Real Whiskey as additive in liquid

Used my Pico squeeze. Freshly dry burnt and wicked.

Placed my self so any instinctive twitches would propel the device off the balcony.

Drenched the wick, hit the fire button and...

Had to interrupt proceedings to put in a fresh battery.

Fully empowered, I stepped outside and... Not much really. If you are going to mix with JD I would recommend 1% to a googled max of 2%. I don't think the addition of PG in this test mix would have mattered.

The main flavour I got was the delightful sweetness of the glycerine with the faintest feasting hint of whiskey. I also occasionally got the alcohol feeling in my mouth, you know the pleasant antiseptic background of good spirits.

Will definitely try again with a higher percentage. Would be interesting to do a breathalyzer after a good vape session of this concoction.

Another thing I remember reading ages ago was a method to reduce the spirit to get rid of the alcohol and develop a more concentrated flavour. Will have to research when I have access to fixed line internet again.

@craigb thanx for taking one for the team bud. I wonder if you boil it to get most of the alcohol out if you will get a kind of concentrated flavor. It's google time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@craigb thanx for taking one for the team bud. I wonder if you boil it to get most of the alcohol out if you will get a kind of concentrated flavor. It's google time.

I think doing a low and slow boil, perhaps with some PG, might do the trick. This might result in a high concentration of sugars though making a coil clogger.

I think doing a low and slow boil, perhaps with some PG, might do the trick. This might result in a high concentration of sugars though making a coil clogger.

Yeah, maybe just buy the concentrates from FA and TFA to avoid a caramelized coil

Sounds like a good idea, but I would rather have a good tobacco vape and then chase it with a shot of whisky. :oops:

Sounds like a good idea, but I would rather have a good tobacco vape and then chase it with a shot of whisky. :oops:

Wow, that alcoholic vape must've given my eyes an echo :--P

But yeah, I reckon for the amount of effort it would take to do it properly, your way is better

This was a very interesting read, well done @craigb for taking the plunge.

I actually want to try this for dom pedro's, would he great to get the alcohol mouth feel with a good whisky and vanilla bean ice cream flavour

I have always wanted to add real whisky or vodka to my juice. I also wanted to put TFA Honey in VG and spread it on my toast. And then I thought of lining the inside of my tank with Prestik to make that Play-Doh flavour of Cap Glazed Doughnut really pop. But then I decided I didn't want to be that guy. :p Big ups to @craigb for being that guy. New avatar too, your street cred stocks have soared. :campeon:

Sorry @gdigitel, I am not wanting to derail the discussion, just having some lolz over a glass of red. :borra2:

@Bunnypoison I'm probably going to experiment a bit more, but I just don't think adding actual booze to our juice is going to work out too well. Rather maybe try experiment with some of the boozy concentrates.

@RichJB that TFA honey with VG idea is giving me some breakfast ideas. :ANGEL:

TFA Honey is pretty ghastly in juice, it can't possibly be worse on toast.
*nom nom nom*
Let me rephrase...

You might want to cook it down to get it more "concentrated".

But then that would cook away the alcohol. It would certainly bring the flavour out... like you would reduce wine when cooking with it.

Most if not all the things we vape weren't designed for vaping. Most of our concentrates for DIY are food flavorings, VG and PG have strong backgrounds in medicine, food and industry.

I'm sure I've seen a DIY recipe calling for Jack Daniels before.

If anything, I'm inclined to think the whisk(e)y may lead to extra coil gunking.

Maybe @Spydro has some input?

Oh @Stosta , the last time I did a vape experiment 'for science' it was to make my own coffee addiditve, even put me off drinking coffee for a couple of months.

I make my own coffee/tea extracts from my favorite coffees/teas all the time, and they are always way better than any store bought premade joose or flavor concentrates. I have also made some from favored alcoholic beverages, spices and plants. But I won't take the responsibility for other folks when it comes to home made extracts or recipes. I did the research, trial and error myself to find which extraction methods work best for me for each source. If anyone else wants to try flavor extraction they need to do the same and make your own decisions. The info is out there if you go look for it.

Back