Reonaut
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Pay attention when inserting batteries
Or else this could happen to you too :D

Today I was in a rush to change batteries in my mosfet boxmod, and in my haste one of them was inserted upside down. This resulted in a dead short, and there was near instant fire and smoke from the terminals of the mod. Fortunately I was able to pull them out quickly, and no permanent damage resulted. After testing everything thoroughly on the multimeter, everything seems to be fine, even the batteries are ok. I'll just need to re-wrap them.

So it was a good lesson for me to learn, and in future I'll be taking that extra couple of seconds to make sure that the batteries are oriented correctly.

19798311972_566ce5035e_z.jpg

19798364332_e5b1b871a4_z.jpg

Last edited:
Glad its all OK @Alex

Thanks for sharing

Great reminder for those with dual mosfet boxes to take note what they doing when inserting batteries.
And just a general good reminder to all of us even if we dont have those devices to be careful with our batteries.

That's terrifying man. Glad there was no serious damage.

Super Scary stuff!! GLad all is okay Alex and was a big learning curve witnessing something like that!!

You were very calm and reacted very quickly in the situation!!

Eish, that could have gone terribly wrong :eek:

I'm glad that you managed to get them out in time and the batts didn't vent.:whew:

Pay attention when inserting batteries
Or else this could happen to you too :D

Today I was in a rush to change batteries in my mosfet boxmod, and in my haste one of them was inserted upside down. This resulted in a dead short, and there was near instant fire and smoke from the terminals of the mod. Fortunately I was able to pull them out quickly, and no permanent damage resulted. After testing everything thoroughly on the multimeter, everything seems to be fine, even the batteries are ok. I'll just need to re-wrap them.

So it was a good lesson for me to learn, and in future I'll be taking that extra couple of seconds to make sure that the batteries are oriented correctly.

19798311972_566ce5035e_z.jpg

19798364332_e5b1b871a4_z.jpg
Just goes to show nobody's too experienced to make a mistake. Glad it turned out o.k.

Glad you ok @Alex

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Advice taken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, that can happen so easily - unless one get into the habit to consciously check every time. Done it once or twice in the charger, but fortunately it shows in the blinking of the lights. Now I check every time.
Glad you are ok.

Sorry that it happened @Alex :( hopefully someone else can benefit from your misfortune.

Note to self: don't trust @Paulie and @devdev when batteries are venting. They just get up and run away without telling you that you what's going on. :D

Batteries can go horribly wrong yes. And yet every month I have to go and check/refill about 250 of them buggers.

Back