RBA spitting hot joos into my mouth

Casper

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Why did this happen? Did I wick it incorrectly? I have wicked it allot of times before, but this has never happened to me.

Thanks you guys!

Just for clarity sake, @Casper is using an Evic VTC with a Subox tank, at 18W and 1.06Ohm. I also took a hit on his device on Sunday and also got a spit of boiling joose on my tongue. Verrrrrrry K@K!!!

Can you post a pick of the build?

A slew of things can cause this.
I got spitting when putting compact coils into a subtank.
And also from spaced coils in an RDA.

Check the wick

I used to get that with spaced coils in my subtank rba
i agree i also got spitback from spaced coils in the rba also check that the cotton sort of covers the juice holes on the sides if there is not enough cotton it floods the rba and boils the juice causing spitback

i agree i also got spitback from spaced coils in the rba also check that the cotton sort of covers the juice holes on the sides if there is not enough cotton it floods the rba and boils the juice causing spitback

I haven't had the issue of spitback on spaced coils on any of my tanks yet, but the wicking is very important.
A photo will help a lot here, if you can take one with the chimney in place but with the top cover unscrewed please?

Damn. I've done it 4 times already. Let me try once again

Attachments

• IMG-20151202-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20151202-WA0000.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 58
That looks ok to me, I use a little more wick at the edges covering the holes (but I may be overwicking). how high is the coil from the air hole ?

That looks like it is re wicked... Does it still spit?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

@Nimatek, it is about 0.3mm from the air hole. @argief, yes it does, and to be blatantly honest, it is very, very annoying.

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

That is fine height wise if I remember correctly.

What air hole size are you using on the selector?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

@Nimatek Do you still have that photo you took of mine? Cos its blowing clouds like a dream

@Nimatek I'm using maximum size air hole. @Eequinox Im at 18 to 20watt (4.37V and 4.1A) on 1Ohm coil with 12Mg Nic

@argief lololololololololololololo what bothers me, this never happened to me before. Why now? I have most probably wicked it about 50 times before

Coil is too big and you need more wattage to cleanly vaporize juice on a coil that size, also too much coil and cotton stuffed into the chimney can cause trapped air to pull hot liquid up the chimney.

I've been using 3mm coils all along

I honestly have only had spitting issues with the subtank RBA when I used contact coils.
Wicking did not save me here.

Spaced coils with tight wicking got me punching 30W on that tiny tank with no dry hits or spit back.
Every set of contact coils burnt me like my first love.

Just my opinion. I do like 2.5mm over 3mm personally.

im doing 2mm 28 gauge 7-8 wraps but using my dripper will try that in my rba later

Back