Reo battery advice

Philip

Reonaut
LV

Awards
I am using Efest IRB18490 3.7v Li MN 1100mah
normal coil is around 1 ohm and battery doesnt last more than half hour any idea why?

Your amp hours are low. I go quite a few hours with my 2500mah efests at .28 ohms. What is the amp rating of the battery. At what amps can it continuously discharge?

I am using Efest IRB18490 3.7v Li MN 1
How would I know this?
http://www.steam-engine.org/batt.asp?b=Efest_IMR_18490&mah=1100&c=8

I am not too technical what does this all mean?

Your 'mah' rating is basically how long your battery will last and these batteries have a low rating. this is why your efest 18490 batteries last for such a short period using the 1ohm coil. if you build a higher ohm coil you can get more life span out of the battery.

Sorry, I didn't see that it's an 18490. My bad. Of those batteries I know nothing. I use 18650's in my Reo Grand.

Or get a better battery right? any suggestions?

That could work :-D I dont use those size batteries so dont know much about them. If I were you, I'd go 18650 and live a happy life :-D
For what mod are you using this battery on bud?

So the only option is the 18500 or the 18490. The 18490 flat tops have a slight wiggle in the bay but nothing major.

Those batteries on a dual 0.5ohm coil give me about 3hours of usage

Correct me here guys, but wouldn't a lower resistance require less power for the battery to fire (assume the risks of subohm on that battery is taken into consideration )

But wouldn't a 0.8ohm use less power that a 1ohm ?

So the only option is the 18500 or the 18490. The 18490 flat tops have a slight wiggle in the bay but nothing major.

Correct me here guys, but wouldn't a lower resistance require less power for the battery to fire (assume the risks of subohm on that battery is taken into consideration )

The lower the resistance the more power you use.

That's for that !

So what should I be aiming for on a dual coil with the Odin on the reo mini ?
Presuming you are using the 15A Efest I mentioned above, your 0.5 ohm duals on the Odin seems perfectly safe for me. You are only drawing 8.4A on full charge. And vaping at 35W.

The way i get it ..

In a 0.8ohm coil the friction (or what ever generate the heat) is less so you need a lot of power to rub harder and faster to get the heat up.

In the 1ohm coil the friction is more so a little power is needed to get the friction to get the heat you want.

Does that make sense?

I am using Efest IRB18490 3.7v Li MN 1100mah
normal coil is around 1 ohm and battery doesnt last more than half hour any idea why?

Seems almost like your thread might have derailed a bit...

So: Those shorter batteries dont have much in the way of "storage" in them, but your half-an-hour indication says to me that your battery is simply worn out. They don't last forever, and eventually need to be retired.
Replace with new battery and all should be well again.

As for what battery? As long as you don't plan on any significant changes to your coil resistance, you can use just about any battery out there safely.
The Efest brand you are already using is fine.

Seems almost like your thread might have derailed a bit...

So: Those shorter batteries dont have much in the way of "storage" in them, but your half-an-hour indication says to me that your battery is simply worn out. They don't last forever, and eventually need to be retired.
Replace with new battery and all should be well again.

As for what battery? As long as you don't plan on any significant changes to your coil resistance, you can use just about any battery out there safely.
The Efest brand you are already using is fine.

Would I be able to use 18490
1000mAh eFest IMR 18500 (15A)

Hey guys - I'm a soon-to-be Reo noob and have a couple of battery queries too. Can a Grand use flat-tops? I know AR button tops are the recommended but I have a lot of flat-tops and almost no button tops.
And also, is it possible to order AR's from overseas and if so where is the best place to shop?
Lastly, of the locally available batteries which 18650's would you guys recommend? I have a couple of efests (the max disch. 35A ones) and a couple of VTC4's. No smurfs

Back