PrimeNic, you did it again

That's exactly what I was referring to. The market brands for nicotine is extremely limited in SA. For those who can afford to import thumbs up to you.
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with you on the nicotine front for the most part. I'd love to have NudeNicotine supplied in SA, for instance.

Have a bottle of PG nic on order, probably delivered tomorrow or Thursday. I'm getting fed up with VG nic :p I've discovered that I can actually mix all my current recipes (and even my high-nic tobacco MTL juices) with 100% PG nic.

I suspect I got a bottle of Prime Nic which isnt as advertised on the bottle. I shook that bottle up so much before using it in my initial mix. It says 36mg on the but when used in a mix at the appropriate ratios, it was unvapable - even after shaking up the mix daily and letting it breath every few days for 20mins at at time. It was supposed to be a 3mg mix. The juice eventually turned gold in colour. Looks like Golden Syrup. I should throw it it out already.
I mixed up another batch of the same nic but halved the nic from 3 to 1.5 and, while still harsh, a lot more vapable.
In my next attempt, I'm going to mix the same recipe but will adjust nic to (75% of 1.5mg) - 1.125mg.
I'm also goingto get some Clyronix nic at 36mg and compare the two side by side just for shits and giggles.
Definitely feels like I got a bottle of 50mg nic as opposed to 36mg. But this isnt putting me off one bit. This is just adding experience to my (new) DIY Journey!
Keep on DIY'ing peeps!

I suspect I got a bottle of Prime Nic which isnt as advertised on the bottle. I shook that bottle up so much before using it in my initial mix. It says 36mg on the but when used in a mix at the appropriate ratios, it was unvapable - even after shaking up the mix daily and letting it breath every few days for 20mins at at time. It was supposed to be a 3mg mix. The juice eventually turned gold in colour. Looks like Golden Syrup. I should throw it it out already.
I mixed up another batch of the same nic but halved the nic from 3 to 1.5 and, while still harsh, a lot more vapable.
In my next attempt, I'm going to mix the same recipe but will adjust nic to (75% of 1.5mg) - 1.125mg.
I'm also goingto get some Clyronix nic at 36mg and compare the two side by side just for shits and giggles.
Definitely feels like I got a bottle of 50mg nic as opposed to 36mg. But this isnt putting me off one bit. This is just adding experience to my (new) DIY Journey!
Keep on DIY'ing peeps!
I had the same before.. and I've had a bottle differ in strength during the same bottle as well. Very strange, but the top half of the bottle would be close to 30mg while the bottom half would be closer to 50mg. Or whatever the quantities but yknow, a big difference. And yes, I've shaken it for minutes and minutes on end, every time. What I actually started suspecting is that PrimeNic isn't mixing the nic into the VG correctly the first time round. It needs more than just a shake to blend in with VG when first mixed, and my theory is that they're not stirring it properly before decanting into the bottles that are sold.

I'm now using PG Nic (still PrimeNic) and will see how it goes through the lifecycle of the bottle.. but if my theory is correct, it should be much better as nic mixes easier into PG.

I had the same before.. and I've had a bottle differ in strength during the same bottle as well. Very strange, but the top half of the bottle would be close to 30mg while the bottom half would be closer to 50mg. Or whatever the quantities but yknow, a big difference. And yes, I've shaken it for minutes and minutes on end, every time. What I actually started suspecting is that PrimeNic isn't mixing the nic into the VG correctly the first time round. It needs more than just a shake to blend in with VG when first mixed, and my theory is that they're not stirring it properly before decanting into the bottles that are sold.

I'm now using PG Nic (still PrimeNic) and will see how it goes through the lifecycle of the bottle.. but if my theory is correct, it should be much better as nic mixes easier into PG.
Thanx @aktorsyl .
I think my best bet, to be absolutely certain, would be to get some same strength Clyronix and mix identical batches using each of the 2 x Nic that I'll have.

I've discovered that I can actually mix all my current recipes (and even my high-nic tobacco MTL juices) with 100% PG nic.

It's becoming less and less of an issue as recipe development refines. If you use 36mg and vape at 3mg, the nic will take up 8.3% of the mix. So you would need total flavouring in excess of 21.7% to hit the PG ceiling on a standard 70/30 mix. With hardware becoming more efficient at delivering flavour, as well as high-potency brands like Inw and Flv gaining traction, it's becoming rare for recipes to even approach 20% total flavouring. I have loads and loads of recipes at under 10%. I mix 60/40 so I'm not even close to the PG ceiling on anything.

Back