PrimeNic, you did it again

VG based nicotine kept in a cool dark place will outlast PG based nic stored in the sun.

Nicotine will degrade regardless of the carrier due to a number of variables rendering your rather terse comment moot in consumer sized quantities.

People should buy their nic in the carrier that suits their needs (and shaking endurance) best.
Well I calculated it as follows.. If I want a 70vg juice, I need to keep my flavours below 20% in order to use 100% PG nic. If I want to use 50/50 nic, I need to keep the flavours below 25%.

Now, in the olden days.. 20% wasn't THAT much. These days, it's a ton. I usually never go above 17-18%, so I can actually use 100% PG nic. Maybe I should order that on my next refill.

Well I calculated it as follows.. If I want a 70vg juice, I need to keep my flavours below 20% in order to use 100% PG nic. If I want to use 50/50 nic, I need to keep the flavours below 25%.

Now, in the olden days.. 20% wasn't THAT much. These days, it's a ton. I usually never go above 17-18%, so I can actually use 100% PG nic. Maybe I should order that on my next refill.

Look, PG based nicotine is a lot easier to work with. No doubt about that.

Look, PG based nicotine is a lot easier to work with. No doubt about that.
Yup, for sure. Easier to get on your fingers though, but at 36mg it has less risk.
EDIT: Forgot to say, the above calcs took into account 36mg nic base.

VG based nicotine kept in a cool dark place will outlast PG based nic stored in the sun.

Nicotine will degrade regardless of the carrier due to a number of variables rendering your rather terse comment moot in consumer sized quantities.

People should buy their nic in the carrier that suits their needs (and shaking endurance) best.
Nicotine will degrade faster in vg

Nicotine will degrade faster in VG

I got hellish throathit from a bottle of prime nic once. I only buy nic from Clyrolinx now, last 8 months or so, not a single issue.

Also, Nic degrades faster in VG

I only use 100mg Nic in PG, because it is easier to work with PG and PG is a known preservative, which keeps the nic in top shape for longer than VG.

Repeating it doesn't make it relevant. For our use case in consumer batches it makes no difference.
It's relevant, that nicotine in the OP's picture is in VG, it degraded.

Heat, light and oxygen are the 3 main contributors to nicotine degradation.

While the carrier may contribute, I would rather attribute this issue to mishandling along the production line.

I'm a fan of VG nic, so if you could provide something to support your assertion it would be of interest to me.

I think those shelf-life estimates are very conservative. Nic I'm not sure but 12 months for VG and PG sounds too short. I've heard up to 5 years if it's kept relatively cool and out of sunlight. A year for flavours is also disturbing. I have flavours I bought more than a year ago and of which I've only used 2ml or less, yet they seem to still be fine.

I think those shelf-life estimates are very conservative. Nic I'm not sure but 12 months for VG and PG sounds too short. I've heard up to 5 years if it's kept relatively cool and out of sunlight. A year for flavours is also disturbing. I have flavours I bought more than a year ago and of which I've only used 2ml or less, yet they seem to still be fine.
Well the reddit author claims at the time to have a bottle of nic (unknown base) that is over 4 years old.

Heat, light and oxygen are the 3 main contributors to nicotine degradation.

While the carrier may contribute, I would rather attribute this issue to mishandling along the production line.

I'm a fan of VG nic, so if you could provide something to support your assertion it would be of interest to me.

I'm mostly going on experience, buying nicotine for years, there was talk about it on the international forum but that was years ago.There is a noticeable difference even if you keep the liquid in an opaque container in a cool dark place it seems to degrade quickly in VG and it doesn't seem to degrade at all in pg at 3.6 percent and 10 percent.

Ive only bought nic in vg once and didnt like the taste. Been using nic on pg for years now and never had issues RE taste. I buy in bulk, keeping it in a dark cool place and never had issues

I'm mostly going on experience, buying nicotine for years, there was talk about it on the international forum but that was years ago.There is a noticeable difference even if you keep the liquid in an opaque container in a cool dark place it seems to degrade quickly in VG and it doesn't seem to degrade at all in pg at 3.6 percent and 10 percent.
Thanks, something to keep in mind

I can vouch for all of these guys. The quality is excellent and is even used in some commercial juice lines. I know Sir Vape uses their own Steam Masters Nic for their juices so quality is definitely excellent. Skyblue does the same. TFM also supplies to some local guys and the reviews are great. If you ever have a problem with a purchase from these guys, they'll sort it out without hesitation.
Good to hear that customer service is still a priority despite having a captive market.

captive market?.
Captive market means there is a situation where you have demand but limited supply (from limited suppliers). Eager clients will have to buy from one of the very few available suppliers, or stay without the item.

I don't actually agree that it describes the situation we have in SA, though. There are many suppliers, not a select few that you are limited to. There are many vape shops (B&M), and quite a few online vape stores. One could argue that nicotine base is caught in a captive market, and that is partly true - there isn't THAT much choice when it comes to nicotine base in SA (but you do have some).

Captive market means there is a situation where you have demand but limited supply (from limited suppliers). Eager clients will have to buy from one of the very few available suppliers, or stay without the item.

I don't actually agree that it describes the situation we have in SA, though. There are many suppliers, not a select few that you are limited to. There are many vape shops (B&M), and quite a few online vape stores. One could argue that nicotine base is caught in a captive market, and that is partly true - there isn't THAT much choice when it comes to nicotine base in SA (but you do have some).
exactly what this person said!.

That's exactly what I was referring to. The market brands for nicotine is extremely limited in SA. For those who can afford to import thumbs up to you.

Back