Polishing Vape Gear

Here's a nifty little tool that you can knock up quickly with an M8 bolt and nut to buff up your drip tips :)

Place the nut onto the bolt and tighten it down as far as it will go, and then place the threaded section of the bolt into your drills chuck.
Whilst the bolt is spinning around in your makeshift lathe, get a file and chamfer the one side of the nut as per the pics below.
When done, remove the nut, and repeat the exercise with the inside face of the bolt as per the pic below.

Now pop a drip tip, onto the bolt, tighten it in place with the chamfered nut, (which will automatically center the tip)
Reinsert the bolt, drip tip and nut into the drill chuck, and get a clean rag and some fine buffing compound ready ... and off ya go ... not too fast, as you want frictional heat at a minimum!

Optionally ... you can reduce the diameter of the bolt head as well, which would allow you to polish the inside edge of a drip tip too.

View attachment 219191 View attachment 219192 View attachment 219193

:monoloco: Challenge Accepted!!!!

Here's a nifty little tool that you can knock up quickly with an M8 bolt and nut to buff up your drip tips :)

Place the nut onto the bolt and tighten it down as far as it will go, and then place the threaded section of the bolt into your drills chuck.
Whilst the bolt is spinning around in your makeshift lathe, get a file and chamfer the one side of the nut as per the pics below.
When done, remove the nut, and repeat the exercise with the inside face of the bolt as per the pic below.

Now pop a drip tip, onto the bolt, tighten it in place with the chamfered nut, (which will automatically center the tip)
Reinsert the bolt, drip tip and nut into the drill chuck, and get a clean rag and some fine buffing compound ready ... and off ya go ... not too fast, as you want frictional heat at a minimum!

Optionally ... you can reduce the diameter of the bolt head as well, which would allow you to polish the inside edge of a drip tip too.

Great for 810's! I need a system for my 510's!

Great for 810's! I need a system for my 510's!

That's easy enough ... Just use a smaller bolt, (or better still ... use a smaller capscrew) ;)

Funny thing is that I prefer 510's too, but couldn't find an M4 or M5 bolt or capscrew long enough in my workshop, sooooo the proof of concept was done for an 810 :-(

Well, that didn't really work... looks like I will have to fire up the buffing wheel with some polishing compound! :confused:

Well, that didn't really work... looks like I will have to fire up the buffing wheel with some polishing compound! :confused:

I would still suggest putting a bolt through the center of a drip tip before buffing it, as tips are rather small, and your fingers are going to get dangerously close to that buffing wheel :eek: ... mind you ..a good nail buffing isn't the end of the world :giggle:

I would still suggest putting a bolt through the center of a drip tip before buffing it, as tips are rather small, and your fingers are going to get dangerously close to that buffing wheel :eek: ... mind you ..a good nail buffing isn't the end of the world :giggle:

Gotcha! And good idea... let me try the nail buff sponge first!
Polish Tips 4.jpg

That worked a bit better but I think to get a real shine it will need to go to the buffing wheel!

I just had a thought ... I've never really considered stainless steel, (or any metal for that matter), as an option for drip tips, (other than the Brunhilde one I made for a mate).
Has anyone used any before, and; Are they practical from a heat perspective? ... as I could knock up some plain 510's very easily ... I think the most expensive part would be the O rings, and they'd certainly be bling :inlove:

So whilst typing the post above, you guys go and build a drip tip goochiebang thingamambob and buff up a few tips ... I'm clearly getting old

Them tips are looking fantastic BTW ... especially the shiny ones :inlove:

So pray tell ... them titanium ones ... do they get hot on your lips?

So whilst typing the post above, you guys go and build a drip tip goochiebang thingamambob and buff up a few tips ... I'm clearly getting old

Them tips are looking fantastic BTW ... especially the shiny ones :inlove:

So pray tell ... them titanium ones ... do they get hot on your lips?

They do warm up, especially when you chain vape. But I dont go over 50w and they dont get "blister burning" hot. The RDA topcap gets warmer than the Titanium driptip.

I just had a thought ... I've never really considered stainless steel, (or any metal for that matter), as an option for drip tips, (other than the Brunhilde one I made for a mate).
Has anyone used any before, and; Are they practical from a heat perspective? ... as I could knock up some plain 510's very easily ... I think the most expensive part would be the O rings, and they'd certainly be bling :inlove:

I use one on the Taifun GX RDTA and the Kayfun Lite MTL RTA, works perfect with the tanks, used the "long" one on the Geek Vape Ammit MTL RDA as well. Heatwise on MTL Builds they dont heat up too much. Not sure what they'll do on a DL though, might get too hot.

I use one on the Taifun GX RDTA and the Kayfun Lite MTL RTA, works perfect with the tanks, used the "long" one on the Geek Vape Ammit MTL RDA as well. Heatwise on MTL Builds they dont heat up too much. Not sure what they'll do on a DL though, might get too hot.

Thanks for that ... As I vape on pretty low power, I think I'll make a couple of stainless ones and see how it goes ;) ... my perspex ones are so last year :rofl:

Awesome!

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa ... Love it! :aplastao:

Based on what you've already achieved with your RTA's, this should be a walk in the park ;)
Post manufacture of "the tool", we all expect to see some matchy matchy shiny tips on them bling tanks of yours :clap:
Ya, pics or it didn't happen!

Copper and brass is self sanitising. . Try one of that first.

Back