Nic Salts 35mg on a 1.8 ohm coil

Laura Lee-Hillier

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hello All,

I have been using my Aspire Zelos 50W mod and Nautilus 2 tank with the Nautilus 1.8 ohm could and couldn't find a e. Liquid that I was happy with taste wise. Was previously using Twisp signature 18mg and tried Liqua 18mg but both weren't doing it for me. Today I took the plunge and bought 35mg nic salts and I am enjoying the taste so far. I have the mod set to 10.5W and 3 airflow holes open.

Is that the right wattage setting for a nic salt of that strength or can I go higher?

Thanks a mill!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi Laura

I think about 10 watts is fine for a 1.8 ohm coil. If you push it much higher you risk burning the coil or wick.

Try take it up by say 1 watt at a time and see. If it starts to taste a bit funky drop it back a bit.

It's more about what tastes right for you than there being an exact wattage that is correct.

Hi Laura

I think about 10 watts is fine for a 1.8 ohm coil. If you push it much higher you risk burning the coil or wick.

Try take it up by say 1 watt at a time and see. If it starts to taste a bit funky drop it back a bit.

It's more about what tastes right for you than there being an exact wattage that is correct.

@Silver @Laura I read somewhere - an article posted or quoted on the forum - that if high nic shouldn't be vaped higher than about 10W. If it's vaped at a high wattage, it releases toxins - can't remember now the name of the toxin. Wish I'd kept the link to the article. @Andre might know more.

@Silver @Laura I read somewhere - an article posted or quoted on the forum - that if high nic shouldn't be vaped higher than about 10W. If it's vaped at a high wattage, it releases toxins - can't remember now the name of the toxin. Wish I'd kept the link to the article. @Andre might know more.

Benzine is released from the benzoic acid when over heated. Benzine is a known cause of cancer.

I believe that article stated 11w. But I don't really believe the accuracy of that. 11w can mean completely different things on a 1.8ohm Vs a 0.1ohm coil.

I think they are just giving a generally safe number.

@Laura Lee-Hillier I think you can go a little higher -- albeit not by very much.

Benzine is released from the benzoic acid when over heated. Benzine is a known cause of cancer.

I believe that article stated 11w. But I don't really believe the accuracy of that. 11w can mean completely different things on a 1.8ohm Vs a 0.1ohm coil.

I think they are just giving a generally safe number.

@Laura Lee-Hillier I think you can go a little higher -- albeit not by very much.
Thank you @Spyro @Silver @Hooked for the valuable info! I have turned my wattage down now to 10. Also burnt out a coil in 1 day so hopefully having it at a lower wattage will save the coils for longer than a day! :p

Back