Reuleaux RX200 problems

AndreFerreira

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
This morning I popped 3 brand new batteries, fully charged, into my mod. Left for work, did not Vape on the way, got to work and grabbed my mod, it was hot and 25% of the battery life was drained. This is worrying me a lot.

Not a great sign, what batteries bud?

This morning I popped 3 brand new batteries, fully charged, into my mod. Left for work, did not Vape on the way, got to work and grabbed my mod, it was hot and 25% of the battery life was drained. This is worrying me a lot.

That is worrying @AndreFerreira
Lots of RX200 users here, myself included
I am using the lG brown "turds"
So far have not had that problem.

Was it possible the mod accidentally fired on the trip to work?

IMO this doesnt sound like a battery problem. I've not experienced a battery warming up without being connected to a closed circuit.

I would check:
1. batteries polarities are correct
2. The wrap is not torn (nothing besides the + and - terminals exposed)
3. Ensure that the mod was not firing

IMO this doesnt sound like a battery problem. I've not experienced a battery warming up without being connected to a closed circuit.

I would check:
1. batteries polarities are correct - Correct
2. The wrap is not torn (nothing besides the + and - terminals exposed) - Still in perfect condition bought them yesterday.
3. Ensure that the mod was not firing
- Very unlikely.

I removed the batteries when I saw this happening and put them back now for 10 min and the battery life ran down to almost flat without much vaping.

I know those batteries have a bad rep. But if they weren't being fired then there isn't much to blame the battery for surely? Once you took them out the mod did they cool down? They weren't overcharged? No moisture or stray kanthal in the battery bay?

I know those batteries have a bad rep. But if they weren't being fired then there isn't much to blame the battery for surely? Once you took them out the mod did they cool down? They weren't overcharged? No moisture or stray kanthal in the battery bay?
Yes they cooled down and werent overcharged. Now that I think about it, the mod was covered in Juice the other day, not very badly but not was quite a bit, nothing got into battery tray.

I got two 3married packs for my RX.
Greenies and brownies. Never had a problem.
The RX has reverse protection too.
Are you near a vape shop? Take it in. Just to be sure, u know, ask to test three batteries.
U did say u ordered new turds but if it's the mod, you've stumbled onto something new and I would not take a chance

Yes they cooled down and werent overcharged. Now that I think about it, the mod was covered in Juice the other day, not very badly but not was quite a bit, nothing got into battery tray.
I don't know if I personally have a pair big enough to try again and possibly vent 3 of these batteries. But in saying that, if this is your only vaping option for the day you might want to clean up the bay, let it dry off and try again. I agree with @Nightwalker , take them into your nearest store and let them have a look and advise you further.

@AndreFerreira , if I was you (depending on age) I would likely have removed the front cover already and checked if any juice got into the mod by any chance. Just remember that even though physical switches are used, firing or even damage can occur on mods if conductive liquids get into contact with the components on the PCB.
With some mods there are just so many places where juice can potentially leak through, like the 510, vent holes, charge port holes or panel seams.

E-liquid is only thick and syrupy when you fill attys or try and wipe it off surfaces. When accidentally leaked onto a mod, it changes into a super thin substance that has the viscosity and abilities of penetrating oil.

@AndreFerreira have you been charging your batteries in your RX200 via USB? There have been many reports of people doing so which have damaged their batteries and then needed to be replaced as the "balance" board is not doing a proper job with the batteries. You should charge your batteries on an external charger.

@AndreFerreira have you been charging your batteries in your RX200 via USB? There have been many reports of people doing so which have damaged their batteries and then needed to be replaced as the "balance" board is not doing a proper job with the batteries. You should charge your batteries on an external charger.
You should keep hearsay out of conversations.

2 MONTHS: I don't damage my batteries by continuously taking them out and placing them back in all the time: USB charging has worked without a problem - Battery lasts for 3-4 days! Samsung 25r's - MYTHS

Your readings have proven nothing.

I bought this mod in December at Vape King, it should be under warranty. Will give them a call and see if they will assist me.

2 MONTHS: I don't damage my batteries by continuously taking them out and placing them back in all the time: USB charging has worked without a problem - Battery lasts for 3-4 days! Samsung 25r's - MYTHS

@Darryn Du Plessis is USB charging still working well for your batteries with the RX200?

It is fact that the RX does not have balanced charging.

People who use on board USB charging, "rotate" their batteries... The battery config is "Series" and due that that very nature, it is easy to understand why the rotation needs to happen.

Last edited:
It is fact that the RX does not have balanced charging.

People who use on board USB charging, "rotate" their batteries... The battery config is "Series" and due that that very nature, it is easy to understand why the rotation needs to happen.

HIGHLY recommended to buy yourself a Nitecore charger :)
I get 5 days continouusly when using that charger---->
[ instead of the 2 days off the USB charger which also reverberates the Imbalanced message everytime you plug it in - [In the past for three months now]]

NO MORE PROBLEMS = Charge it correctly.

HIGHLY recommended to buy yourself a Nitecore charger :)
I get 5 days continouusly when using that charger---->
[ instead of the 2 days off the USB charger which also reverberates the Imbalanced message everytime you plug it in - [In the past for three months now]]

NO MORE PROBLEMS = Charge it correctly.

I 100% agree with your post - Use an external charger with the Rx200 instead of the built in USB charging and there will be no issues.

Your postings were confusing me, but if you agree that external charger is the way to go - Same page.

I think I just want to write a mini-PSA (from my understanding) for people who argue on the RX's battery charging capabilities as I feel there's some confusion in general.

First of all I don't trust the built in volt meter, the one battery slot always reads as 4.24 v on mine after I insert fully charged batteries, and yes I rotate my batteries, and I've taken readings on an external and the battery came out at 4.22 v on that.

What it does when charging through USB is cut off when one battery has reached it's max capacity, decided by the mod, in my case its 4.11 v, might be different in other people's mods, the quality seems a bit up and down through this model. The other slots were off by between 0.2 and 0.1, so it read as 3.9 V , 4.0 v, and 4.11 v. This appears to me that the mod simply pushes the charge through all three batteries until one is reading "full" on the voltmeter.

Now the RX200 battery configuration is a series circuit, so the first and second battery get hit a little harder than the third, so there's a natural desync over the days usuage, however if you are now only charging one battery to it's max there is room for that desync to grow, which is where things start to become dangerous. So please stop advocating repetitive USB charging where the manual even states that it's better to charge externally (as I'm sure they are aware that it's probably missing the correct circuitry).

In regards to safety, you yourself should always be tier one, and then the mod, I have seen a vented RX200 and it was no product mud slinging the guy admitted to putting in a mixture of batteries that were not married, one was even supposedly pulled from a power tool, safety features can fail.

------

@Darryn Du Plessis I think @Dubz and @KimVapeDashian were asking if you have retracted your statement on using USB on this mod with no issues (as you stated two months ago that it's hearsay to say that USB charging is borked on this mod).

-----

To the OP I hope you got it sorted on warranty, you are not the first person to have this issue, so I'm convinced that this mod is capable of a short that draws from the batteries, my first RX had a short on the 510 that would develop as it got hotter inside, it seemed as though the spring was making contact with a wire and sort of touching the side (might have been a grounding issue?). They claimed it on warranty for me.

@Darryn Du Plessis is USB charging still working well for your batteries with the RX200?
No, they don't charge that way anymore- - and at first I thought constantly removing and replacing them would be a problem as it would cause wear and tear physically on the batteries -

It removed the imbalanced and the device gets charged once a week externally :)

Thanks for your thoughts, but it seems this external charging method is best for all devices:

The Mod: is used for smoking - if you use the mod for charging too - you can see impacts --

The only mod i charge with USB now is the 2-cell Eleaf 120W TC - which i am still seeking a cover for :p

So I picked up rx the other woth the Same issues.
Won't even switch on without the usb cable.
All wires were soldered correctly
After I took the rx apart
Found nothing wrong
Not even solder on the board if it was creating a Dead short connection with another resistor or wateva.

Next move was to contact
Mr Vape Cartel
He can help get ot sorted maybe.
Other
I've got another plan in mind for the Paperweight 3 battery mod

Back