Reo P 67

I havent worried too much to mail Rob because either one of two things.
1- it was made this way so nothing one can do.
2- its a flaw (but i doubt it is a flaw as i have never heard of such from a reo) but if it is. No ways in hell im sending the mod with sapo :-D and im not paying R700 for coureir costs again.

So either way will just have to live with it and work around my ocd i guess.

You could mail Rob and find out - then based on the feedback
You could sell it to one of the other guys
Then get another one :)
Only snag is the agony and pain anticipating its arrival

2- its a flaw (but i doubt it is a flaw as i have never heard of such from a reo) but if it is. No ways in hell im sending the mod with sapo :-D and im not paying R700 for coureir costs again.

1.You can send me your banking details
2.I will send my courier to collect.

You've been offered a bunch of explanations and very easy options. As I said if it was a problem on Resomods end (out of spec) it won't cost you a dime, he'll send replacements. If you are not willing to easily fix it yourself then I guess you'll have to live with it until then. But realize that even a piece of $2000 HE gear can slip through the cracks sometimes not 110% perfect. There's been a lot of whining all through the process to get these Reos in SA due to the problems you folks have with your customs and mail service. So I guess I shouldn't expect less when a minor issue arises.

I keep trying to call Robert until I reach him.

I'm thinking these P67 510's were the same ones' that were designed for the Grand which had the catch cup, hence the gap.

In a world where I owned a beautiful P67, I wouldn't want to send it back, so I would either use a o ring or beauty ring in the meantime, until I could find out exactly how much I could press fit the 510 further down to accommodate average 510 length :lipssealed: extreme, I know... but that P67 wont leave my sight :giggle:

Maybe something to note to Rob, someone?

Rob. Can I ask Robert to send replacements to you to disperse to those who got P67's from this small run?

Did he mention what the replacement parts were? 510 assembly or just the grub screws?

I'm thinking these P67 510's were the same ones' that were designed for the Grand which had the catch cup, hence the gap.

In a world where I owned a beautiful P67, I wouldn't want to send it back, so I would either use a o ring or beauty ring in the meantime, until I could find out exactly how much I could press fit the 510 further down to accommodate average 510 length :lipssealed: extreme, I know... but that P67 wont leave my sight :giggle:

Maybe something to note to Rob, someone?

For sure, dont get me wrong as mentioned by me many a times ive been wanting this baby for a long time now and i dont think i will give her up that easily without getting a nickname of a flipper :-D

I can easily make a spacer to fill that gap (that is no issue)

And you are 100% right @Spydro there is always at some time or another glitches that happen in manufacturing (i know as this is my industry)

I heard back from Robert tonight.

...quote...
I checked the 510s we're installing, everything is ok on my end.
There are over 6000 reos out there with the new 510 connection. They are all set with a jig to the same measurement.
I am almost positive their atomizer 510 threads are longer then they should be.
I need a measurement from the base of the atty to the bottom of their 510 to give someone a solid answer. It should be roughly 4.5 mm.
Any of these guys are welcome to email me, I am happy to help them if I can.
...end quote...

I know from long experience that atty 510 length's, threads, etc can vary from manufacture to manufacture, and between authentic and clones of them.

My last suggestion to all of you is to follow his advice, measure your atty's and contact him directly yourself.

I heard back from Robert tonight.

...quote...
I checked the 510s we're installing, everything is ok on my end.
There are over 6000 reos out there with the new 510 connection. They are all set with a jig to the same measurement.
I am almost positive their atomizer 510 threads are longer then they should be.
I need a measurement from the base of the atty to the bottom of their 510 to give someone a solid answer. It should be roughly 4.5 mm.
Any of these guys are welcome to email me, I am happy to help them if I can.
...end quote...

I know from long experience that atty 510 length's, threads, etc can vary from manufacture to manufacture, and between authentic and clones of them.

My last suggestion to all of you is to follow his advice, measure your atty's and contact him directly yourself.
I wonder if he thinks we are first time reo users.

I personally have had more than 10 Reos.

The catchcup on the Latest Reo Grand is a little higher than the 510.If one had to cut the catch cup flush with the 510,They would also have the same problem.

I only use OL16s and they have the shortest 510 travel.But because of that little raised lip on the normal reo grand,one can't see the gap and have to adjust the pin a little out to make contact.

Is anyone getting a slight wobble/movement/slant of the atty when fully tightened?

Back