Paulie

Flavour master
VIP
LV

Awards
RegTown :

IMG_20150107_170615_zps0c409ea5.jpg

Hey all.

So i thought since we have a large amount of members here on the forum who own 50+ watt regulated devices (plenty moving onto 100+) it would be really great to have a thread where we can post pics and share information of all your high powered regulated box mods on the following topics below:
  • Type of devices (off the shelf, custom made or modified)
  • Types of motherboards (Yihi, Evolve or Mosfet)
  • Designs (manufacturing or customizing)
  • Battery's (Dual or Single)
  • Pictures of your mods (Standard or custom jobs)
  • Types of Attys and builds (Drippers, tanks and cloud blowing or flavour coil builds in them)
  • Airflow~~
  • Cloud blowing and nicotine usage levels as well as mouth to lung vs Lung hits explained.

I have included some information and some videos on the basics also on regulated box mods for beginners to learn all about them:

CCIRBM120-2_zpsc8f58820.jpg

What’s a Regulated Mod?
Regulated mods are mods that offer protection from damaging your mod, these mods focus on battery safety. These mods are usually box mods such as the cloupor dna, Sigelei, IPV. These mods will regulate how low you can sub-ohms and also monitor power and voltage going to your atty.

IPV3_zpsfd34bada.png

How to blow Safe clouds all day

There so much more information i will add soon based on the topics above as i have moved into a new style of Vaping/ coil building and also believe that there are still lots of questions to be answered on the above topics including one that we all think: Why would i every vape over 50 watts?

Last edited:
Awesome thread @paulph201.

Would be epic if admin could allow us to have a dedicated sub forum for this sort of thing.
We could break it down into dedicated threads for all the different layouts.
There are so many different configurations and options to be limited to a single thread.

Looking forward to contributing to the thread and hopefully sub forum.

Awesome thread @paulph201.

Would be epic if admin could allow us to have a dedicated sub forum for this sort of thing.
We could break it down into dedicated threads for all the different layouts.
There are so many different configurations and options to be limited to a single thread.

Looking forward to contributing to the thread and hopefully sub forum.

Yes, Im with you on this but there are quite a few threads on regulated mods already but i think if this thread gets busy maby we can justify having our own section :p

Sweet. Sounds like a plan. We just need the cloud blowers to start chiming in as well.

Let's start off.

What sort of build you running?

At the moment I am using triple twisted 26g on a 2mm ID.

The Flavour is fantastic and can handle high power without any heat build up.
Have pushed it to 100w and it can handle it without skipping a beat.

Sweet. Sounds like a plan. We just need the cloud blowers to start chiming in as well.

Let's start off.

What sort of build you running?

At the moment I am using triple twisted 26g on a 2mm ID.

The Flavour is fantastic and can handle high power without any heat build up.
Have pushed it to 100w and it can handle it without skipping a beat.
Awsome stuff man!

Post pics of your build and hardware when you get some time its really impressive and i know people can learn from it cause she vapes like a dream.

Awsome stuff man!

Post pics of your build and hardware when you get some time its really impressive and i know people can learn from it cause she vapes like a dream.

Cool. I'll take some photos when I clean and rewick it again.

@paulph201 , that 150W Sig looks great!
How do you like it?
Let us know!

Maybe some of you high power regulated experts can explain why you would want to vape at say 100W?
Is it just to produce more clouds?
Or is it that you can have a lot of metal in your coil and just get much more flavour out of each vape you take?

Then I also want to understand how much juice you go through at these sort of wattages and where is the "happy medium". Ie, enough flavour but also good juice consumption

Maybe some of you high power regulated experts can explain why you would want to vape at say 100W?
Or is it that you can have a lot of metal in your coil and just get much more flavour out of each vape you take?

Then I also want to understand how much juice you go through at these sort of wattages and where is the "happy medium". Ie, enough flavour but also good juice consumption
These are all really good questions and i will try answer from my own experience so far but i really hope other members on here jump in and answer so we can all understand it!

One thing for sure is you defiantly go through alot more juice lol

These are all really good questions and i will try answer from my own experience so far but i really hope other members on here jump in and answer so we can all understand it!

One thing for sure is you defiantly go through alot more juice lol

Lol, it helps if you import juice in your business ;-)

yes and no to my margins cause i vape it all lol

I suppose those little 15ml Hurricane Vapor bottles are not Sigelei 150W friendly?
Lol

The primary reason would be for the clouds. Well that's my opinion on why I go at 100w.
Although it's not all the time. I'm mostly between 60 and 80. Depending on what juice I'm dripping.

But at the same time the Flavour production is intense! I'm a big fan of lung hits and personally don't see much enjoyment anymore on mouth to lung.
Even on my little EGrip I lung hit. (airflow completely open at all times).

Juice consumption is definitely a lot higher. Especially when hitting max wattage that my Sigeili can do.
At lower wattage (60 - 80) I've noticed a very close similarty to my Reo on consumption of liquid. This would be at a fully charged battery, which again makes sense as its close on the same power.

The nice thing with the dripping on a Regulated is the ability to change the power and Flavour on the fly. The con is having to have a juice bottle on hand drip ever so often.
This isn't my ADV. It's something to use when I'm sitting chilling out and not busy with anything that requires concentration.

The primary reason would be for the clouds. Well that's my opinion on why I go at 100w.
Although it's not all the time. I'm mostly between 60 and 80. Depending on what juice I'm dripping.

But at the same time the Flavour production is intense! I'm a big fan of lung hits and personally don't see much enjoyment anymore on mouth to lung.

Juice consumption is definitely a lot higher. Especially when hitting max wattage that my Sigeili can do.
At lower wattage (60 - 80) I've noticed a very close similarty to my Reo on consumption of liquid. This would be at a fully charged battery, which again makes sense as its close on the same power.

The nice thing with the dripping on a Regulated is the ability to change the power and Flavour on the fly. The con is having to have a juice bottle on hand drip ever so often.
This isn't my ADV. It's something to use when I'm sitting chilling out and not busy with anything that requires concentration.
Well explained man!

Thanks @MurderDoll

While blowing big clouds is nice on occasion I am more interested in being able to to change the power on the fly to see what happens to the juice flavour.

I got the Smok M50 for that but am wondering if the extra range from 50 to 100W offered by say the Sigelei 100W is necessary to observe the full flavour spectrum of the juice? Or is that higher part mainly for the cloud bit?

Another thing which intrigues me is that say for example I build a 0.5 ohm single coil on my Reo (approx 32Watts). And say that is the best power for my taste on a particular juice

Now lets say I build a 1 ohm coil on a regulated and vape it at 32Watts, will it taste the same?

Or would one have to fire the 1 ohm coil at higher Wattage than 32W on the regulated to get the same experience as the 0.5 on the Reo.

I hope to do these tests when i get the chance but I would need to run the same atties and use the same wicking material.

I was playing around with a Sig 100watt and a KT subtank today while helping my cus with his new setup. It was interesting to move the wattage around with 12mg juice. Very impressed with the build quality of the Sigelei.

Thanks @MurderDoll

While blowing big clouds is nice on occasion I am more interested in being able to to change the power on the fly to see what happens to the juice flavour.

I got the Smok M50 for that but am wondering if the extra range from 50 to 100W offered by say the Sigelei 100W is necessary to observe the full flavour spectrum of the juice? Or is that higher part mainly for the cloud bit?

Another thing which intrigues me is that say for example I build a 0.5 ohm single coil on my Reo (approx 32Watts). And say that is the best power for my taste on a particular juice

Now lets say I build a 1 ohm coil on a regulated and vape it at 32Watts, will it taste the same?

Or would one have to fire the 1 ohm coil at higher Wattage than 32W on the regulated to get the same experience as the 0.5 on the Reo.

I hope to do these tests when i get the chance but I would need to run the same atties and use the same wicking material.

I might be completely mistaken here as I haven't done any tests on that theory.

But if you build a 1 ohm coil. You either going to use too much kanthal to get your resistance up to 1 ohm (if you use something like 24g) which won't fit into the atty without shorting against the top cap.
Or if you build with say 28g, you will be pushing too ouch power through the kanthal which will burn it up and cause the liquid to ignite / damage the coil.
I assume this is also why people go for a lower Resistance coil to be able to handle the higher power that is being pushed through the coils.

I might be completely mistaken here as I haven't done any tests on that theory.

But if you build a 1 ohm coil. You either going to use too much kanthal to get your resistance up to 1 ohm (if you use something like 24g) which won't fit into the atty without shorting against the top cap.
Or if you build with say 28g, you will be pushing too ouch power through the kanthal which will burn it up and cause the liquid to ignite / damage the coil.
I assume this is also why people go for a lower Resistance coil to be able to handle the higher power that is being pushed through the coils.

Yes in a nutshell after some reading on my side and doing some tests .

- doing a 1 ohm on a unregulated device = 1 wattage to use only
- doing a 1 ohm on a regulated device = Any wattage depending on your devices wattage capabilities
- ohms dont mater on regulated device as long as you build within the device capabilities.
- if pushing 40+ watts its important to use thicker wire and a bigger diameter id based on ramp up time and coil saturation and wick surface area in the atty.

There is alot to discuss on this but i can say this so far:

I have a 0.2 build on my 100+ reg device
I use thick wire and diameter id and also alot more wick so i get more surface area of vaporisation and cause of the ramp up time being so quick on a regulated device its a really good vape!

From what i have tested is if you going to be pushing 40+ regulated watts though to a atty then its 100% better to use a thicker wire and diameter build!

What ohm should you use? while since the regulated mod can push the power to any resistance coil then i dont think it matters but the more wraps will also give more surface area on the wick so it would probably be better but like greg said it depends on what can fit in the attty.

a suggestion .....why dont we open a reg town for 50 w abowe and 50 w below .....a lot of us are not interested in high wattages but like regulates anyway . what u guys think ?

a suggestion .....why dont we open a reg town for 50 w abowe and 50 w below .....a lot of us are not interested in high wattages but like regulates anyway . what u guys think ?

I ask the mods if we could start a new structure and do separate sections and was asked to post in either of the 2 current sections and based on what we talking about it made sense to post in the higher wattages section. but yes that would make more sense.

I ask the mods if we could start a new structure and do separate sections and was asked to post in either of the 2 current sections and based on what we talking about it made sense to post in the higher wattages section. but yes that would make more sense.
ok cool

Thanks for the feedback @paulph201 and @MurderDoll

So it seems the higher power vaping (say 50 Watts and above) is more suited to thicker wire and bigger diameter coils as well as lower resistance coils.

Good point that one shouldnt think you can just make a standard 7 wrap 1 ohm coil with 28g and push 80 Watts through it as nicely as 20 watts. It will probably just burn up or not have enough surface area or juice at high power.

This high watts business scares me.

I recently bought a Trident to give lung-hitting a good go. Ive sucked a 30ml bottle dry in 5 days. And that's only at 20-25 watts on a single coil!

Back