RDA Advice

If you're only going to drip I'd avoid the recurve - I squonk and I still sold mine because it required too much work to keep liquided up!

If you prefer more airflow the drop is a great performer, especially for sweeter juices. The drop solo does a good job too. I love my wasp and long got over its quirks. But its juice well is also on the small side. I haven't tried the nudge, but have heard good things about it.

I have a Dead Rabbit SQ that I have yet to try - it is there in the drawer but I have not yet tried it so I cannot give an opinion on it.
What I can say is that I really like the Wasp. I have not used my RTAs since I got the Wasp.
My Wasp is the RDTA but I like the driptip/cap. I also think it looks good with my Pico.
ccec722a-f590-4e81-8293-1182c979ae60.jpg

I saw Anthony Vapes did a review on the C4 last night... Looks pretty good, so might go that direction.

Hi Guys

I recently developed an itch for dripping... I've been building on RTA's for a while now, but feel that I am missing out on the RDA's...

Any suggestions on what to get? I read up a bit and spoke to the guys at my local Vape Shop and they recommend the Drop Solo, which doesn't look like a bad option.

I read some reviews and looks like the Nudge 22 might be a good option as well? I am specifically looking for a single coil RDA for dripping and not squonking.

Thanks in advance!
honestly I own over 50 rta's and about 30 drippers...
IMO you are not missing out on anyting beside burnt lips lol.
You might get better flavour from a dripper but you can get far greater flavour from a single coil rta and the addition of a cool tank due to the juice surrounding the deck.
Also you can get the dense cloud production from the way you build...so it depends what you are into... because my first 4 rebuildables were all drippers butthe rtas sold me.

My first RDA (about 2 - 3 months ago) was the Vandy Vape Phobia(comes with normal 510 pin to be used as dripper). It's a dual coil RDA and I was using it on my Pulse 80W. Has decent flavour once you get the wicking just right. I wanted to try out a single coil RDA as well, so did some research and asked around. A lot of people recommended the Recurve (aslo comes with normal 510 pin to be used as dripper), so I took the plunge and bought one. MAN OH MAN!!!! I have not once regretted my decision to get the Recurve. A LOT of people recommend the Recurve.... for good reason. It is an absolute flavour beast and is SUPER simple to wick and coil! If you decide to get one, you will NOT be disappointed!

You might get better flavour from a dripper but you can get far greater flavour from a single coil rta and the addition of a cool tank due to the juice surrounding the deck.
Also you can get the dense cloud production from the way you build...so it depends what you are into... because my first 4 rebuildables were all drippers butthe rtas sold me.
I'm not so much after the clouds, I want the flavour... I'll still use my RTA's mainly, just want the RDA for evenings in front of the TV...

As awesome as the Recurve is, I am sure most if not all agree that using it as a dripper simply will not fly as there is no well. Even using it for squonking will keep your hands busy. I mean, look at my finger!

Finger_15c3c5_180057.jpeg

My first RDA (about 2 - 3 months ago) was the Vandy Vape Phobia(comes with normal 510 pin to be used as dripper). It's a dual coil RDA and I was using it on my Pulse 80W. Has decent flavour once you get the wicking just right. I wanted to try out a single coil RDA as well, so did some research and asked around. A lot of people recommended the Recurve (aslo comes with normal 510 pin to be used as dripper), so I took the plunge and bought one. MAN OH MAN!!!! I have not once regretted my decision to get the Recurve. A LOT of people recommend the Recurve.... for good reason. It is an absolute flavour beast and is SUPER simple to wick and coil! If you decide to get one, you will NOT be disappointed!
The Recurve was basically at the top of my list, but it is far more suited for squonking... Hence I'm looking into the C4 now.

I hear it is very easy to build on and you can drip without removing the cap...

I'm not so much after the clouds, I want the flavour... I'll still use my RTA's mainly, just want the RDA for evenings in front of the TV...
That is exactly where I used it... Then I suggest there Guillotine V2 because you get a huge build deck. Top or bottom airflows an and awesome vape

True but the reason why I prefer drippers is that RTA glasses are too brittle around me and I end up having to scour around for replacement glasses;(

True but the reason why I prefer drippers is that RTA glasses are too brittle around me and I end up having to scour around for replacement glasses;(
In that sence, yes i agree...You need to be alot more careful with rtas

@Smittie Check out @KZOR 's YouTube channel and consider his suggestions. If @KZOR says something is good, it always is. I've never been disappointed with his suggestions.

I will give the C4 a +1
I agree on that one... But remember if someone is already only using RDA's, then there view will be slightly biased unknowingly.
It the way the brain works unfortunately at @daniel craig.
NOTHING AGAINST KZOR SO DO NOT TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY.

I agree on that one... But remember if someone is already only using RDA's, then there view will be slightly biased unknowingly.
Off topic, which single coil RTA you rate the highest?

I don't think it's biased since the thread is titled RDA Advice but yes, I do think @Smittie should consider all possible options. I use menthols so single coil RTA's is the way but when it comes to bakery and desserts, I prefer my RDA's since flavor is better (for me), it's easier to work with and because I like sweet stuff so daily rewicking is needed and I find it much faster and more convenient to rewick an RDA than to rewick a RTA.

Last edited:

I don't think it's biased since the thread is titled RDA Advice but yes, I do think @Smittie should consider all possible options. I use menthols so single coil RTA's is the way but when it comes to bakery and desserts, I prefer my RDA's since flavor is better (for me), it's easier to work with and because I like sweet stuff so daily rewicking is needed and I find it much faster and more convenient to rewick an RDA than to rewick a RTA.
I totally agree with you on that one.
My best single has to be the Wasp Nano and currently i am really digging the Gasmods Nixon V1.5 BF RDTA which I use with my Luxotib bf....
I actually think that in terms of flavour than the Nixon but in terms of both vapor production and flavour, than the Wasp Nano takes the win.
The Dead Rabbit SQ and Nudge 22 is over rated imo, and is only hyped up because of the amount of reviewers who reviewed it.
the C4 is too similar to the Hadaly RDA imo...Although more reasonably prices.

I currently use only RTA's and this will be my first dripper... I'm using a Zeus single coil and the Crius 2 single coil. The Crius 2 is an excellent RTA, very under rated.

Thanks, I'll have a look at KZOR's channel.

I totally agree with you on that one.
My best single has to be the Wasp Nano and currently i am really digging the Gasmods Nixon V1.5 BF RDTA which I use with my Luxotib bf....
I actually think that in terms of flavour than the Nixon but in terms of both vapor production and flavour, than the Wasp Nano takes the win.
The Dead Rabbit SQ and Nudge 22 is over rated imo, and is only hyped up because of the amount of reviewers who reviewed it.
the C4 is too similar to the Hadaly RDA imo...Although more reasonably prices.
But the C4 being close to the Hadaly should be a + for me, should it not? I have heard many great things about the Hadaly... :D

No true at all, just generalization. I use both and certain flavour profiles work differently in rda/rtas. 22mm Single coil rdas do give better flavour in general but again not on all flavour profiles.

But again all the flavour depends on you build, i find that rdas in general are more forgiving on a non perfect build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the funniest thing happened today... Went to my local vape shop to get the C4 and against everyone's advice on what to get, I walked out with the Drop Dead RDA...o_O Funny how that happens. Everything just looked and felt right about it.

Looked at the Dead Rabbit SQ, but didn't like the silver and that was the only one in stock.

Going to try out this one tonight. Hope it doesn't disappoint, but the reviews look good...

So the funniest thing happened today... Went to my local vape shop to get the C4 and against everyone's advice on what to get, I walked out with the Drop Dead RDA...o_O Funny how that happens. Everything just looked and felt right about it.

Looked at the Dead Rabbit SQ, but didn't like the silver and that was the only one in stock.

Going to try out this one tonight. Hope it doesn't disappoint, but the reviews look good...
I'm sure you'll be happy. If not, I have a big dustbin you can use

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Bonza
Dead Rabbit
Drop
Drop Dead

One of those 4 easily take the cake

Hi. @Smittie

Its great to try out RDAs and dripping, i like them for the evenings and its nice to sometimes drip two different juices and see what happens. Also i like it how most RDAs are quite easy to rewick.

I am not experienced in RDAs though and have only tried a few over the years.
At the moment i am getting great flavour from my Petri v2 RDA and from my Hadaly
Not big air devices, they are restricted lung - but they produce marvellous flavour for me!

Back