Rob's attempt number 7 at Temp Control!

100% and that's why I have kept my RDA's because they will be of use when REPLAY arrives! :p

THanks @Pixstar

Watched the Mark Todd video on replay.

Maybe I am not understanding this properly (likely) but what is so special about changing the wattage and then saving the puff?

In power mode, I change the wattage on my mods and it stays at that level all the time. Lol. No need for setting any replay function.

I know he is talking about temp control, but what is different about replay?

Hi Ho @Silver it's going to be way more apparent in RDA's... with an RTA your wick is pretty consistent (unless you run out of juice) and one of the reasons I pretty much only use RTA's. With drippers and squonking you always have varying amounts of juice on the wick and everytime you press that fire button the vape is different... with REPLAY the intelligence of the chipset in the DNA75C and DNA250C records the exact vape when you save the puff and despite the amount of juice or the lack of will attempt to give you a consistent vape regardless and should never give you a dry hit!

THanks @Pixstar

Watched the Mark Todd video on replay.

Maybe I am not understanding this properly (likely) but what is so special about changing the wattage and then saving the puff?

In power mode, I change the wattage on my mods and it stays at that level all the time. Lol. No need for setting any replay function.

I know he is talking about temp control, but what is different about replay?

As I understand it what the mod will do is look at how that puff you saved changed the coil's temperature - and thus resistance - during that puff. It will then be able to replicate that puff again and again, regardless of heat retained in the coil from prior drags or dwindling juice in the wicks, by modulating the wattage in the background. In theory.

Having just gotten my head around temp control this weekend - with a very embarrassing night long misstep last night - I don't think I'll go back to VW again. That consistent draw and not having to fear a dry hit out of nowhere... That's a beautiful thing.

Thanks @Rob Fisher and @HapticSimian
Am going to be following this closely - because it is very interesting

I suppose my appreciation for Replay is not where it should be - since I have not gotten into temp control and only dabbled with it a few times. Maybe one has to go through the trials and tribulations of temp control to fully appreciate this.

Will be watching more as it unfolds...

Anyhow, in the meantime, I am glad I have my Reo/RM2 working to my liking. I know just how to squonk it and how to vape it - for a perfect vape every time ;-) Ok, maybe not the first vape after picking it up and not knowing how much juice is in there - but just a touch and I know where I am ;-)

As I understand it what the mod will do is look at how that puff you saved changed the coil's temperature - and thus resistance - during that puff. It will then be able to replicate that puff again and again, regardless of heat retained in the coil from prior drags or dwindling juice in the wicks, by modulating the wattage in the background. In theory.

Having just gotten my head around temp control this weekend - with a very embarrassing night long misstep last night - I don't think I'll go back to VW again. That consistent draw and not having to fear a dry hit out of nowhere... That's a beautiful thing.
What black magic is this

Back