Results of some eliquid tests

some more
http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=76dae2c390812190df36a9e35&id=c1a14040af&e=c785f263c0

quote:
Due to recent information and industry speculation around the Five Pawns E-Liquid range, and under the direction of ECITA we are removing from sale and recalling all Five Pawns flavours.
If you have purchased Five Pawns E-Liquid from us, either online or in-store, we ask that you do not continue to vape it and please return it to us at your earliest convenience. You will be given a refund, store credit or exchange for (a) product(s) of equal value.
/quote

Though i'm certainly not in favour of poisoning myself, or anyone else for that matter, I'd still vape it ~ call me crazy, but I feel the small quantities I get of it, won't be the thing to kill me...

As previous posters have commented, we are in a world full of 'dangerousness', from food, to water, to air - to stress and all the rest.

I'm a big believer in moderation. None the less, keeping a very close eye on this too... tx for the updates - now lets see the 'finger' get pointed at ALL the other juices out there/right here!!!

It would be amazing if the alchemists that create all the wondrous flavours for us to enjoy could tweak their recipes to keep them as safe as possible.

P.S... I'm ok with a little danger. ;)

I'm posting updates as and when they come to keep peeps informed..my personal opinion is more of a "meh"...I smoked Texan plain for a while.
One of the test did show fluctuating nicotine levels, such that a 3mg bottle may have only slightly less than 2mg. And the levels of "bad" stuff ended up being higher than the level of nicotine. Thats a bit of a bummer really.

I'm happy to make up my mind given the information, so my only concern is that this information was denied to users, lied to users, and then tried to shut the vendors up. Thats a no-no in my small book.

Last edited:
Keep em coming!

I hear you, though am still unconvinced the results can be seen and judged fairly without a verified, consistent, and fully approved 'across the board' standard.

What I've been wondering, is how it would be oh so great if they could 'test' the USERS (particularly the 5P founders, who must have surely vaped about more than anyone else)...! Run some kind of analysis on their lungs/other suspected threatened organs, and compare the results to a regular 'basic' vaper, a smoker (new and old), as well as fit as a fiddle gym bunny type. THAT would be (IMHO) the ultimate indicator really :)

click bang podcast covered this topic.
I'm not a doctor, so this is my interpretation of how it was explained.

To figure out if this bad stuff did you harm, you need to do a lung tissue biospy on a dead person. Which is expensive, and requires you to be dead first.

If you are dead, and an ex-smoker, nobody is going to pay to find out if you died from bad lungs..or bad lungs with a bit of vaping issues. they go "oh, he;s dead, ...oh wow...a smoker with bad lungs died..." and thats the end of it.

some more
http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=76dae2c390812190df36a9e35&id=c1a14040af&e=c785f263c0

quote:
Due to recent information and industry speculation around the Five Pawns E-Liquid range, and under the direction of ECITA we are removing from sale and recalling all Five Pawns flavours.
If you have purchased Five Pawns E-Liquid from us, either online or in-store, we ask that you do not continue to vape it and please return it to us at your earliest convenience. You will be given a refund, store credit or exchange for (a) product(s) of equal value.
/quote

Bollocks - I've paid dearly for me 5P Queenside, and vape I will :p.

This is a really interesting thread and one I'm gonna watch very closely... the fact that so many of the juices contain these "bad" ingredients does worry me and there is little doubt that the yellow and red listed juices will be boycotted and quite rightly so... we are striving to get healthy and kick the terrible habit of tobacco addiction with all the associated poisons... and if a juice is found to contain even small doses of Diacetyl and Acetyl that not kewl at all. Yes there is no doubt that they are still way safer than smoking stinkies... but now that we know we are being "hoodwinked" because they are using these chemicals to enhance flavour despite a risk to the end user annoys me no end! Is is just this kind of shit that will give the protagonists the ammo they are looking for.

Yes all these juices are safer than cigarettes but the fact of the matter is they contain shit we don't want in our lungs. Period! Will I finish my bottle of Indian Giver... yes probably... will I buy it again? Nope.

Now we need to find a local chemist that can test some of our local juices. Anyone got any contacts?
I fully agree that tests needs to be done on ZA liquids. I will certainly supply Vape Elixir samples to anyone with the ability to conduct such tests and I'm pretty sure all liquid manufacturers have their client's health as a primary concern and will agree to the same.

The best I can do as a liquid manufacturer at the moment is to confirm (and trust that it's truthful), that independent laboratory tests in the USA have been conducted on my supplier's flavour concentrates, and ALL flavours used in the Vape Elixir range were found to be Diacetyl, Acetoin and Acetyl Propionyl free, with the exception of Plasma Juice, which contains 0.001% Acetoin and Pink Spot which contains trace amounts of Acetoin. Of course the supplier does have many flavours that contain high percentages of Acetoin, like bakery, creamy, vanilla and custard flavours, but I've purposefully never made a liquid containing any of these.

Last edited:
1000 ppm....

If a part was a 30ml bottle of juice I'd vape 1000 bottles of Diacetyl for every 1 000 000 bottles of juice?

That leaves me with what?

1 full bottle of Diacetyl when I've finished my first 1000 bottles of Juice?

Let's see.... I vape 4 bottles a month.

That's 48 bottles a year. Roughly 30ml of pure Diacetyl in 21 years.

Given the current state of my knees, short term memory problems and the fact that I'd probably be married then for at least a decade, I personally would probably welcome poison at that point.

Kidding! Regulated me!

Thanks for the updates @Xhale

And thanks for the comment @SunRam

My luck :
- My favourite 5P is Bowdens Mate
- And from Vape Elixir, I loved Plasma

Lol

Great perspective @RevnLucky7 ! That works out to 0.03ml per 30ml bottle of juice.... mmmmmm not sure that is even close to the amount that the factory workers that got popcorn lung inhaled on a daily basis for long hours and many many years.

My opinion: it is blown way out of proportion by hype and scare mongering. Like MSG in food and sweeteners in diet sodas (but that is a whole other conversation for another day on a completely different forum :D).

But if customers feel it is important to know, then it will be important for all manufacturers to eventually have their juices tested and the amounts of these so called suspect ingredients stated for each flavour on their websites. Regulation is coming... could be a year, it could be 3 years.

I do not think it will be good enough for vendors to go by what your flavour supplier tells you, as they have been proven wrong as well. The only way will be to get it tested by an independent laboratory.

My :2c:

So, just to get the 'feels' on this one, if I were to still bring in 5P in 3mg and 6mg, I'd have some takers, yes ? ;)

Thanks @SunRam - that was a very interesting read indeed
I like the part about relative risk

I have copied and pasted the author's final opinion below, which I think makes a lot of sense.

"My personal view is that unless and until the industry can show that DA/AP in e-liquid is safe for vapers, those whose liquids contain it should make it clear to consumers this is the case, either through a labelling convention or something else. This won’t solve everything, but it will at least confer some agency to the consumer to make informed decisions. I think the community really does need to push industry hard for this - even those who have no problem with consuming DA/AP should at least consider those who really do not want to, and have the right to know."

If they remove AP and DA they will most likely just add something new to create the effect. Something we will know even less, if not nothing about.

Back