• 36mg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mauritz

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Vapers,

We focus on the quality of our products. This means that we would rather make fewer products really well, concentrating on the little things that make a great vaping experience. With this philosophy in mind we intend to carry only a few different nicotine strengths. We want to make sure that we make our products relevant to you. Please take a moment and let us know what nicotine strengths appeal to you so that we can be sure we are aligned to your needs.

greetings and great vapes ,

Great initiative. I am sure all the members will cast a vote.

I voted 18mg, I'm currently bouncing between 18mg and 12mg juices. I do feel that something stronger would sometimes go down well but it's very hard to find a good quality juice with high nic. However I'd rather vape good flavours at a slightly lower nic than vape cheap crap with more buzz..... quality and flavour over nic content for me :)

Cant seem to edit the post now but the vocal 36mg crowd is noted :)

Talking about nicotine strength etc I wonder if anyone knows accurately (not a gut feel but a real educated guess) how much nicotine is consumed when say one has vaped a 10ml bottle of say 9mg liquid and what nicotine is consumed smoking a packet of average stinkies?

My wife is now nagging me to stop vaping. :-@

Talking about nicotine strength etc I wonder if anyone knows accurately (not a gut feel but a real educated guess) how much nicotine is consumed when say one has vaped a 10ml bottle of say 9mg liquid and what nicotine is consumed smoking a packet of average stinkies?

Vape alert! ;)

Read this thread: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/nicotine-absorption.2638/.
Basically would take 50 mg juice to give you the same amount of nic as an 18 mg cigarette.

Hi @Mow@CraftVapour

Good thread. Great to see you asking the customers what they think.

Here is why I think you should have 18mg in your range
- firstly, thats what Im on ;-) he he
- seriously, I think 18mg is an essential strength. It caters for throat hit seekers like me but also helps to get some form of throat hit on the more standard equipment at lower power.

Read this thread: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/nicotine-absorption.2638/.
Basically would take 50 mg juice to give you the same amount of nic as an 18 mg cigarette.

There are many factors that lead to more efficient absorption from cigarettes but before everyone fills a tank with 50mg nicotine , please consider that most strong cigarettes contain no more than 1.8mg nicotine and not 18mg. Please be careful with your nicotine levels. Reference list for cigarette brands and their nic levels http://www.bestecig.com/help.asp?id=49

Last edited:
Hi @Mow@CraftVapour

Thanks for that list. Most interesting.

I think these types of tables are merely a guide but i think they often understate the strength of eliquid required.

Take me for example

I smoked Rothmans Red. It had 0.9mg nicotine. The table in your link has Rothmans but not at 0.9. It has a 1.1 mg version which it suggests a medium strength eliquid as a match. For them, medium is a juice of 11mg

There is no way 11 mg would be sufficient for me. 12mg juices often feel like air to me.

I think people would do well to go one or even two levels higher than the recommendation on that table and work down from there. Also depends heavily on the equipment and power. A Clearo at 7 watts is going to need a much stronger juice than a dripper at 20 watts

i think on my vamo i do lung hits constantly, gives me that kick but it needs to be at least 12 mg. stinkies i just used to puff, not properly inhale. sure i read a while ago that stinkies have loads of added nasties that make them kick harder

@Silver,

I posted the lists for reference of the nicotine content of various cigarette brands, I also do not agree with their recommendation. If anything I would add 2-4mg to the recommended level.

That said, I feel that preference of nicotine density is based on your hardware as much as your history of use.

Regards,

I think if I took anything above 9mg I would just pass out. Not used to smoking much nicotine. At the moment my liquids only have 0.9mg. That's 10 times weaker!!!!

Back