POLL: Do you vape with or without nicotine?

Do you vape with or without nicotine?

• With Nicotine

• Without Nicotine

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well @kev mac, I think @Silver, but this morning at 4 I start off with a nice 15mg tobacco on a 0.3 ohm coil with some Jacobs coffee.

Lol @Petrus
Its all relative to the build and the power. Most of my setups are very low power or reasonably high ohms.

But regarding your 15mg on 0.3 ohms, i read that and looked at your avatar pic ;-)
Lol

Last edited:
A worrying thought crossed my mind (picture a tumbleweed rolling in the Nevada desert).

8 Members use 0 mg nicotine. Are these people former smokers who have reduced nicotine to zero (in which case well done), or are they new vapers who have never smoked ?

If the latter is the case, then perhaps there is a problem (as some allege) with non smokers being attracted to vaping. We all know (and accept) that there may be health related problems with vaping, even when no nicotine is used.

The number is statistically not insignificant - at around 10%.

Perhaps the 8 members could put my mind at rest(annoying tumbleweed) by indicating whether they were smokers or not.

untyitled.png

I currently mix at 1.5mg. I have 3 bottles of nicotine left, I intend working my nic levels down so that by the time they're finished, I'll be at 0mg.

6mg on my DL RTA/ RDA devices.
9-12 mg on my MTL devices depending on build.
Have a few 18 mg Tobacco/ Dessert for occasional on my Reo/OL16/RM2/Cyclone for a nice buzz.

I've noticed many vapers are former hubbly smokers. I speak under correction, but most hubbly smokers do not care for nicotine. They do however enjoy the flavours, the act of blowing clouds and the social aspect. We all know that hubbly use was proven to be quite hazardous for your health, so ex hubbly users also made a change for the better, by taking up vaping.

A worrying thought crossed my mind (picture a tumbleweed rolling in the Nevada desert).

8 Members use 0 mg nicotine. Are these people former smokers who have reduced nicotine to zero (in which case well done), or are they new vapers who have never smoked ?

If the latter is the case, then perhaps there is a problem (as some allege) with non smokers being attracted to vaping. We all know (and accept) that there may be health related problems with vaping, even when no nicotine is used.

The number is statistically not insignificant - at around 10%.

Perhaps the 8 members could put my mind at rest(annoying tumbleweed) by indicating whether they were smokers or not.

View attachment 110136
I'm a 0mg vaper that used to smoke.
One of my friends started vaping 0mg with never having smoked ... another friend did the same and is now smoking :(

I’m a 0mg vapor, I initially started because I needed a reason to regularly get up from my desk and take a walk. I also like the flavours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a 0nic vaper, started that way, actually started vaping as a hobby, love creating something, and in this hobby there's so many ways to be creative...

Do get in some nic now and then accidentally as I have to make juices for some friends who vape nic, and sometimes I accidentally forget avout the nic and test the juice, not a nice feeling I must say, so won't be vaping nic out of choice any time soon...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Just a general poll to see what the numbers are...

Numbers are stacking up very much in favour of nicotine @JohannB

The poll currently sits at 99 nicotine, 9 no nicotine

Numbers are stacking up very much in favour of nicotine @JohannB

The poll currently sits at 99 nicotine, 9 no nicotine

I see that yeah! I think the general consensus of non-smokers is just that why start if you’re going to vape 0mg anyway?

On another note, I would like to try the medicinal vapes like the one for sinusitis. Any idea if it has been discussed here before?

I see that yeah! I think the general consensus of non-smokers is just that why start if you’re going to vape 0mg anyway?

On another note, I would like to try the medicinal vapes like the one for sinusitis. Any idea if it has been discussed here before?

I think the poll is a good one indeed. Lets see how it develops

As for sinusitis, no, havent seen or heard much about that.

I think the poll is a good one indeed. Lets see how it develops

As for sinusitis, no, havent seen or heard much about that.

For interest sake...

https://www.avacarevape.com

d9d59a178e02372ae35b3d5b4f2ebbd2.jpg

77ef6de388bd459220decb9ba2e5ac27.jpg

The medicinal value of "sinu-vape and flugonvape is probably based on the fact that menthol and possibly cinnamon, or some other unproven herb or spice, are added to the juice. Unfortunately there is no guarantee that they will have any effect on the patient (perhaps a placebo effect).

The company claims that the "medicinal" juice targets several symptoms. The way I interpret this is that if I shoot a gun at a target I may, or most likely will not, hit it. They claim to target the symptoms, but there is no guarantee or evidence that you will be cured.

According to a health based website there is "...no widely-accepted, conclusive scientific evidence that supports the use of menthol in treating any medical condition".

I know this is off topic but can't resist challenging snake oil salesmen. :):)

The medicinal value of "sinu-vape and flugonvape is probably based on the fact that menthol and possibly cinnamon, or some other unproven herb or spice, are added to the juice. Unfortunately there is no guarantee that they will have any effect on the patient (perhaps a placebo effect).

The company claims that the "medicinal" juice targets several symptoms. The way I interpret this is that if I shoot a gun at a target I may, or most likely will not, hit it. They claim to target the symptoms, but there is no guarantee or evidence that you will be cured.

According to a health based website there is "...no widely-accepted, conclusive scientific evidence that supports the use of menthol in treating any medical condition".

Thanks for the input Puff! If I'm going to take menthol it might as well be in a Cherry vape juice

I started vaping on 6mg... Quickly moved to 3mg... and since I started DIY i vape 2.5mg... planning on making my next batch 2mg... Eventually want to try and stop the nicotine altogether...

I started vaping on 6mg... Quickly moved to 3mg... and since I started DIY i vape 2.5mg... planning on making my next batch 2mg... Eventually want to try and stop the nicotine altogether...
I did the same from an initial 9%. Came down a bit to fast and had a six week relapse going from 6% to 4%. On 2.5% now but will take it slow from here on in, reducing in smaller percentages each time. Aiming for 0% at the end of the day.

As for the other issue raised, medicinal vape, they claim to treat symptoms so no claim is made of curing anything. Menthol does alleviate a sore throat, so who can argue?

Regards

I started on 12mg and moved to 9mg for a long time (back when the devices needed higher mg)... tried 6mg and again quickly dropped to 3mg where I have been for a long time... will probably stay on 3mg forever just to be on the safe side.

I started on 24, moved to 12, then 6, now I alternate between 9 and 18 :GODZILLA:

I stopped smoking the same time i started vaping Dec 2015. Been on 3mg vape ever since, however , I can easily go without vaping for weeks and just pickup where I left off without a single craving .. is this normal as I don't like 0mg as I dnt crave but I kinda don't like the fact that 0mg has no throat hit and to me the flava also differs??

So I'm vaping nicotine for the throat hit perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

@Puff the Magic Dragon The Flugonvape has Eucalyptus, not menthol, in it. Because of the eucalyptus , it does clear the nose somewhat offering symptomatic and temporary relief. No, I don't work for the company lol - but I bought the product a short while ago. I don't vape menthol, but I guess it would have the same effect.

I kinda don't like the fact that 0mg has no throat hit and to me the flava also differs??

So I'm vaping nicotine for the throat hit perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
@JsPLAYn Ah! You've hit the nail on the head! My first few bottles were 3mg. After that I bought a stock of 0mg in various flavours, hoping to get myself off nicotine. However, I've been soooo disappointed in my second stock (zero nic). I thought it was just that I loved the first lot (3mg) because of the "newness" factor of vaping. Maybe you've got a point about the nicotine throat hit and increased flavour. I think I'll have to buy some nicotine concentrate and add it to all my zero nic!!

Back