Possible Disposable Issue

I was thinking more in the lines of: "are devices and bottled juice, other than disposables, heading towards redundancy for the control of flavor and nicotine sales...". Once disposables dominate the market it is easy for governments to make the call on the banning of vape gear with the exclusion of closed systems where users cannot control their own usage.... I am no conspiracy theorist and doomsday prepper (except for cotton, I have way too much cotton and promised the Mrs I won't buy any more), but the thought has crossed my mind.

Here is a novel idea.... Vape shops selling disposables should ask customers buying them to return them for "disposal" for a discount on a new one. Bring back 10 and you get one free even.... that way the vape shops can ensure they are disposed off in the correct manner or repatriated by those that can make use of the batteries and casings for other projects and the leftovers can be recycled (metal and plastic). They should also put signs up educating the disposable users on how to dispose of the devices correctly.
Hi there you have some interesting points there.Based on your novel idea.Can you please elaborate as to what the correct manner is in regards to disposing of these disposable devices correctly ?

Hi there you have some interesting points there.Based on your novel idea.Can you please elaborate as to what the correct manner is in regards to disposing of these disposable devices correctly ?

These are just a few websites with ideas on the disposal and reuse of the actual batteries.

As for disposing of the entire pod it can be done in a few ways: sealed with insulation tape or in packets and disposed off at designated facilities (battery centers that does recycling, electronic centers or containers at Makro). If you want to keep a lot of old diaposables prior to disposal, do so by keeping it seperated from each other (ziplocs) or making use of a container/crate/box with silica gel or even kitty litter in to reduce the moisture. From there once your box is full it can then be disposed at the correct facilities or electronic hobbyist can pickup a full load to repatriate the batteries.

These are just a few websites with ideas on the disposal and reuse of the actual batteries.

As for disposing of the entire pod it can be done in a few ways: sealed with insulation tape or in packets and disposed off at designated facilities (battery centers that does recycling, electronic centers or containers at Makro). If you want to keep a lot of old diaposables prior to disposal, do so by keeping it seperated from each other (ziplocs) or making use of a container/crate/box with silica gel or even kitty litter in to reduce the moisture. From there once your box is full it can then be disposed at the correct facilities or electronic hobbyist can pickup a full load to repatriate the batteries.
Good advice.

IMO the best solution would be not to buy a disposable. If you do buy one save it for "emergency" use only.

A bit off topic, but I bought a caliburn ak2 pod kit to keep handy as a backup for when I didn't feel like cleaning tanks. Also got some spare pods. Used it for 2 weeks, and it appears that I've accidentally thrown the device away cos it's so small. That's me done with pods and disposables.
Update: it reappeared! It had fallen between the couch cushions. Stupidly tiny things.

Interesting. I always assumed the puffs refer to the juice capacity.
They might? ... even so, what good would that be if you only got 25 to 60% at best of what you paid for / were expecting :rolleyes: ... I'll let someone else do the cost per puff calculation ;-)

Who is going to count them anyway ?
You jest but I was chatting to one of the owners of a vape shop here in Durbs and I said the same thing and he responded saying you would be surprised how many people claim to have counted and the count is under whats advertised!

You jest but I was chatting to one of the owners of a vape shop here in Durbs and I said the same thing and he responded saying you would be surprised how many people claim to have counted and the count is under whats advertised!
It's certainly possible ... if they are 1 second pseudo puffs, and or the person counting has the arithmetic ability of a gnat :rolleyes:

I counted the puffs with an Airscream and Vozol. It was actually easy - I just kept a pen and paper at hand and I made a mark each time I took a puff. Because they're 50mg nic I didn't puff as long as I would when I'm vaping 6mg juice, but it was nevertheless a decent puff.

I didn't keep my records, but I know that Airscream was only about half of the claimed 600 puffs. Vozol was much better, approx. 75% of the claimed 1200 puffs.

An acquaintance of mine dismantled the Airscream and there was still quite a bit of juice left. The problem was that the battery was finished.

The problem was that the battery was finished.

That makes sense to me.

If I joined the dark side and started manufacturing disposable vapes I would design them so that there was juice left at the end of the battery charge.

You won't get many return customers if your new vapers are getting dry hits.

Wholesale-Disposable-Vapes-Electronic-Cigarette-Fumes-Ultra-5000-Puff-Fume-Vape-Pen.jpg
OK, so I had this here disposable to test.
Out the box I vaped two days before charging it. When I charged it, it lasted a whole week before it needed a recharge again. The juice also lasted in this pod with my style of vaping.
Its said to be refillable. I didn't get the chance to try refilling it, because by the second week someone with longish fingers decided they want to continue testing it for me.
So in my opinion this is a usable disposable for the fact it can be refilled, recharged and re-use.

View attachment 260909
OK, so I had this here disposable to test.
Out the box I vaped two days before charging it. When I charged it, it lasted a whole week before it needed a recharge again. The juice also lasted in this pod with my style of vaping.
Its said to be refillable. I didn't get the chance to try refilling it, because by the second week someone with longish fingers decided they want to continue testing it for me.
So in my opinion this is a usable disposable for the fact it can be refilled, recharged and re-use.

I also received one anonymously.

Not sure about the refill. But definitely rechargeable. And the mango tastes like apple, but that is admittedly suggestive.

But my biggest problem is the wrapping design. It gets the attention of my 6-year old. So mine is packed away very far.

I also received one anonymously.

Not sure about the refill. But definitely rechargeable. And the mango tastes like apple, but that is admittedly suggestive.

But my biggest problem is the wrapping design. It gets the attention of my 6-year old. So mine is packed away very far.
OK. My Mango tasted like the beechies(gum) Mango with ice.
The wrapping wasn't my fav. part either although I'm into tye dye and psychedelic prints and the fact that someone with long fingers figured I didn't need it that much. I never got the chance to try and refill.
All In all I had a good vaping experience till it dissappeared

I didn't know where to post but thought here wouldn't be a problem.
I am not out and about a lot at home but on holiday I've been out a fair amount.
I have seen so many disposed of disposables on footpaths and walkways. Today I found one on the grass 30cm from the gate to a kiddies playground. I know kids and their curiosity and I am certain they would pick up a device like this and puff on it to see if it works and if it's nice. Obviously other health risks involved as well.
I am certain regular vapers would not do this.
I think we as a collective group need to take a bit of responsibility for this type of behaviour of other ignoramus idiots and pick them up as and when we see them and dispose of them in a battery bin at a supermarket or at a vape shop or if no other alternative in a trash can.
No matter who dropped it, it'll reflect back on us generally.
Just my opinion.
Sorry if people disagree.

Attachments

• 20230824_164112.jpg
    20230824_164112.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 11
I didn't know where to post but thought here wouldn't be a problem.
I am not out and about a lot at home but on holiday I've been out a fair amount.
I have seen so many disposed of disposables on footpaths and walkways. Today I found one on the grass 30cm from the gate to a kiddies playground. I know kids and their curiosity and I am certain they would pick up a device like this and puff on it to see if it works and if it's nice. Obviously other health risks involved as well.
I am certain regular vapers would not do this.
I think we as a collective group need to take a bit of responsibility for this type of behaviour of other ignoramus idiots and pick them up as and when we see them and dispose of them in a battery bin at a supermarket or at a vape shop or if no other alternative in a trash can.
No matter who dropped it, it'll reflect back on us generally.
Just my opinion.
Sorry if people disagree.
The UK Government is very pro vaping but disposables are causing a real issue which sooner rather than later will see them banned in the UK, Vaping in the UK thankfully isn't under threat as the benefits are seen to easily out weigh the negatives but the take up of disposables by children and as you also mentioned them also just being tossed and not disposed of properly is becoming a major concern.

Back