Question for the coil masters...

If you are still struggling at the time when we are able to have another Cape Town Vape Meet bring it along. There are several "experts" who will be more than willing to help.

You should join us even if the problem is solved. :)

I'd love to! Met Mike yesterday and he already sold me on the vape meets!

I'd be interested in this issue as well. Was looking at the Blotto a coupla days ago but what I didn't like is the screw off/screw on filling cap which will create pressure on the juice when you screw it back on, forcing it into the chamber. Similar to the Griffin (was it? I think) I've always thought that was really bad design, theres nowhere for the juice to go except into the coil chamber. Unless you do turnitupsidedown tricks.
Ive also been experiencing this issue with my blotto. Its now just sitting in my cupboard.
It leaks whenever I fill it the 2nd time so yes the top cap could be the issue.
No matter how I wick it always leaks after refill.
Ive just given up and retired it.

Ive also been experiencing this issue with my blotto. Its now just sitting in my cupboard.
It leaks whenever I fill it the 2nd time so yes the top cap could be the issue.
No matter how I wick it always leaks after refill.
Ive just given up and retired it.
Send us some pictures, don't give up yet... this tank is REALLY good once you get it right.
It holds a lot of liquid (especially with the bubble), so there is quite a bit of pressure from the liquid alone. If there are any little holes where your cotton goes into the wicking ports, the juice will squeeze through there (remember that there can be holes BEHIND the cotton as well). Other than that, it could also be if the cotton is kind of jammed up against the posts, liquid can collect there and run down onto the bottom airflow (I am guessing here).

@YeOldeOke just an update, this tank has no threading on the top cap, so nothing screws down. The cap simply rests on the top of the tank and the turn slides a notch in the middle underneath a notch on the side of the chimney. So it is essentially a spiral version of the slide/snap function on the OBS Engine.

Send us some pictures, don't give up yet... this tank is REALLY good once you get it right.
It holds a lot of liquid (especially with the bubble), so there is quite a bit of pressure from the liquid alone. If there are any little holes where your cotton goes into the wicking ports, the juice will squeeze through there (remember that there can be holes BEHIND the cotton as well). Other than that, it could also be if the cotton is kind of jammed up against the posts, liquid can collect there and run down onto the bottom airflow (I am guessing here).

@YeOldeOke just an update, this tank has no threading on the top cap, so nothing screws down. The cap simply rests on the top of the tank and the turn slides a notch in the middle underneath a notch on the side of the chimney. So it is essentially a spiral version of the slide/snap function on the OBS Engine.

@CJB85 That's interesting, and good news, I'd really like to try that tank for flavour. The OBS is middling/pretty good, it is the combo of that and the ease of filling, building and leak free that I love. If I can get some of that plus more flavour I'd jump at it.

Thanks for that info. In that case it would just be to get the wicking right first.

How does it do with condensation, leaking from the air holes during use?

@CJB85 That's interesting, and good news, I'd really like to try that tank for flavour. The OBS is middling/pretty good, it is the combo of that and the ease of filling, building and leak free that I love. If I can get some of that plus more flavour I'd jump at it.

Thanks for that info. In that case it would just be to get the wicking right first.

How does it do with condensation, leaking from the air holes during use?
If I have a heavy vaping session in the evenings, there is definitely some condensation on the top of the mod (very little) and occasionally a droplet in one or two of the airflow holes. They are gone after the next drag and I am not sure if the very cold weather we have in Pta at the moment contributes to the faster condensation. If you have a tank that knocks things out of the park for you, perhaps you are one of the lucky ones that does not need to try anything else. I have had some decent experiences, but this is the first one that made me go "holy hell" in terms of flavour. I am looking forward to the reload, so that I can compare the two. The blotto is my first dual coil RTA, so I can't really be trusted in terms of "this is better than (insert whatever atty here)". All I can say is this has been better for me than the Gear, Serpent Elevate, Intake Single, Zeus Single, Dvarw (clone)...

I wicked the blotto this weekend carefully, closed the airflow, filled it up, turned it upside down and opened the airflow. After 3 refills it started leaking again lol. I'm pretty sure theres something wrong with my unit. I'll wick it again this week and see.

I thought the same, but just for a minute. I have not been building long and just kept going at it until I got the result. My two go to tanks are the Blotto and the Blitzen for my ADV. I really like the big tanks and not having to change batteries on the Puma's and fill the tank every five minutes. This is why I was determined to get it right. Initially I thought I was wicking too light, but when I used more cotton then I got a very tight draw. What did help me was I got cotton in shoelace form already formed for 3mm ID. So now I am not guessing so much as far as thickness is concerned. I fluff the tails but not the body of the cotton that goes through the coil. The cotton does not touch the bottom of the tank and I bend it back on itself like Jai Haze does. I get a little condensation and at the end of a day I need to wipe the base.

Other than the above the flavour is not only good but I find it very consistent with my DIY juice and I like that. I have not had a dry hit and my coils can be cleaned and be in there for a month or more easily and this is with daily use. I find the cotton does not burn and 25w is my sweet spot and can go weeks before a rewick

Back