Riptrippers, is actually a Ripoff

What I like about RIP is that he actuallysa

I don't believe that paints the picture in its entirety.

Example:
Lets say I have a million views every time I post a video. You make a mod and want it on my channel - you believe I should just post a vid on your mod, the thing sells like hot cakes because it is seen by a million on MY channel that I made popular.... You make the money, and I get a free mod?

There is massive grey areas with anything to do with the internet and marketing/advertising or reviews. It is not black and white.

Yes understand that, but asking for equity?

I think this might be a joke, to be honest, When looking at what happened to the owner of CCI just a short while back with the employer where he worked whilst coming up with the cloud chasers inc brand... those guys are even still fighting with him over the brand and they are still under the impression that the brand is theirs and not that of the current claimed owner... so perhaps it was just a joke..

These things along with people suing each other over closes or copies and such will start becoming more of a reality as vaping has now picked up enough speed and are real enough / in your face, to become a money making scheme for all the bloodsucking lawyers as well... lol

good fun to follow, hehe enter Suites, hehe

What I like about RIP is that he actuallysa

I don't believe that paints the picture in its entirety.

Example:
Lets say I have a million views every time I post a video. You make a mod and want it on my channel - you believe I should just post a vid on your mod, the thing sells like hot cakes because it is seen by a million on MY channel that I made popular.... You make the money, and I get a free mod?

There is massive grey areas with anything to do with the internet and marketing/advertising or reviews. It is not black and white.

Lol, no I wouldn't personally have gone that far.

I'm not defending his actions, I'm defending what was said about a reviewer not being able to profit from it, which I totally disagree with.

The reviewer gets paid by the medium his review is published on. Do you think BMW pays CAR magazine to do a review on a new car?

The magazine makes money by selling copies, they then pay their writers (Reviewers). It works the same when publishing reviews on Youtube, where the person gets paid for the views generated by the video. As with a magazine everything is paid for by advertising, more views (or physical copies of a magazine) the higher the advertising cost, and the more money is made by publishing.

If the content of his videos are good enough (close to a million views per video says it is), then he is getting paid, by Youtube. There are people who live of making Youtube videos...

Yes understand that, but asking for equity?

Charging a fixed price to do a review is fair, you basically paying to advertise your product to the correct audience, but like @kimbo said, why would you ask for equity? Surely no one in there right mind would put down a product in which they have a financial interest.

The reviewer gets paid by the medium his review is published on. Do you think BMW pays CAR magazine to do a review on a new car?

The magazine makes money by selling copies, they then pay their writers (Reviewers). It works the same when publishing reviews on Youtube, where the person gets paid for the views generated by the video. As with a magazine everything is paid for by advertising, more views (or physical copies of a magazine) the higher the advertising cost, and the more money is made by publishing.

If the content of his videos are good enough (close to a million views per video says it is), then he is getting paid, by Youtube. There are people who live of making Youtube videos...

I understand that. But I believe that formula is outdated, especially when it comes to online, and viral marketing.

Rip is the brand here, not a mag he works for. YouTube 'click n pay' will not get him enough to properly measure his influence reach. Especially in this industry which is not the biggest (yet).

I mean if he manages to influence 10 000 people for example. YouTube 10000 views does not equate to anything near the profit the manufacturer would have made for the 10000 sales they got.

Charging a fixed price to do a review is fair, you basically paying to advertise your product to the correct audience, but like @kimbo said, why would you ask for equity? Surely no one in there right mind would put down a product in which they have a financial interest.

Yes I agree, it wouldn't make sense to discredit something if you have a financial benefit in the upside of it.

It is quite clever to ask for equity though, since the better the punt, the better the upside (long term) for the reviewer. Since the review continues to sell products months, even possibly years, after the video has been published it is a much better way to ensure the reviewer continues to receive financial benefit for his services, as opposed to getting a flat fee upfront and then not receiving anything from it again.

There are also plenty of dodgy ways you can apply 'creative' accounting to make the financial situation of the company precarious in order to show the minority stake holders that, on paper at least, their equity is basically valueless.

I am going to sit out making any calls on this just yet, although I hereby name this scandal RiPgate (TM) [If you want to use this name, I am going to need 2% 'equity' of each paycheck you receive going forward. :giggle::duck:]

I understand that. But I believe that formula is outdated, especially when it comes to online, and viral marketing.

Rip is the brand here, not a mag he works for. YouTube 'click n pay' will not get him enough to properly measure his influence reach. Especially in this industry which is not the biggest (yet).

I mean if he manages to influence 10 000 people for example. YouTube 10000 views does not equate to anything near the profit the manufacturer would have made for the 10000 sales they got.

What if the reviewer says the product is horrible and no one should ever buy it because it's a total ripoff. Should the reviewer then be obligated to pay the manufacturer for the sales lost?

Reviews are not all suppose to only be positive, if they are that is a symptom of a problem.

Sent using Tapatalk

What if the reviewer says the product is horrible and no one should ever buy it because it's a total ripoff. Should the reviewer then be obligated to pay the manufacturer for the sales

Sent using Tapatalk

Well I wouldn't. I would clearly state before, if I don't like it, I will say.

It should be understandable - it's my reputation on the line. I think any company putting a product up for review, should well understand that.

Ah yes, but it's the audience who is actually paying the piper.

Without an audience, nobody will want to advertise with you.

Lol... This is why I say, it's no longer black and white, this 'marketing' thing.

review
rɪˈvjuː/Submit
noun
a critical appraisal of a book, play, film, etc. published in a newspaper or magazine.

marketing
ˈmɑːkɪtɪŋ/Submit
noun
the action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising.

They are not the same.

Sent using Tapatalk

review
rɪˈvjuː/Submit
noun
a critical appraisal of a book, play, film, etc. published in a newspaper or magazine.

marketing
ˈmɑːkɪtɪŋ/Submit
noun
the action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising.

They are not the same.

Sent using Tapatalk

I think people understood what I was getting at

I'm kinda disappointed this isn't a bigger deal :( I was hoping for at least a few days of entertainment while Twisted and Rip fling poo at each other :p

Rip did the right thing by brushing it off... he has had experience in internet wars it seems. I will watch him anytime but that Twisted guy irritates the crap out of me! I simply cannot watch him.

I'm kinda disappointed this isn't a bigger deal :( I was hoping for at least a few days of entertainment while Twisted and Rip fling poo at each other :p
Agree i made two batches of pop corn in the hopes to view the youtube vids

Rip did the right thing by brushing it off... he has had experience in internet wars it seems. I will watch him anytime but that Twisted guy irritates the crap out of me! I simply cannot watch him.

Ripp was definitely the bigger a better man here. Twisted should not have even stuck his nose in and stirred and same goes for Matt from suck my mod. Everyone always hates the blue eyed boy and goes to show why Ripp is number one in the game.

Yes... But that all said... I wanted some of that drama, kinda like what they had in the old WWF between the different wrestlers

Not to mention that life would be mighty boring without people rubbing each other the wrong way and trying to drown each other in poop.

For myself, I find Ripps reviews to be kinda hit and miss. And his build videos are based on something other than reality. They almost never work for me.

Over time I've found Twisted to simply be more accurate with his reviews. Rip gets too jazzed about products .

Though busurdo and Trevor Jones beat the crap out of both of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back