Post Office Strike

Smoke187

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Ok, so this is some good news, The post office strike has ended, so hopefully everybody thats waiting for some SAPO VAPE MAIL will get their packages :)

http://rekordmoot.co.za/24432/post-office-strike-ends/

A three-week Post Office strike by casual and part-time employees has come to an end and operations in affected areas have resumed, chief operations officer Mlu Mathonsi said.
“We are seeing major improvements operationally following the dismissal of the 403 illegally striking casual postal workers on 2 September 2014,” Mathonsi said.
The dismissals came after several meetings with concerned parties and labour union leaders.
Mathonsi said management was closely keeping track of a steady return of non-striking employees, who stayed at home did not took part strike-related violence and intimidation.
“In addition, mail sorting by volunteer employees commenced over the past weekend. We will ntroduce other measures to expedite the resumption of full business operations in all the business areas that have been affected by the strike,” said Mathonsi.
He said the strike resulted in a backlog of mail and the bulk of mail will be worked off in the next few weeks.
“We regret the inconvenience the strike has caused our customers, and assure them the SA Post Office management, with the support of all our stakeholders, including the Minister and our labour partners, is working tirelessly to restore operations back to full capacity.”

its about time this strike ends

I just wonder how long this truce will last?

I really do hope this is over now, 4 packages in the post, so over waiting.

ja nee kyk!

I am so tired of waiting for my stuff!!

And then their Track and Trace systems is also offline! Oh the Joys!!

I'm really starting to get highly pee'd off with the POST office.
I have been waiting since around the 20/08/2014 for my juice from @Just B and with the strike that took place which ended last week, I tried to check with the local PO again today and guess what, they are on another strike this week and another strike planned after this.

They are holding me back from some good juice :(

Best advice I can gice is not to use SAPO for the next 2 months or you will end up like me, almost a whole month and no juice ;(

@Smoke187. If you can get to @KieranD from Vape Cartel, I will arrange that he gives you a bottle of you choice to carry you over till the stike ends and you get you juice order. I will just add an extra bottle into his next order to replace this one.

@Smoke187. If you can get to @KieranD from Vape Cartel, I will arrange that he gives you a bottle of you choice to carry you over till the stike ends and you get you juice order. I will just add an extra bottle into his next order to replace this one.

Thats such an awesome offer, but honestly I couldnt accept that. At the end of the day, both you and @KieranD are running a business and I cannot expect you'll to take a loss, because of our incompetent postal service.
I will however take you'll up on the World vaping day special and grab 2 flavours from Vape Cartel at the special price :)

@KieranD - I will make arrangements with you to place an order, since I will be in Cape Town on Thursday, I can maybe meet you Wednesday afternoon if thats cool.

@Smoke187 no problem at all :) Any afternoon this week at your convenience :) I am around all week so whenever suits you best :)
Please do not stress about the stock, we carry more than enough to help you out at times like this :) some juice is a small price when it comes to delivering the service we strive for and keeping all our customers happy no matter what :)

Its for this reason that Vape Cartel and @Just B work hand in hand :)

Sorry guys but the poop is all over the fan again......

This found on the SAPO Facebook page

South African Post Office
48 mins ·
Just after the resolution of the strike by casual workers, workers at the Witspos, Tshwane Mail, Germiston and Polokwane mail depots have downed tools on an illegal strike.
The reasons given for the action is the appointment of temporary mail workers into permanent positions.
The current strike action adds mail in the mail system by four days.
Janras Kotsi, group executive: Mail Business said the SA Post Office is engaging organised labour and implementing contingency plans to keep mail moving.

and this....

Unfortunately a number of post offices in Gauteng and the Cape Town area had to be closed for the safety of our customers and employees. These are:

Cape Town area

• Eppindust Post Office
• Caravelle Post Office
• Claremont Post Office
• Bonteheuwel Post Office
• Rondebosch Post Office
• Howard Place Post Office
• Millstreet Post Office
• Wynberg Post Office
• Khayelitsha Post Office
• Lingelethu West Post Office
• Manyanani Post Office
• Makhaya Post Office
• Elonwabeni Post Office

Johannesburg area:

• Kemptonpark
• Daveyton
• Daveyton East
• Krugersdorp
• Alrode
• Germiston
• Ironside
• Kwenzekile
• Sharpeville
• Walkerville
• Stretford

All I can do it thank the Pope that Durbs is still operational otherwise Brooklyn wouldn't have been delivered today! :rock:

Just came from post office having been told the same thing there.

I have more than 200ml of liquid stuck somewhere in the country! I've now ended up having to order more juice from local guys via aramex shipping to just have something to keep me afloat

I haven't been able to sell anything on BoB for weeks! This is becoming tiresome :mad:

I just wanted to give send out a HUGE THANK YOU to @Just B and @KieranD Thanks for the juice, Now I am stocked up with another 3 Just B flavours to keep me going until postman pat decides to go back to work

Back