Pulse AIO Kit - Vandyvape

I hope that you didn't buy yours from Sir Vape.

They now have this warning :

Please note: Do not overtighten the 510. If overtightened it could possibly crack around the 510 area. There will be no refunds on devices if the 510 has been overtightened.

"If overtightened it could possibly crack around the 510 area." <-- Is this not admitting it is a design flaw??

contacted VandyVape directly and to my surprise they immediately sent me a replacement body for the part thats cracked.

If VandyVape is willing to replace the mod then they are agreeing that the problem is of their own making. They should be commended for their positive response.

The last time I can remember issues with a lot of units cracking was the Topside Lite!

"If overtightened it could possibly crack around the 510 area." <-- Is this not admitting it is a design flaw??
Not really, it just shows that they know it will crack if over tightened. Almost anything over tightened will damage something. On my Abyss I made the same mistake and it would leak. Nothing has a perfect design, there will always be cautions and warning on operating a device . I will still buy one , and snug it down

Not really, it just shows that they know it will crack if over tightened. Almost anything over tightened will damage something. On my Abyss I made the same mistake and it would leak. Nothing has a perfect design, there will always be cautions and warning on operating a device . I will still buy one , and snug it down

I agree "Almost anything over tightened will damage something" - but these are tightened by hand.
If your product can be broken by that then the product is crap - own up!

IMHO stripping of threads should be the worst result of "over-tightening" by hand.

I agree "Almost anything over tightened will damage something" - but these are tightened by hand.
If your product can be broken by that then the product is crap - own up!

IMHO stripping of threads should be the worst result of "over-tightening" by hand.
Let's agree to disagree? Over tightening on a boro device is a big no-no, I think the problem is more that the 510 doesn't sit flush, causing people to crank down. But even this is present on almost all other boro devices, even the Abyss has it, but it's a gap under the top cap. Does this make it crap? Not for me, but for you it does, and that is up to you! For me, I'll buy it end of this month and I'll screw it down snug and live with the gap8--)

Let's agree to disagree? Over tightening on a boro device is a big no-no, I think the problem is more that the 510 doesn't sit flush, causing people to crank down. But even this is present on almost all other boro devices, even the Abyss has it, but it's a gap under the top cap. Does this make it crap? Not for me, but for you it does, and that is up to you! For me, I'll buy it end of this month and I'll screw it down snug and live with the gap8--)

I'm also looking to get a 2nd full black one at month end

Mine actually isn't cracked so I am lucky but not really the point when obviously there is an issue with so many! My issue with whether the overtightening is or isn't possible by hand and whether that should cause cracking is more to do with the blanket statement made by @Sir Vape washing their hands of the whole situation when they should be trying their utmost to help customers resolve the issue, obviously from their statement they have made their mind up if someone's unit cracks they overtightened the 510 so are responsible, poor show from a vendor! If that was a UK vendor I wouldn't use them again but then I have never seen such an announcement from a vendor before!

Mine actually isn't cracked so I am lucky but not really the point when obviously there is an issue with so many! My issue with whether the overtightening is or isn't possible by hand and whether that should cause cracking is more to do with the blanket statement made by @Sir Vape washing their hands of the whole situation when they should be trying their utmost to help customers resolve the issue, obviously from their statement they have made their mind up if someone's unit cracks they overtightened the 510 so are responsible, poor show from a vendor! If that was a UK vendor I wouldn't use them again but then I have never seen such an announcement from a vendor before!
Definitely! It's not cool to just say you won't entertain any cracking! But that's a easy fix, I removed it from there basket, went to another vendor and place a order. It's not like it's a Billet Box that is super difficult to order. There are a number of vendors here that stock it;)

Definitely! It's not cool to just say you won't entertain any cracking! But that's a easy fix, I removed it from there basket, went to another vendor and place a order. It's not like it's a Billet Box that is super difficult to order. There are a number of vendors here that stock it;)
All depends if that statement also is their policy on the units they have already sold? Hopefully with pressure put on in this thread @Sir Vape will be more helpful when it comes to units already purchased!

Good Morning all. Craig here owner Sir Vape, So let me start by saying we are damned if we do or damned if we don't. What does that mean you might ask. Well, when we first got the PULSE AIO in we had no clue that there would be an issue like this down the line, so in good faith, we are warning potential new customers that this could occur if you overtighten the 510 to hold the boro in place. ( on a private note I have overtightened my own one and cracked it for no other reason than my OCD kicked in because the 510 didn't sit flush and I tried to make it flush) So if we do not put this warning up and someone does overtighten and we have not warned them about this potential issue we are at fault, but also because we have put this warning up we are also at fault for people who have already bought one.

Vandy Vape has honored as far as I am aware all claims in this regard and are sending out new units because they admitted to the flaw they are honoring the warranty not us hence us putting up the statement. For people using the stock coils bridge, this does not seem to be an issue as the 510 sits flush but as far as we are aware the bulk of people who have cracked theirs have used the rebuildable bridge. or other aftermarket bridges.

As for Sir Vape, we have always tried to be as fair as possible with all our customers, and when they have had legitimate issues tried our utmost to put them back in the same situation as they were before.

So I will leave this with you, would rather not deal with a company that is 100% upfront with you and warns you of a potential issue so that you can make an informed decision upfront by having a warning, or would you rather deal with a company that after the fact if an issue arises tells you that oh yeah that is a known issue and yeah you will have to sort that out yourself through the distributor.

So thank you to whoever started this thread we truly do appreciate both positive and negative criticism and the opportunity to explain the reasoning behind our decision to warn people and risk not selling the stock VS selling the stock and then pawning the blame off at a later stage.

Regards
Craig

Good Morning all. Craig here owner Sir Vape, So let me start by saying we are damned if we do or damned if we don't. What does that mean you might ask. Well, when we first got the PULSE AIO in we had no clue that there would be an issue like this down the line, so in good faith, we are warning potential new customers that this could occur if you overtighten the 510 to hold the boro in place. ( on a private note I have overtightened my own one and cracked it for no other reason than my OCD kicked in because the 510 didn't sit flush and I tried to make it flush) So if we do not put this warning up and someone does overtighten and we have not warned them about this potential issue we are at fault, but also because we have put this warning up we are also at fault for people who have already bought one.

Vandy Vape has honored as far as I am aware all claims in this regard and are sending out new units because they admitted to the flaw they are honoring the warranty not us hence us putting up the statement. For people using the stock coils bridge, this does not seem to be an issue as the 510 sits flush but as far as we are aware the bulk of people who have cracked theirs have used the rebuildable bridge. or other aftermarket bridges.

As for Sir Vape, we have always tried to be as fair as possible with all our customers, and when they have had legitimate issues tried our utmost to put them back in the same situation as they were before.

So I will leave this with you, would rather not deal with a company that is 100% upfront with you and warns you of a potential issue so that you can make an informed decision upfront by having a warning, or would you rather deal with a company that after the fact if an issue arises tells you that oh yeah that is a known issue and yeah you will have to sort that out yourself through the distributor.

So thank you to whoever started this thread we truly do appreciate both positive and negative criticism and the opportunity to explain the reasoning behind our decision to warn people and risk not selling the stock VS selling the stock and then pawning the blame off at a later stage.

Regards
Craig

"Please note: Do not overtighten the 510. If overtightened it could possibly crack around the 510 area. There will be no refunds on devices if the 510 has been overtightened."

Nothing wrong with warning people about a problem but does that no refunds over this issue apply to units bought before this warning, you didn't address this in your statement!

"Please note: Do not overtighten the 510. If overtightened it could possibly crack around the 510 area. There will be no refunds on devices if the 510 has been overtightened."

Nothing wrong with warning people about a problem but does that no refunds over this issue apply to units bought before this warning, you didn't address this in your statement!

The warning has pretty much been up since we started selling them and is not new at all. We didn't just put it up now if that is what you are claiming. When we had the first issue with a client which we replaced and with Craig cracking his in the beginning we then put up the warning. We have discussed this with Vandy and they are the ones that said that the customers must deal with them regarding issues which they will honor.

The warning has pretty much been up since we started selling them and is not new at all. We didn't just put it up now if that is what you are claiming. When we had the first issue with a client which we replaced and with Craig cracking his in the beginning we then put up the warning. We have discussed this with Vandy and they are the ones that said that the customers must deal with them regarding issues which they will honor.
I didn't "claim" anything!:monoloco:

To be honest, I’m not impressed with the response from Vandy Vape. Sending new casing to customers and asking them to unmount their mods and replace PCBs and stuff into the new casing is a quick fix and not something that works out for me… so I’m not going to bother and write to them.

To be honest, I’m not impressed with the response from Vandy Vape. Sending new casing to customers and asking them to unmount their mods and replace PCBs and stuff into the new casing is a quick fix and not something that works out for me… so I’m not going to bother and write to them.
On paper this looked an awesome device from Vandyvape and those of us that have used it almost to a man are impressed but when something like this happens is it the case that a lot of mainstream manufacturers just rush products out with next to no testing! You see a first photo of a new device from a manufacturer like Vandyvape and within a couple of weeks people have already got it in their hands, to the other extreme when I see a photo of a product from say SX Mini it will be between 6 to 12 months usually before it's available because they test and test! I am not saying manufacturers at the price point of Vandyvape should spend 6 months testing but it's obvious this was just thrown out there, a shame because apart from the cracking issues this is a real winner!

If they are going to be sending them via SAPO it's damn near ridiculous! Touchwood mine is still intact and no cracks.

If they are going to be sending them via SAPO it's damn near ridiculous! Touchwood mine is still intact and no cracks.
SAPO it is, from what I heard. Then I have to play Mc Gyver with a plastic device. I am used to buy a lot of gear straight from China and I honestly made peace with the idea that there is no aftersales service to be expected. Besides, it doesn't seem to affect the performance of the device... So I'm just going to leave it there.

So what we learnt from this thread is that the material used in the Pulse AIO is sub-par and will crack with a little force. If it does happen and you purchased it from a local vendor then hard lucks you are on your own and have to deal with Vandy Vape and wait for SAPO shipping, should be here by Christmas....I will put my Pulse AIO into the cupboard and leave it there. It is supposed to be a durable every day carry but seems this isn't so.

If a vendor really wanted to help their customers then perhaps arrange a shipment of replacement bodies from Vandy Vape and keep them on hand so we dont have to wait ages for a fix. But we have seen this now with the Zeus X if I recall, Abyss, Pulse and some other stuff that had issues from the factory and we were left to sort ourselves out.

So what we learnt from this thread is that the material used in the Pulse AIO is sub-par and will crack with a little force. If it does happen and you purchased it from a local vendor then hard lucks you are on your own and have to deal with Vandy Vape and wait for SAPO shipping, should be here by Christmas....I will put my Pulse AIO into the cupboard and leave it there. It is supposed to be a durable every day carry but seems this isn't so.

If a vendor really wanted to help their customers then perhaps arrange a shipment of replacement bodies from Vandy Vape and keep them on hand so we dont have to wait ages for a fix. But we have seen this now with the Zeus X if I recall, Abyss, Pulse and some other stuff that had issues from the factory and we were left to sort ourselves out.
Hopefully Obey Robot will make bodies as well as a upgrade, they are already making panels. It's a tough pill to swallow if you have a cracked Pulse, but atleast there is a solution, even if it takes 6+ moths to arrive, atleast it is still usable while you wait

Hopefully Obey Robot will make bodies as well as a upgrade, they are already making panels. It's a tough pill to swallow if you have a cracked Pulse, but atleast there is a solution, even if it takes 6+ moths to arrive, atleast it is still usable while you wait

But at a huge price if the price of the panels are anything to go by. Don't get me wrong, love what Obey Robot are doing and they make some nice stuff but to spend almost the price of another mod for a body that shouldn't crack is tough.

But at a huge price if the price of the panels are anything to go by. Don't get me wrong, love what Obey Robot are doing and they make some nice stuff but to spend almost the price of another mod for a body that shouldn't crack is tough.
Definitely agree, but if you love the Pulse that is the best solution, if they will make it! I know I will get if they do, will customize the kak out of it!

Back