Rayon Cellucotton Wicking Tutorial And Review

collected mine from @HPBotha yesterday afternoon (thanks again buddy)

cleaned out and wicked it after work

now bare in mind that once this was done, im only able to vape it after 6pm.

seemed to soak up the juice quite nicely, but then, all wicked up i closed everything, filled her up, fired a few times then the cana read, check atomizer

i built this coil the other day, and was working perfectly up until this point.

so i opened everything again, checked, concluded the there was a short somewhere.

anyways, time is running out, i pull out the 30g and wrap a coil, came to 1.8Ω :eek:

wicked again with cellucotton, fired a few times, all was well.

come 6pm, i couldnt wait to taste it.

at 1.8Ω i was surprised at the taste coming through, and actually enjoyed it.

i vaped on this coil till about 9pm, and realized this Ω are not for me.

pull out the 26g , wrap the coil, came to 0.9Ω now we talking!

at this point, my wife was started to moan coz it was bedtime for the kids, and i had to make a call- old faithful cotton or new cellucotton.

i went with the cotton purely because if anything had to go wrong i wouldnt be able to vape until the kids were asleep (then only would i be able to rebuild)

once it was wicked up it was vaping so darn well i didnt bother rewicking with the cellucotton again.

i will probably use it in a day or two though

Ok got my first bit on my Reo, I can see that there is a bit too much rayon wick. However it has not affected the draw. I'm vaping Level 1 Elixir, getting way more of the fruit taste, a purer flavour. Will comment again tomorrow.
Edit ... I am also never getting that slight burnt aftertaste that I would get with cotton. :D

2014-07-16 15.45.48.jpg

Last edited:
Ok have Rayon on my Russian 91% at 1.3 ohms. I am vaping my own DIY Vanilla Custard and I am noticing a huge flavour improvement from the start. Been vaping nearly an hour and it keeps getting better. I am sorry cotton I want a divorce right now!

Ok have Rayon on my Russian 91% at 1.3 ohms. I am vaping my own DIY Vanilla Custard and I am noticing a huge flavour improvement from the start. Been vaping nearly an hour and it keeps getting better. I am sorry cotton I want a divorce right now!

Try ekowool in that Russian. You will love me long time for the suggestion ;)

I need to order this now. I tried ekowool. I wasn't impressed. Doesn't wick that fast or give a nice throat hit.

Dude ... I am collecting my fist order of Ekowool today. However I say again Rayon knock the socks off cotton! :D

Cool figure 8 with 5-6 wraps of 26g in ugly coil config and you will be happy happy

I need to order this now. I tried ekowool. I wasn't impressed. Doesn't wick that fast or give a nice throat hit.

I thought that too once upon a time then I revisited. I do not use anything else in my tank atomizers now. Cleanest flavour and not a dry hit in site. Its all about how its setup. Wicks must not touch the deck

Cool figure 8 with 5-6 wraps of 26g in ugly coil config and you will be happy happy

I thought that too once upon a time then I revisited. I do not use anything else in my tank atomizers now. Cleanest flavour and not a dry hit in site. Its all about how its setup. Wicks must not touch the deck
Have asked the coilmaster aka @Gazzacpt to help me with first Ekowool build! :D

Well I am about to order this, doesn't anybody want to go in with me from JHB area?

if you sent me a email i should have sent it on wednesday. just mail me again and i'll double check my mailing list.
Great I just sent you another mail now. Hopefully I'm getting the right email address

i sent samples to one of your stores already!

Mr @HPBotha baie dankie maneer! :)

This stuff is just as amazing as you said! Enjoyable experience's since yesterday :)
Seem's to wick like a beast :) used a very loose fit through the coil, just teased a rough 1mm tuft out(had to cut with scissors, this stuff is pretty tough). 1.5mm micro coil and YUM :) Whirling again on custard vanilla creamy notes :D

Thanks again dude :) You are a Legend! :)

*Whirling's strong cinnamon has now also dissipated for me, only dripped it 3 or 4 times since getting it. will see if its a fresh bottle thing on next buy ;)

Well I am about to order this, doesn't anybody want to go in with me from JHB area?

Don't order. I have a box on the way... I can send you half a box :)
The only taste buds I trust are my own. No offense to the guys that have tried it, but I've seen and tried waaaaaay to much "Jesus Wick" that never gave me any salvation regardless of how much it got raved about. After all that, turned out silica was still the number one. :giggle:

I'm pretty sure Rayon is what use to be stuffed in carto's like the Giantomizer (anyone remember those?)
I'm not hope full, but fully open to be blown away.

This is a touchy subject for me as you have no idea what I went through to get hold of aquarium foam and pyramid teabags :D

Last edited:
Don't order. I have a box on the way... I can send you half a box :)
The only taste buds I trust are my own. No offense to the guys that have tried it, but I've seen and tried waaaaaay to much "Jesus Wick" that never gave me any salvation regardless of how much it got raved about. After all that, turned out silica was still the number one. :giggle:

I'm pretty sure Rayon is what use to be stuffed in carto's like the Giantomizer (anyone remember those?)
I'm not hope full, but fully open to be blown away.

This is a touchy subject for me as you have no idea what I went through to get hold of aquarium foam and pyramid teabags :D

I wager that the Rayon is at least better than the teabags and foam, as far as taste goes. :D But as far as a wicking material, it's freakin awesome. I use a minuscule amount in the RM2 and it wicks like crazy. I would be interested in hearing your expert views with regards the taste. :)

everyones taste buds are different though, figure if people liked cotton before, rayon would be awesome for them, for the other 5 okes that don't like cotton, ah well :p

I would be interested in hearing your expert views with regards the taste. :)

Hardly.
I've really tried so much stuff that gets glorified and I can't help but stand there and wonder to myself what the hell this guy presenting it to me must be thinking. Fine to each his own and all that but seriously, sometimes I'm completely baffled.

I'm expecting this stuff to wick super lightning fast.
What I'm hoping for is that I get the same succulence (that sounds so dirty). I don't like that dry hollow vape with muted tones. PLEASE, VAPE LORDS HEAR ME! GIVE ME SUPER FAST WICKING, WITH JUICY WET VAPOR!

I want to be hitting 0.2 ohm builds in a kayfun, in my Orion/Dropped Nano configuration with 0 compromise. When that day comes, I'll eat some socks!

Hardly.
I've really tried so much stuff that gets glorified and I can't help but stand there and wonder to myself what the hell this guy presenting it me must be thinking. Fine to each his own and all that but seriously, sometimes I'm completely baffled.

I'm expecting this stuff to wick super lightning fast.
What I'm hoping for is that I get the same succulence (that sounds so dirty). I don't like that dry hollow vape with muted tones. PLEASE, VAPE LORDS HEAR ME! GIVE ME SUPER FAST WICKING, WITH JUICY WET VAPOR!

I want to be hitting 0.2 ohm builds in a kayfun, in my Orion/Dropped Nano configuration with 0 compromise. When that day comes, I'll eat some socks!

Actually I reckon they do make some socks with Rayon, so that might work :lol:

Oh, please let rayon be the answer for Revn. I really want to see him eat socks.

Would you say Rayon strands are thicker than cotton? I heard they're all supposed to be running in the same direction. Like more parallel to each other than cotton. Would you say cotton has better filtering properties than Rayon?

Back