Ohm's Law 101

From what I understand the reasons being why one should not use a commercial tank even with a rebuild coil on a mech is as follows:

1) you are not doing justice to the mech mod
2) if you are not using NR wire in the legs which are touching the rubber insulator you could burn the insulator and that is something you dont want.
3) the well where the juice sits to around the coil and wick to hydrate the coil is pretty small and cause the result of dry hits, dry hits at low ohms can be quite painful
4) The atty can get very hot if going low ohms but if you stick to the standard ohms of the coils that come with it then the issue takes longer to arrise
5) the wattage on a mech mod is not regulated (benefits are that it gives you a purer vape) and as result you can run the coil hotter and hotter which would burn through the insulator regardless of the ohms.
6) A regulated device generally has a built in cut off which prevents the coil from running too hot and that is obviously safer.
7) If I am not mistake if you run a coil for too long while firing you put the battery under load and if your coil is build to be on the brink of the max wattage this could lead to a lot of trouble as it could result in over drainage and finally battery leaking/venting

With all that said, if you are running anything above 1.20hms and limit your draw to 4-5sec pulls then you are relatively safe but I would not suggest chain vaping a commercial atty on a mech.

NB!!! Please note the information above is based on my personal observations and experiences.

You can attribute that remark to me. I put my Aerotank on the Magneto mech and the first few puffs were ok, then the battery suddenly became as hot as hell, which had me putting it out of the line of fire very quickly. Absentmindedly did it again some time later and the same thing happened. S0, I cannot give you a technical explanation, but in practice it does not seem like a good idea to me. But, please feel free to put it to the test, I could be totally wrong.

Back