Reo Trouble

Gizmo

Catalyst
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
The sub ohms that they talking about is 0.1 ohms.

I have a problem with my reo suddenly. The bottom spring has just stopped popping up. Disappointed frankly. That life span is not good enough in my opinion

I have a problem with my reo suddenly. The bottom spring has just stopped popping up. Disappointed frankly. That life span is not good enough in my opinion
Sub-ohm is anything below 1.0 ohms. You have shorted your Reo, Gizmo. It is a hot spring which will collapse as a safety mechanism in the case of a short. You cannot use it again, must install a new spring. Hope you have not tried for 0.1 ohm for that will definitely cause a short. If you don't short the spring it should last a very long time.

Last edited:
I have seen in a review that the spring pops when there is a short. You need to replace. Try to find what shorted it out 1st if you can..
Good advice...take the resistance with the cap on, maybe something is touching the cap. If you have a metal drip tip, test it with the drip tip on and applying some pressure on the drip tip. Sometimes that is the culprit.

Sub-ohm is anything below 1.0 ohms. You have shorted your Reo, Gizmo. It is a hot spring which will collapse as a safety mechanism in the case of a short. You cannot use it again, must install a new spring. Hope you have not tried for 0.1 ohm for that will definitely cause a short. If you don't short the spring it should last a very long time.

What's the lowest ohm's you safely go on your REO @Matthee? is it 0.77?

Sorry guys, I apologise for continuing this thread off topic
- perhaps someone can move the posts from Gizmo's problem on his REO onwards - to "Help - my Vape broke"

What's the lowest ohm's you safely go on your REO @Matthee? is it 0.77?
By the way, am I right in saying that your Bowdens Mate REO setup at 0.77 ohms is producing around 18 Watts? (3.7 volts squared divided by 0.77). Also, I thought the REO in its current form was not well suited to sub-ohm coils. Can you enlighten me..
Sorry, Silver, I missed the second quote above. Have moved this to a new thread as requested. To answer your questions:
I have not the foggiest what Watts are produced, but that sounds about right. The Reo can go down to around 0.6 ohms in standard form, some say 0.5 is also fine. I have never had the need to go below 0.7 ohms. The majority of Reonauts vape around 0.9 to 1.5 on the mech Reo. My usual coils are around 0.9 to 1.1. Went lower this time to compensate for the lower nicotine than what I'm used to. There is however, some Reonauts who love to play at very low ohms, as we have some peeps on this forum that do so as well - which is perfectly fine by me. With the new sub-ohm kit one will be able to go down as low as 0.2 ohms. Added advantages will be a little longer battery life, almost no maintenance and flat top batteries will be able to be used as standard. Those added advantages is what attracts me. There is also talk of a new Reo with a slot for a kick. Should the kick break, the Reo can be used as a mech until a new kick is fitted, but do not foresee this before around the middle of the year.

if you put these values into an ohm calculator, 4.2V for a fully recharged battery with a 0.1 ohm resistance....it comes out at an incredible 176W and 42 Amps :eek: worst case scenario.
http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php
Wow, if that was what was aimed for the battery would have blown up without a hot spring. Not even the new 3o amp batteries could endure that. Where is Gismo, he needs to tell us how he collapsed that hot spring!? And he should test that battery.

wow , that sounds like you will need to plug your Reo into a wall socket !!

Yeah I wouldn't advise any1 to go that low to 0.1, that is just looking for trouble even though you might have a capable battery. I usually stay around 0.7 if I feel for something wowish, 0.9-1.1 for everyday vape, and 0.5 for just plain showing off lol..

Sorry, Silver, I missed the second quote above. Have moved this to a new thread as requested. To answer your questions:
I have not the foggiest what Watts are produced, but that sounds about right. The Reo can go down to around 0.6 ohms in standard form, some say 0.5 is also fine. I have never had the need to go below 0.7 ohms. The majority of Reonauts vape around 0.9 to 1.5 on the mech Reo. My usual coils are around 0.9 to 1.1. Went lower this time to compensate for the lower nicotine than what I'm used to. There is however, some Reonauts who love to play at very low ohms, as we have some peeps on this forum that do so as well - which is perfectly fine by me. With the new sub-ohm kit one will be able to go down as low as 0.2 ohms. Added advantages will be a little longer battery life, almost no maintenance and flat top batteries will be able to be used as standard. Those added advantages is what attracts me. There is also talk of a new Reo with a slot for a kick. Should the kick break, the Reo can be used as a mech until a new kick is fitted, but do not foresee this before around the middle of the year.

Thanks @Matthee for that. Very useful. Should I get the REO I will definitely wait for the revised sub-ohm kit - not so much for being able to go down to 0.2 ohms but for the other advantages you mentioned as well as flat top battery support.

Yeah I wouldn't advise any1 to go that low to 0.1, that is just looking for trouble even though you might have a capable battery. I usually stay around 0.7 if I feel for something wowish, 0.9-1.1 for everyday vape, and 0.5 for just plain showing off lol..

Great to hear this @Nooby. Thanks for sharing

O

oh wow, I'll take it off your hands!

I didn't do extremely low ohms on it in all honesty. So I really don't understand

Well a short can be created in many ways, stray piece of kanthal, or even the battery could have failed - creating a short

Check out the battery with a multimeter and check your atomizer either with multimeter or atomizer ohm meter

Can I post you a new spring, Gizmo or are you taking up Umzungu on his offer?

Let me have a bit of a think on this. I have the kraken coming so will do a full test on it. Maybe it will be a replacement I don't know. Sad tho as the reo was a reliable little fellar until now. Maybe I did cause a short I don't know.

Let me have a bit of a think on this. I have the kraken coming so will do a full test on it. Maybe it will be a replacement I don't know. Sad tho as the reo was a reliable little fellar until now. Maybe I did cause a short I don't know.
Ok. Only one way the spring will collapse in one go - when a short occurs. And no short is ever intentional. When you go around 0.4 ohms it sometimes will start going down gradually as you overtax the system.

i like the idea of having the collapsing spring. safety first! always!

All my coils were around 1.3 - 1.0 must have been a short then

All my coils were around 1.3 - 1.0 must have been a short then
Yip, as Derick said, many ways that can happen. I always measure my resistance with the cap on as well, and I do not use metal drip tips. Also when you dryburn always just make sure the post screws are still tight.

Back