Possibly Shorted My Twisp Battery

bjorn

It's me, Spiderman
LV

Awards
hi guys. i use a twisp. i tried to by clever and get more life out of a coil, by trying to replace the wick part.

after firing it up, my battery died. i've managed to open it up, can't really see anything wrong with my limited knowledge of electronics. all the wires seem attached, the little circuit board on the inside also seems intact.
pushing the little button, just gives nothing. no LED, no vape, no nothing.

any suggestions?

Hi @bjorn . This may be a dumb question but are you sure the battery is on? (Press the button rapidly 5 times) I don't see how changing the wick could affect the electronics system.

the coil could be touching the sides from replacing the wick, and making a short. just a taught.

Hi @bjorn

When you replaced the wick in the coil did you ensure that the coil was evenly spaced and not touching an of the sides of the coil cup (the silver bowl which the coil its in)?

Does the battery charge? When you plug the battery in for charge does the LED button light up?

yes, avikaar, i checked that, thanks!

annemarie bhavz, i did double check for that, but i don't think so, but this must be what happened, otherwise, i would not be in this predicament.

last night i gave up fiddling with it as it was too dark and i was tired, i tried this morning and i see that it does indeed charge. the LED lights up when i plug it in. but when i press the button, nothing, nada, zilch.
i don't understand electronics that well, but this is telling me that little button on the circuit board is fried and the battery is still fine. i could be wrong??

yeah, i took the coil out... the battery (or battery unit/cartridge?) is still doing it. just hoping there's a way i could fix it.

the part that holds the liquid , unscrew it , put the battery on charge . replace the coil and hopefully all should be fine

Does the button light up when you push it? If not, make sure it is switched on.
The button has to light up when you push it, even with nothing connected to it.

shabbar,, i appreciate you trying to help, but yes, i do know how this works. i have the battery unit completely taken apart and it's insides are lying on my desk. i can confirm that it charges when i plug it in (LED lights up), but when i press the button, nothing, no LED, no vape (if i attached the clearomiser), etc.

shabbar,, i appreciate you trying to help, but yes, i do know how this works. i have the battery unit completely taken apart and it's insides are lying on my desk. i can confirm that it charges when i plug it in (LED lights up), but when i press the button, nothing, no LED, no vape (if i attached the clearomiser), etc.

crap , oh well the good side is ...time for an upgrade bud !!!

Sadly, I must agree...killed an ego passthru as described.
But yeah...no better time than now to upgrade.

sitting here thinking the same thing. i'm not going to spend R280 on yet another twisp battery.

so variable voltage batteries in south africa... ? i'm new to this.

i suggest you try the vision spinner with an evod/mini protank 2/3 or aero-tank mini

check vapeking / vapour mountain for stock on vv/vw batteries

do you know if all these parts are interchangeable? can i take my twisp clearomiser for instance and screw it onto another battery unit?

do you know if all these parts are interchangeable? can i take my twisp clearomiser for instance and screw it onto another battery unit?

My In-Law's Twisp clearo works 100% on my vision spinner

@bjorn sounds like you may need to replace the entire coil or make sure that the coil is screwed in properly. If your battery is working and you are not getting any vapour, it's a coil issue. If you have a pair of long nosed pliers, just screw the coil in tight enough. From what I understand, you didn't replace the entire coil?

a forum with people that actually reply. nice.
thanks for the help guys. i still hope i can somehow revive that battery. obviously the battery itself is working, so it's just a small little part that needs fixing.

if i have to upgrade, i've seen those variable voltage units on the interwebs. they seem attractive, i always found the twisp could have delivered a bit more of a punch.

hi twispcig. no it's not the coil, it's the battery unit itself. without anything attached to it, no coil, no clearomiser, no nothing, when pressing the button, it does not light up.
it does light up, when i put it on charge, but not when pressing the button.

yeah kinda. i don't want to buy another twisp battery though, i've already been through about 4 or 5 during the warranty period, not so keen to pay R280 for something that might not last that long.
i'd rather upgrade to something better if i have to fork out money.

Back