Not home on delivery

CharlieSierra

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys , what do freight companies do (eg courier guy) when you're not home when they make the delivery and no one else is hom to recieve on your behalf ?
Just curious.

Hi guys , what do freight companies do (eg courier guy) when you're not home when they make the delivery and no one else is hom to recieve on your behalf ?
Just curious.
They will probably hoot at your gate or assault your doorbell for a while and then leave. I have yet to receive a phone call from any courier that is delivering a package. Maybe best to just give them a call if you know you're going to be out to make alternative arrangements.

I
They will probably hoot at your gate or assault your doorbell for a while and then leave. I have yet to receive a phone call from any courier that is delivering a package. Maybe best to just give them a call if you know you're going to be out to make alternative arrangements.
In the case that they leave , what happens to the package?

Just curious.

This happened to me often @CharlieSierra
They usually deliver it the next day
Co-ordinating with courier companies is something i really dont like about online orders

My first Reo order (for 3 Reos) was very tense. The guys couldnt find my street so i got the drivers number and tried to direct him. I knew where he was but he couldnt figure out my directions. So i walked up the road and literally directed him to my place!

I'm often not home, but a local coffee bar which I frequent has kindly offered to be my "receiving point". So now I put their address on all courier deliveries. Problem solved!

I find that The Courier Guy deals with this really well. They phone you and try to make a plan.
I recently had a package go to the wrong location (billing address instead of shipping address, sellers fault) and got the package delivered to the correct address when they couldn't get it delivered to the billing address. No fuss, no questions... just solutions.

Back