Riptrippers, is actually a Ripoff

personally i don't give a crap... why not make money while making vids... he said the other day that it does take allot of time out of his allready busy schedule to make the you tube vids... I like his vids and will continue to be a subscriber and like his vids if I so see fit...

Would you in all honesty say no to making money of posting vids on YouTube???? would you say no to sponsors sending you items to review? WOULD you purchase all of the items he has so far reviewed??? Feck no!!! so how in the hell do they want to hold this against him??? pure bull crap if you ask me...

Rip, you have converted allot of us over from stinkies, you have also convinced us to procure new items... F@#$% the guys who want to give you crap!!!

Dis wat ek daarvan dink

Making money is all good. I have no problem with that...

However, the sources from which he is making money, and the terms by which he is making it, are seriously uncool.

Insisting on equity, for reviewing an item, and getting that equity based on the promise of promoting said item before the review has taken place... To me that sounds a lot like paying for positive reviews...

I'm sure initially his intent was good, and no-one can deny that he's done a lot of good.

But, this undermines any of his suggestions, as far as what devices are good, and whats crap.
Which makes his opinions, kinda redundant.

Makes you wonder... How much do you need to pay him to do the whole roger rabbit thing.

He is the VapeGuru if he review something everybody wants one and the retailers smile.

So why cant Rip make money out of it???

Making money is all good. I have no problem with that...

However, the sources from which he is making money, and the terms by which he is making it, are seriously uncool.

Insisting on equity, for reviewing an item, and getting that equity based on the promise of promoting said item before the review has taken place... To me that sounds a lot like paying for positive reviews...

I'm sure initially his intent was good, and no-one can deny that he's done a lot of good.

But, this undermines any of his suggestions, as far as what devices are good, and whats crap.
but go and look at his reviews... he will actually tell you if it is a pis poor products!!! The products he does actually review is properly reviewed.. I mean you will see him every now and then say that an item is crap, or the machining is crap, or this or that.. you know when he is satisfied with a product and when not... so tell me, will you pay someone to do a review on a product that you know he is going to say is crap?? I don't think so... this is probably some other reviewer that is trying to boost his own ratings... I say let them fight it out.. he will probably knock 420 on his ass, hehe :)

Surely reviewing the odd, crap item is a requisite for keeping up the appearance of delivering objective reviews, is it not?

BTW, rips a scrawny dude. My money would be on twisted.

Last edited:
Whatever Rip did I think Twisted 420 should dig threw his own lot first, because seriously i don't know what that guy is vaping. I can't manage to watch more than 5 second of his videos, He Freak very Freak Bra

Whatever Rip did I think Twisted 420 should dig threw his own lot first, because seriously i don't know what that guy is vaping. I can't manage to watch more than 5 second of his videos, He Freak very Freak Bra

Just because he swears a lot and drops stuff? I swear a lot and drop stuff :p

To be honest, who really cares?

He might be taking money or he might not.

All of these posts or evidence could be a bunch of hogwash in an attempt to make him look bad. Then again, they could also be true.

Both rip and twisted 420 are great to watch. I think they both do a great job on their videos. I don't see a point in this whole finger pointing thing.

And if RIP is being paid for the reviews, I doubt he is the first or the last do so. At least he is making money from vaping. I wouldn't mind making some cash because of it ;)

If he is being paid, that's great for him. He's the #1 subscribed vape reviewer. If companies are paying him to review their products, that's just smart business.

However, he's stated in multiple videos that he has never taken money to review/use any products. If there is proof he has then he loses all credibility with I would say most of the community. Mainly because of the lie, if he does receive money to review products and doesn't want people to know then DO NOT make a statement like that. I can understand that majority of people would give his opinion on products zero merit if he is found out to be on the pay roll therefore companies wouldn't bother paying him.

It sucks that potential new vapers would be given false information on so/so products and go out and spend their hard earned money on it, but at the end of the day youtube is a vast resource and if you are potentially looking to spend money on something be smart and check multiple video reviews.

Being #1 is always tough and one wrong move can lose you all the reputation you have built up. Same thing happened with IGN, people once regarded them are THE video game review site till it was proven they are on the payroll to review products, now most just ignore IGN's opinion on new products.

Hmmm I don't know, if he is getting paid for a POSITIVE review, then that's bribery really.

But if you have to pay him to review your product, I 100% understand.

If I was the #1 watched vaping channel, damn right I would sell my brand.

But ya, getting payed to review your product is very different to getting payed for a positive review.

Will, be interesting to see what comes out of this after more people have done some digging.

I don't care. I still watch his reviews. They're good.

Everyone in the vape market are making their pound.
Look at all the retailers that pop up in South africa alone!

If there's money to be made, the entrepreneurs will step in.

I still dig his way of reviewing and it won't change. But it is good to know the truth.

And I must say that if someone buy something only because they watched Rips video, they deserve what they get.
There are so many good reviewers and its good to get input from at least 3 or more of them.

I see the same message has been posted about RIP and TWISTED, so someone out there is trying to put them in a bad light or it's a war between the two of them.
Haters gonna hate.

I figured anyone doing review videos was either already on a payroll and if not would be trying to get on one. Why else do the videos? Honestly most of the vape gear reviews look like cheap versions of the homemark shows, surely nobody trusts homemark or verimark!

I actually think the forumites (ours and others) who do partake in surreptitious marketing for their 'favorite' vendors (who just happen to give them discounts, freebies) are much more of a problem than Rip type reviewers. Rip is out there for everyone to see, the forumites are almost impossible to track and proving intent on their part is very difficult, as is proving direct gain from their activities on behalf of a vendor. I dont trust anyone (let alone addicts like myself) at all so not too much of a problem for me, I just thought it was disturbing the lack of integrity present in the industry and worse in the communities developed around it.

I like em both, and "sick as tits" were the first words I learned on my vaping journey

Message sent via tapatalk

I don't like this at all however, in his position, with products getting thrown at him on a daily basis, it is logical for him to find a system where the products he reviews has some sort of incentive. I would probably do the same thing.

As for Twisted, I think he a excellent reviewer. Him and Rip Trip are the two I watch, because they are to the point and say it how it is, however, with Rip he hardly says negative stuff in his reviews and now I assume its due to $$$ involved. Twisted thrashes products if need be.

I just CANNOT watch PB's videos, I feel like my life is wasting away. Also GrimmGreen rambles too much for me.

I figured anyone doing review videos was either already on a payroll and if not would be trying to get on one. Why else do the videos? Honestly most of the vape gear reviews look like cheap versions of the homemark shows, surely nobody trusts homemark or verimark!

I actually think the forumites (ours and others) who do partake in surreptitious marketing for their 'favorite' vendors (who just happen to give them discounts, freebies) are much more of a problem than Rip type reviewers. Rip is out there for everyone to see, the forumites are almost impossible to track and proving intent on their part is very difficult, as is proving direct gain from their activities on behalf of a vendor. I dont trust anyone (let alone addicts like myself) at all so not too much of a problem for me, I just thought it was disturbing the lack of integrity present in the industry and worse in the communities developed around it.

Too right danny dude. It's when someone is trying to make money by being sneaky about it. That is what gets my goat big time.

Back