Reo P 67

Well its stripped (apart from the spring,why does he tighten those screws so much) now lets see what I'll do with it.
IMG_1704.jpg
And for those of you wondering what the bigger hex head is for
IMG_1705.jpg

Well its stripped (apart from the spring,why does he tighten those screws so much) now lets see what I'll do with it.
View attachment 47274
And for those of you wondering what the bigger hex head is for
View attachment 47276

this might be the first post I want to actually dislike :-(
Did you even vape on it first before you stripped it? Can I use it for a bit for you first :-D

60f948117e420c4ec811ae2a2ca4edcf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have total confidence in your ability to assemble it!

Looks like you were right Andre,I managed to put it back together and also because the person who owns it once sold me one of those kak coiling jigs I've given him a reminder.
I wanted to cut this Reo but I daren't.:rofl:
IMG_1713.jpg IMG_1714.jpg IMG_1715.jpg

Was it just polished?
I was thinking of getting a white one but now the aluminum polished is looking like a winner.

Not sure if you could just polish out the tumbled finish,here is a quick look at how I do it.
First I take off the tumbled finish using a 'scotchbrite' wheel.You could use wet and dry paper or a scotchbrite pad.
IMG_1706.jpg IMG_1707.jpg
Then I wet sand it by hand,starting with 600 grit all the way up to 2000 grit
IMG_1708.jpg

Then I start polishing with a stitched wheel and brown compound,moving onto loose fold wheels with blue compound,this is what it looks like after
IMG_1711.jpg

Then i give it a final polish with white compound and then last a clean with a microfibre and Maizena to finish it.
Everything up to the polishing stage can be done by hand (the more and finer wet sanding you do,the better the finish) and I think you could then polish it with a polish like Autosol (personally I'd try the marine shine) or Meguirs,would take a while but I think you'd do OK.

I had the pleasure of holding and vaping on Rob's new P67 at the vape meet
It feels very comfortable in the hand with the curves
Felt slightly lighter than a normal Reo but that could be my imagination

Then, the side fire button.

Feels good. Very convenient being on the side. But feels different and Im not used to it. I suppose a few days of using it and the normal top fire button will seem strange.

Not mad about the fire button not having a metal finish. But it does feel very good and works beautifully.

I definitely want a raw tumbled non SL P67 at some point.

Back