extra) Flavor Concentrate (TFA) - 10ml
1x Black currant Concentrate (FA) - 10ml
1x Strawberry Shisha Type Concentrate (Inw) - 10ml
1x Strawberry (Ripe) Flavor Concentrate (TFA) - 10ml
1x Peach (Juicy) Flavor Concentrate (TFA) - 10ml
1x Banana Concentrate (FA) - 10ml
1x Watermelon Concentrate (TFA) - 10ml
4x VG (Vegetable Glycerine) - 500ml
1x Sugar Cookie v2 Concentrate (CAP) - 10ml
1x Vanilla Custard v1 Concentrate (CAP) - 10ml
1x Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Flavor Concentrate (TFA) - 10ml
1x Fuji Apple Concentrate (FA) - 10ml
2x Bavarian Cream Concentrate (TFA) - 10ml
1x Fruit Rings Concentrate (FW) - 10ml
5x Nozzle (Black)
1x Mini Funnel
6x Dropper Bottles - 50ml
4x Glass Bottle 100ml (Amber)
1x PG (Propylene Glycol) - 500ml
1x Digital Scale - 0.01/ 500g

That is indeed a super kit. Congrats on the decision to mix by weight from the get-go. It is one of those things in life that 99% of DIYers start out wanting to mix by volume and 99% end up mixing by weight. It is probably the second most important decision to take in mixing. The most important being the decision to take up DIY.

I've also entered the rabbit hole know as diy. Thanks to all the more experienced his and halls here, i started mixing by weight from the start. However, never let it be known that I do things the easy way...first recipe I did requires a minimum 2 month steep...lol. Am enjoying the journey though and hope to be able to contribute at some time

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Damn these guys were super quick!
WMgZVGz.jpg

I'm watching this thread closely, because I will take the leap in September. But I have one chance only to buy right, because the next time will only be in December when I pop over to SA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm watching this thread closely, because I will take the leap in September. But I have one chance only to buy right, because the next time will only be in December when I pop over to SA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The guys here got me from planning to order in under a day.
I'm sure they could assist you in getting together what you need :)

The guys here got me from planning to order in under a day.
I'm sure they could assist you in getting together what you need :)

I'm sure they will - I have a good idea already on the equipment needed. Now it is just to find the recipes that I think I will like and then add the concentrates. Experimenting with own recipes is a venture for another day and another year. :)

I'm sure they will - I have a good idea already on the equipment needed. Now it is just to find the recipes that I think I will like and then add the concentrates. Experimenting with own recipes is a venture for another day and another year. :)
Agreed. I at least wanted some reference recipes that work to get me started. I'll worry about mucking up my own recipes when I'm feeling more comfortable with all this wizardry :D

Great to hear
I sense a @RenaldoRheeder recipe brainstorming thread coming soon :rolleyes:

Great to hear
I sense a @RenaldoRheeder recipe brainstorming thread coming soon :rolleyes:

Hahaha @Silver - careful - do not let me discover that you have knowledge and/or expertise that can feed my frenzy I'm on the vape express train mate I am on a certain DIY vendor site busy planning my order. Just need to determine the flavors - so recipe and DIYers research phase now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha @Silver - careful - do not let me discover that you have knowledge and/or expertise that can feed my frenzy I'm on the vape express train mate I am on a certain DIY vendor site busy planning my order. Just need to determine the flavors - so recipe and DIYers research phase now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol
You wont get much knowledge from me in this area @RenaldoRheeder - not yet..... Hehe

But i think once you have figured out a few recipes and the concentrates, i suggest you create a thread and just let some of the experienced DIY folk have a look. You never know, you may pick up some great tips that can optimise your ordering seeing that you have to get it right and cant just order a few more here and there.

Heartwarming to see @TheV being so elegantly introduced to the wonderful and sometimes frustrating world of DIY. @RenaldoRheeder , hope to see you taking the plunge soon as well. DIY is not as daunting as it may look at first, and then again, once you get hooked and venturing out on your own without the help of tried and tested recipes, it can get hectic. Hats off to those mixers out there that just seem to have a talent for creating juices from scratch.

In any case, @aktorsyl you make a striking statement above. I am one of those to whom strawberry concentrates taste like old dumpster. Do you imply that I would actually be able to taste strawberries in Strawberry Shisha? That would be great news.

Thanks and Regards

In any case, @aktorsyl you make a striking statement above. I am one of those to whom strawberry concentrates taste like old dumpster. Do you imply that I would actually be able to taste strawberries in Strawberry Shisha? That would be great news.
It's a bit like magic, but yes chances are pretty good that you will. Bear in mind that it's not a fresh/ripe strawberry but rather tastes like... well like strawberry shisha. It's like the strawberry flavour you find in YogiSip. In fact, that's probably the best way to describe it. That's also why it shines in pink milk recipes.

It's a bit like magic, but yes chances are pretty good that you will. Bear in mind that it's not a fresh/ripe strawberry but rather tastes like... well like strawberry shisha. It's like the strawberry flavour you find in YogiSip. In fact, that's probably the best way to describe it. That's also why it shines in pink milk recipes.
Just received this months concentrates but will for sure include in next months. Is it a brand specific concentrate, CAP, TFA,...?

Regards

Back