Polishing Vape Gear

Fantastic job as always :campeon:

I'm of two minds about the blue in the logo .... I say leave it there as an accent ;)

I am on the same page too at the moment, but contemplating removing the knurling completely on the top as I dont adjust the airflow at all once its ready to vape.

I am on the same page too at the moment, but contemplating removing the knurling completely on the top as I dont adjust the airflow at all once its ready to vape.

What you may want to do is use "Permatex Gasket Remover", (available from Midas), on the knurling to remove the powder coating, (It is in a spray can, so use an ear bud to apply it to just the knurling, and repeat application every minute about 10 times before rinsing it and the crud off) ... that way you keep your knurling, else ... file it off and buff it if you don't need the functionality ;)

Round one on the Vaporous and Dead Rabbit SQ, they will have to go for another session but the first operation turned out successful.

Thanks again to @Rob Fisher and @Intuthu Kagesi for your valuable input and guidance, I still have a long way to go to perfecting it, but I am enjoying this journey down the rabbit hole a lot!

View attachment 219987

Seeing how cool this looks made me hop on to the polishing train :rofl: I bought some autosol from Midas and gave my dvarw a quick polish, the results so far are amazing! It could however do with a 2nd session to get that mirror like finish.. any tips and tricks from you guys will be appreciated.

Ooooooi! ... flattery ain't getting you out of the video's :p ... you're actually pretty damn good at them ;) #justsaying

Then I better start looking at setting up a recording rig at the polishing station then... lights, camera and action... :angryyell:

Let's hope YouTube does not have a time limit on videos... otherwise it is going to run at 5x speed and we are going to sound like the chipmunks brought out a new xmas album...

I appreciate that polishing is a seriously time consuming labour of love, so maybe? a time lapse / trim of the 65536 hours per step down to half a minute is the answer ;)

I appreciate that polishing is a seriously time consuming labour of love, so maybe? a time lapse / trim of the 65536 hours per step down to half a minute is the answer ;)

Already working on a plan on what to record, what to leave out. Now just to figure out where to start... will do a couple of dummy runs and see where the rabbit hole takes me... been lazy (and busy with work) for my Coil & Wick recordings the last couple of months. Need to get that going again, so maybe I'll split it up. Thanks @Intuthu Kagesi, just the right kick in the rear to get my head going again!

Already working on a plan on what to record, what to leave out. Now just to figure out where to start... will do a couple of dummy runs and see where the rabbit hole takes me... been lazy (and busy with work) for my Coil & Wick recordings the last couple of months. Need to get that going again, so maybe I'll split it up. Thanks @Intuthu Kagesi, just the right kick in the rear to get my head going again!

You're most welcome to 'the kick' ... to be fair ... I believe your videos have proven to be helpful and insightful to members on this forum , and I'm selfishly looking to you for guidance now ... particularly so in that the pupil has long since overtaken the teacher ;)

Just had another thought on your, (and other forum members), instructional videos @DarthBranMuffin;

I think it would be a fantastic idea to create a sticky thread with a searchable index to various forum members videos ... particularly ones explaining general, (and specific to particular atty), wicking, coil making, mod and atty care, (including prettifying same), and some DIY too? ;)

There's some pretty damn amazing intellectual property hiding in this forum, that would be such a win if it was more easily accessible to all members :campeon:

After getting some amazing advice from @DarthBranMuffin yesterday I decided to head out to get some more goodies to take my polishing to the next level :-D I did however stick to my old faithful Autosol instead of switching over to meguires. Below are the results after a quick 1st session, please note that this was all done by hand as I'm awaiting delivery for all the bits and pieces to attach to my drill and bench grinder. IMG_20210311_190708.jpg Screenshot_2021-03-11-20-01-02-512_com.miui.gallery.jpg Screenshot_2021-03-11-20-00-53-297_com.miui.gallery.jpg

After getting some amazing advice from @DarthBranMuffin yesterday I decided to head out to get some more goodies to take my polishing to the next level :-D I did however stick to my old faithful Autosol instead of switching over to meguires. Below are the results after a quick 1st session, please note that this was all done by hand as I'm awaiting delivery for all the bits and pieces to attach to my drill and bench grinder. View attachment 224717 View attachment 224718 View attachment 224719

0mg!!!!!!! @Muhammedv that is one awesome polishing session right there!!!!

After getting some amazing advice from @DarthBranMuffin yesterday I decided to head out to get some more goodies to take my polishing to the next level :-D I did however stick to my old faithful Autosol instead of switching over to meguires. Below are the results after a quick 1st session, please note that this was all done by hand as I'm awaiting delivery for all the bits and pieces to attach to my drill and bench grinder. View attachment 224717 View attachment 224718 View attachment 224719
Awesome job,looks the business!

Awesome hand job:meparto:

Removed the knurling on the Hellvape Passage RDA and gave her another rubdown with polish.

20210414_131123.jpg

Seeing that the Edge is going to stay in service for a while it was time to give it the Mothers Treatement!
Edge Polish 1.jpg Edge Polish 2.jpg Edge Polish 4.jpg Edge Polish 6.jpg Edge Polish 7.jpg

Back