Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
OK it's time to calmly sit down and build a coil and give Erica a good suck!

Let's get all the equipment ready and open the toolbox!
REO-1.jpg

Coil made and inspected under the magnifying glass. 8 wraps... not sure if that's right but I'm too eager to get started... will finsih the coil and get vaping and then go back and read up!
REO-2.jpg

Wick ready for trimming... to thick? Or just right? Dunnno... let's try it. 1,21 Ohms
REO-3.jpg

OMG! VM Menthol Ice 12mg on Erica the REO Grand! Time to pull a Silver! :eek:
REO-4.jpg

Will try do a video later!

Awesome Rob, coil looks great. Welcome to vaping nirvana!!

Awesome Rob, just one question; is the Reo so small or your right hand so big?

Awesome Rob, coil looks great. Welcome to vaping nirvana!!

The more I vape the better it's tasting... just getting used to having to Squonk and finding the right amount of juice in the well...

I have to shoot out to drop Mandy off somewhere shortly... hope I can drive straight! :D

Awesome Rob, just one question; is the Reo so small or your right hand so big?

It's slightly shorter than the MVP and a bit wider... but the REOmiser is pretty small so it is smaller than the MVP/Aerotank combo.

Great first coil on the Reo. And 1.2 ohm is a good start point for a Reomizer. If the throat hit is too intense - build around 1.4/1.5 ohms and/or have your coil as close to the edge and as close to the deck as possible. What is the ID of your coil? Glad you like the first try, most new Reonauts take a week or two to get their sweet spot. How did you find the magnifying light? Who the h... is Mandy, is she interfering with Erica:D.
Oh, and how was the build on the Reo compared to the Kayfun?

Great first coil on the Reo. And 1.2 ohm is a good start point for a Reomizer. If the throat hit is too intense - build around 1.4/1.5 ohms and/or have your coil as close to the edge and as close to the deck as possible. What is the ID of your coil? Glad you like the first try, most new Reonauts take a week or two to get their sweet spot. How did you find the magnifying light? Who the h... is Mandy, is she interfering with Erica:D.
Oh, and how was the build on the Reo compared to the Kayfun?

Well I have to thank you @Matthee because there is little resemblance to the crap I had with the Kayfun and this device works like gangbusters! There is a certain amount of intense satisfaction building your own coil and wick and vaping off it... I'm gonna start watching youtube videos and building coils the rest of the day!

Not sure what you mean by ID of the coil?

Mandy is my eldest daughter... our miracle child... see www.mandy.co.za

I was worried about the big spend on the REO and whether it was gonna be a big mistake... what a win... I now understand... will start filling bottles and getting a system working with Erica!

More on this issue later and maybe even a video!

Thanks again for showing me the way!

Well I have to thank you @Matthee because there is little resemblance to the crap I had with the Kayfun and this device works like gangbusters! There is a certain amount of intense satisfaction building your own coil and wick and vaping off it... I'm gonna start watching youtube videos and building coils the rest of the day!

I was worried about the big spend on the REO and whether it was gonna be a big mistake... what a win... I now understand... will start filling bottles and getting a system working with Erica!

ID - inner diameter, in other words the size of the mandrel/drill bit you used. Wow, just read Mandy's Story as told by you and Anthea. Sure a miracle...and I am lost for words to add....

ID is the internal diameter of the coil. I.E what drill bit size you use.

Wow, just read it on the link you provided Rob - all I can say is thanks for the existence of Miracles & Grace, As a father of only one daughter I can't even force myself to imagine what you guys must have gone through.

ID - inner diameter, in other words the size of the mandrel/drill bit you used. Wow, just read Mandy's Story as told by you and Anthea. Sure a miracle...and I am lost for words to add....

I used the baby screwdriver you saw in one of my previous pics... less than 2mm and more than 1,5mm... I would guess about 1,8mm.

Yeah I also am lost for words @Rob Fisher that is quite something. I can't even begin to comprehend the effect that would have on your family, let along on you and your wife as parents.

Oh before I forget @devdev - you mentioned last night something about tasting the "Noalox" , do you care giving us a review?

Wow, just read it on the link you provided Rob - all I can say is thanks for the existence of Miracles & Grace, As a father of only one daughter I can't even force myself to imagine what you guys must have gone through.

Yip it was not an easy time and very difficult to put into words! And we still live with issues but are so grateful she is still with us.

My Nautilus's are getting really nervous... Erica has been getting all the attention...

@vaalboy has been around for a quick vape meet and shown me the parallel coil and a better way of wicking my coil.

He also gave me a Squonking course!

PS I'm a REO boffin now! Not.

Boom 008.JPG

This sucks. I didn't get @vaalboy tutorials happening for me.

Share the knowledge please!

Also need pics of your coil and wick Rob

My Nautilus's are getting really nervous... Erica has been getting all the attention...

@vaalboy has been around for a quick vape meet and shown me the parallel coil and a better way of wicking my coil.

He also gave me a Squonking course!

PS I'm a REO boffin now! Not.

View attachment 3033
Great work there brother Reonaut, makes all the difference.

This sucks. I didn't get @vaalboy tutorials happening for me.

Share the knowledge please!

Also need pics of your coil and wick Rob

Squonking is an art and the secret (so I understand) is to look at your wick when you fist change your wick and watch the juice flow around the wick... and maneuver the REO around till your wick is fully covered. Then give the bottle a Squonk or two but hold your finger on the bottle to give the juice time to soak because when you let your finger go the juice gets sucked back into the bottle.

On the wick story Mark likes a short end on one side and a longer edge on the other which he lays through the posts onto the other side... let me see if I can take a picture... too juicey burt will take pic when I change the wick...

Also another tip is to make sure the air hole on the Reomiser is facing away from the button. Reason for this is two fold... first the vapour that can come out of that hole can be hot and hits your finger or thumb that is pressing the fire button... also juice can leak out of it when you are lying flat or just vaping if the hole is by the fire button... not sure if this last tip is correct but I did get an information overload so I stand to be corrected.
To get the air hole lines up 180 degrees to the fire button I had to add another O-Ring.

What else... Mmmmm that's all I can remember right now... more as my memory gets jogged.

REO 015.JPG ??

Wow the REO chows Batteries... either that or I have been vaping a little more than normal today! :eek:

Awesome! Thanks Rob and Vaalboy :)

I know TylerD will give me the low down tomorrow, so I will in turn share the knowledge when I get back online after VapeMeet

Back