On the hunt for a Smok Alien

@Sir Vape whats the price of the mod alone?

Torn between gold and gunmetal/black

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6032 using Tapatalk

@Sir Vape whats the price of the mod alone?

Torn between gold and gunmetal/black

Go for gold! Black seems a tad boring, alternatively I actually really like the blue but it was not available when I made my pre-order. :(

R1630 for the kit seems steeeeeep! I am now more than happy to wait an extra month knowing what I paid for just the mod alone. :O
However I do regret not having gone with the kit when it was first available for pre-order as it would have been a steal of note! :(

Go for gold! Black seems a tad boring, alternatively I actually really like the blue but it was not available when I made my pre-order. :(

R1630 for the kit seems steeeeeep! I am now more than happy to wait an extra month knowing what I paid for just the mod alone. :O
However I do regret not having gone with the kit when it was first available for pre-order as it would have been a steal of note! :(
How much did you pay for the mod alone if i may ask?

Gold with the petri will look mad!!!!!! Petri is klom geld lol
Petri is vrek duur bru lol will look mad on the gold alien though

Did u pre order from fasttech? Think it goes for $46 and some change.....must still add Duty on that at around 40% if from over the oceans....

Did u pre order from fasttech? Think it goes for $46 and some change.....must still add Duty on that at around 40% if from over the oceans....
From Efun, 40% is significantly more than I've ever had to payy and I very received close to 10 parcels from various international vendors already.

I don't recall ever paying more than R100, even for one order which consisted of 2 mod kits (pico kit and Smok Knight kit).

Efun increased their pre-order prices as time went on. I think at one point they had the kit for less than $50.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what the average pricing on the Alien kit and single mod is going to be?

I saw that Dragonvape had them for R1300? Anyone know of other prices?

I'm waiting for that gun metal grey shipment to arrive :p

also, I noticed people were talking about ordering from international vendors... Is this generally cheaper? and what about a returns policy? is there any international levy?
sorry, have never bought anything online from an international vendor so i'm quite a noob...

Last edited:
From Efun, 40% is significantly more than I've ever had to payy and I very received close to 10 parcels from various international vendors already.

I don't recall ever paying more than R100, even for one order which consisted of 2 mod kits (pico kit and Smok Knight kit).

Efun increased their pre-order prices as time went on. I think at one point they had the kit for less than $50.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Then you getting it at a very good price pal. You are a man of patience lol...doubt i can wait that long....lol

I use to purchase ecigs regularly from fasttech back in 2014 and that was more or less the duty when picking up at post office.... things might have changed or u just have all the luck on your side.... cant wait to get this mod though

Does anyone know what the average pricing on the Alien kit and single mod is going to be?

I saw that Dragonvape had them for R1300? Anyone know of other prices?

I'm waiting for that gun metal grey shipment to arrive :p

also, I noticed people were talking about ordering from international vendors... Is this generally cheaper? and what about a returns policy? is there any international levy?
sorry, have never bought anything online from an international vendor so i'm quite a noob...

Yeah, I reckon it is quite common. I do it very frequently.

It is not always cheaper, but most of the time it can be cheaper. The downside is the wait, generally you need to wait at least 4 weeks.
Also with SAPO having the backlog at the moment I find you can save a loooot of time by going to JIMC and collecting your parcel from there directly which entails generally a 1 hour wait while they disappear to the back to find your parcel.

As for return policy and such, I only had an issue once. It was with Gearbest, a battery charger was damaged when it arrived. I took pictures / videos and sent it through to Gearbest support and then they resolved it very quickly. They gave us the option of a refund, points refund or a free reship. I always select the insurance option when I purchase from Gearbest and I am not sure what the outcome would have been if I had not selected the insurance option.

I have never had any issues with the other international vendors so cannot comment for them. I mainly use Gearbest as I like the way their systems work and their processes and staff are great. A huge company as well who stock more than just vape stuff too.

Yeah, I reckon it is quite common. I do it very frequently.

It is not always cheaper, but most of the time it can be cheaper. The downside is the wait, generally you need to wait at least 4 weeks.
Also with SAPO having the backlog at the moment I find you can save a loooot of time by going to JIMC and collecting your parcel from there directly which entails generally a 1 hour wait while they disappear to the back to find your parcel.

Good thing I'm a patient person :)

I was considering getting the Alien from an international vendor but wasn't sure if I should. Question, what is the JIMC and where is it located?

I prefer a f2f exchange though, where i can communicate any concerns, queires etc with a person. But that's just me.
I think I'll just wait for it to arrive locally and go see my local vendor about it! I need to save up for it in any case :p

Let us know how she vapes!

Thanks for the advice bro!
Happy vaping!

Good thing I'm a patient person :)

I was considering getting the Alien from an international vendor but wasn't sure if I should. Question, what is the JIMC and where is it located?

I prefer a f2f exchange though, where i can communicate any concerns, queires etc with a person. But that's just me.
I think I'll just wait for it to arrive locally and go see my local vendor about it! I need to save up for it in any case :p

Let us know how she vapes!

Thanks for the advice bro!
Happy vaping!
JIMC is JHB International Mail Centre....
Stock should arrive at our local vendors next week latest i hope.....

Hey guys,just wanted to know if this mod is a dual battery mod?

Yes, dual series mod, it takes the batteries down to 2.8V hence the excellent batt life...according to Daniel djlsb vapes

Thanks @blujeenz

I cant understand why the reviewer thought it was the warranty card that scratched the screen of his review versions.
If that is indeed the case then this screen is very scratchable!!!
How does a piece of card/paper placed on top of a screen scratch it like that?

Thanks @blujeenz

I cant understand why the reviewer thought it was the warranty card that scratched the screen of his review versions.
Wondered the same thing. Looked like machining issue. Scratches are all concentric circles.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks @blujeenz

Wondered the same thing. Looked like machining issue. Scratches are all concentric circles.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Im guessing its a plain perspex screen which scratched easily, but the main culprit was probably that they were all stacked next to each other on a trolley and then moved around the factory.
Those scratches a result of the carbon fibre on the one scratching the screen of the one behind as they all jiggled about on the trolley.
Due to them being preview models they werent too concerned but have since changed their work flow model.

Anyhow, thats my opinion, after some thought.

If anyone gets stock of the Blue Alien kit, please let a brother know...

I was tempted to order it from SmokStore but I'm a bit skeptical, haven't come across many reviews about them. Also, the shipping time is soooooooo long.

Will be ordering mine very soon

Back