Just what we needed on the forum... More Acronyms, LOL.

Looks interesting, I have dabbled in aquariums on a couple of occasions as well, never serious nor successful. Lots of hard work and knowledge required to keep things healthy and alive.

Regards
Yeah I'm lucky as the cories are easy to care for. I was scaping plants for 5 years before a friend forced my hand in fish keeping - these babies came as eggs that I hatched and been raising them for 7 months now.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Ok so something isn't lekker here. Not sure if it's the battery. I noticed something strange - as of tonight, it suddenly acted like it was being charged while I was vaping...

What the battery looks like - the other one doesn't have the "wet" marking on it.

Any ideas why?

470a1e45485ad448b86c0b185b904f92.jpg

Ok so something isn't lekker here. Not sure if it's the battery. I noticed something strange - as of tonight, it suddenly acted like it was being charged while I was vaping...

Any ideas why?

The metal frame of the usb port touching the metal body of the mod? Can happen if you use the port to charge, it bends.

A long shot but saw it happen on a old Ijust (i think) device.

Regards

The metal frame of the usb port touching the metal body of the mod? Can happen if you use the port to charge, it bends.

A long shot but saw it happen on a old Ijust (i think) device.

Regards
Ah good point. I'll have a look at it.

Any chance that the battery has gone bad as it seems to be "wet" underneath the wrap...

Any chance that the battery has gone bad as it seems to be "wet" underneath the wrap...

Only way to tell will be to take the wrap off, my vtc4 had a wet patch and after removing the wrap it just turned out to be juice... F knows how it got there to be honest

That happens, it could be a bit of juice or just the wrap bonding to the can. The whole unit is contained in a metal can which is highly unlikely (read almost impossible) to leak unless seriously abused and punctured.

However, the first rule is if in doubt have a pro check it out and rather replace than be sorry. Your safety is worth more than a couple of hundred bucks.

Regards

There you go. Thanks @Raindance

Had to take the whole thing apart to move the pcb board to get the USB port seated correctly. It came shipped like that - I rarely use the USB and prefer the battery charger.

Before and after pics

d0f048207782c4bef95acfd890e435e8.jpg

8d6198648b10578fe772c20999c43095.jpg

Last edited:
Seems to be OK now. I vaped on the pico for a bit and seriously the Battlestar is much more powerful and even better than the pico. I was like blah this sh!t. Lol.

Still having that charge issue. Maybe something is loose or what, I don't know...

Something else occurred to me. I can't find a firmware update for it... Version 10 is what it says

Ok I popped into a vape shop and two guys tested my batteries which were 100%.

We watched my Battlestar do all sorts of stuff on its own. Have decided to rma it back as I'm starting to think it may be the device itself

Ok I popped into a vape shop and two guys tested my batteries which were 100%.

We watched my Battlestar do all sorts of stuff on its own. Have decided to rma it back as I'm starting to think it may be the device itself

Bummer @RainstormZA ! I know how excited you were about this mod. :(

Yes it was an awesome device... Far much more powerful than the pico I'm currently using...

So sad....

Also this reminds me about the USB port. The shop owner said it was a very tight squeeze - I got it like that so I think the device needs to be send back.

Other symptoms include it switching itself on after we turned it off, the USB charging indicator popping on and off....

So thinking about this DIY thread and the subject of wastage. Surprisingly I have not wasted any with mine.

I didn't like the cappuccino + cream. It came on too strong and made me cough. So today I was forced to remix because I ran out of Mango Cream on Ice and Strawberry Cream on Ice - these two are my own DIY juices.

I added more vg / pg and added black ice to the mix as I miscalculated the nic , coming on too strong for me, tickling my throat which ends up making me cough.

Guess what? Now I have a tasty creamy cappuccino on ice. Like ice coffee flavour. Nice and cool but not icy cold - like a cup of cold coffee...

Edit: let's correct this. I've wasted a few mls through accidental spillage due to my own stupidity - knocking stuff over or forgetting to screw the drip tip cap on...

Last edited:
Ok got my goodies.

Man, I got the new flavour mix smelling and tasting like Top Deck Mint...

Yummy!!!

15321fdd1ac8afdc0b41af6d6344effe.jpg

1c5af4a9fa94a8c95b4415afb4b7563b.jpg

Just a bunch.. you use a lot of sweet cream? :D
Lol not really. By the time I realised my mistake, it was too late to fix it. I thought I was ordering 10ml but actually was 30ml. I'll use it anyway.

Since I have quite a bit of double chocolate left, I think I'll test it with the cappuccino and add cream to it too...

Ok after a couple of vapes, I am actually impressed with this Top Deck mint flavour... It's one of my favourite chocolates.

Also the nicotine is quite smooth - took me getting used to having a little more than what I was used to but it's great.

Bummer @RainstormZA ! I know how excited you were about this mod. :(

Tried to email Vapeking to try and RMA it. Not one answer to my email... I've read the reviews on their website citing terrible customer service. My mom has had to phone for me as I am deaf and I can't use the phone myself. This is so frustrating - specially a company that doesn't reply to your emails. I once inquired about a product - NOT ONE PEEP from them at all. Delivery is great and always on time but damn the customer service sucks donkey balls.

Tried to email Vapeking to try and RMA it. Not one answer to my email... I've read the reviews on their website citing terrible customer service. My mom has had to phone for me as I am deaf and I can't use the phone myself. This is so frustrating - specially a company that doesn't reply to your emails. I once inquired about a product - NOT ONE PEEP from them at all. Delivery is great and always on time but damn the customer service sucks donkey balls.
Send a PM to @Gizmo or @Stroodlepuff , I'm sure they'll get back to you!

Yeah, I've pretty much abandoned emailing companies :rolleyes::-D

Thanks to @Stroodlepuff, I'm starting the rma process of sending the device back.

Apparently they have a manufacturer's warranty of 90 days and if it is indeed faulty, I will either get a replacement or a refund...

Now I'm thinking. I wonder if someone has a broken pico like mine lying around, I'll buy it for spares. All I need is a torx screwdriver as the pico has torx screws in its body.

Ok after a couple of vapes, I am actually impressed with this Top Deck mint flavour... It's one of my favourite chocolates.

Also the nicotine is quite smooth - took me getting used to having a little more than what I was used to but it's great.

Now lets correct this. It's tasting more and more like Peppermint Crisp, which I love sooooo much. I"m really impressed with the flavour mix.

Back