Polishing Vape Gear

@DarthBranMuffin Micro-Mesh is the answer for Titanium! I tried various other options including fine steel wool which is OK if you want a brushed finish but if you are a magpie like me and want the Titanium to shine then a set of Micro-Mesh and a lot of elbow grease is the answer! My biggest concern was the terrible atty rash. That has now gone! Bazinga!
Titan Mico-Mesh 1.jpg Titan Mico-Mesh 2.jpg Titan Mico-Mesh 3.jpg Titan Mico-Mesh 4.jpg Titan Mico-Mesh 5.jpg Titan Mico-Mesh 6.jpg Titan Mico-Mesh 7.jpg

@DarthBranMuffin Micro-Mesh is the answer for Titanium! I tried various other options including fine steel wool which is OK if you want a brushed finish but if you are a magpie like me and want the Titanium to shine then a set of Micro-Mesh and a lot of elbow grease is the answer! My biggest concern was the terrible atty rash. That has now gone! Bazinga!
View attachment 218286 View attachment 218287 View attachment 218288 View attachment 218289 View attachment 218290 View attachment 218291 View attachment 218292

Thanks Uncle Rob, definitely adding it to the order!

Thanks to @Intuthu Kagesi for his WWCD Adapter and valuable input and @Rob Fisher for the guidance and tips.... a new chapter has started.

Tried it with bare basics, as I have not gotten round to placing my Amazon order yet, with the results proving super effective (but still far from perfect).

Asmodus Vault RDA got the first run to make sure I don't completely mess up (it was full gold when I started)

The bug has bitten!!!

20210106_144802.jpg 20210106_144923.jpg 20210106_144933.jpg 20210106_144945.jpg

Thanks to @Intuthu Kagesi for his WWCD Adapter and valuable input and @Rob Fisher for the guidance and tips.... a new chapter has started.

Tried it with bare basics, as I have not gotten round to placing my Amazon order yet, with the results proving super effective (but still far from perfect).

Asmodus Vault RDA got the first run to make sure I don't completely mess up (it was full gold when I started)

The bug has bitten!!!

View attachment 218518 View attachment 218519 View attachment 218520 View attachment 218521

... and off you go down the polishing rabbit hole :dancing: ... nothing wrong with a shiny polished tank :)

In my experience - Clean green is a cheaper alternative for polishing/cleaning my copper mechs

In my experience - Clean green is a cheaper alternative for polishing/cleaning my copper mechs

If it works for you, then it's a winner :)

Buffing, (with a decent compound), resolves some of the metals porosity, making it more resistant to scuffing, and giving you a much deeper, and longer lasting shine, and in my opinion ... it way surpasses cleaning, (but I'm biased).

View attachment 218286 View attachment 218287 View attachment 218288 View attachment 218289 View attachment 218290 View attachment 218291 View attachment 218292
Rob , I made these out of a supple plastic by using an one inch paper punch and a leather hole punch , all the Blotto's and Dvarws are wearing it.
20210106_151540.jpg

Rob , I made these out of a supple plastic by using an one inch paper punch and a leather hole punch , all the Blotto's and Dvarws are wearing it.
View attachment 218577

I love innovation! ... just a thought on them "scuff protectors"; If you made them out of good old fashioned blotting paper, you'd have both a scuff protector and a spill protector ;)

Dvarw looks 100% better, Vault needs another session, Rebirth got some TLC and the Pyro is a work in progress (taking shape nicely)...

20210110_145358.jpg

Shado Omni RTA, first run done, got a few areas to focus on when I head up to the garage again.

20210113_131853.jpg 20210113_134214.jpg 20210113_134251.jpg 20210113_140836.jpg

Here's a nifty little tool that you can knock up quickly with an M8 bolt and nut to buff up your drip tips :)

Place the nut onto the bolt and tighten it down as far as it will go, and then place the threaded section of the bolt into your drills chuck.
Whilst the bolt is spinning around in your makeshift lathe, get a file and chamfer the one side of the nut as per the pics below.
When done, remove the nut, and repeat the exercise with the inside face of the bolt as per the pic below.

Now pop a drip tip, onto the bolt, tighten it in place with the chamfered nut, (which will automatically center the tip)
Reinsert the bolt, drip tip and nut into the drill chuck, and get a clean rag and some fine buffing compound ready ... and off ya go ... not too fast, as you want frictional heat at a minimum!

Optionally ... you can reduce the diameter of the bolt head as well, which would allow you to polish the inside edge of a drip tip too.

IMG_20210113_143942.jpg IMG_20210113_143847.jpg IMG_20210113_144018.jpg

Back