Rob's attempt number 7 at Temp Control!

Ok so for interest sake. Going through all the TC hassles, getting temp and ramp up time right, the correct material, etc. Is it really worth it vs normal power mode? Not trying to be funny or anything as myself have never played with TC, just interested

@Rob Fisher this is the question! thanks for the updates!

Ok so for interest sake. Going through all the TC hassles, getting temp and ramp up time right, the correct material, etc. Is it really worth it vs normal power mode? Not trying to be funny or anything as myself have never played with TC, just interested

You have a point @SmokeyJoe but I'm having fun playing... and of course this will all change with Replay! :)

I've been using TC for the first time for about the last couple of weeks, and it would be awesome except that my stupid mod keeps asking me if I have a new coil every 10 minutes. It's driving me insane. :D

I've been using TC for the first time for about the last couple of weeks, and it would be awesome except that my stupid mod keeps asking me if I have a new coil every 10 minutes. It's driving me insane. :D

Is it a DNA75C @Alex?

Is it a DNA75C @Alex?

Nah, it's a
9654a719da24fbaed8433550947d28d6--diy-ripped-skinny-jeans-jean-skinny.jpg
chip :ANGEL:

OK first things first... I just dive in and when things don't work so well I go research and read. Vaping should be easy... that's why I'm playing with TC because Replay is a coming and I want to be ready! I'm using the Lost Vapes Mirage DNA75C with the Dvarw on top!

So I got some stainless steel Framed Staple Aliens (2.5mm 32G) from @smilelykumeenit for my testing... My resistance is 0.27Ω

View attachment 124960

So I chose the wrong material at first and that wasn't too kewl... then I selected SS and life improved dramatically!

I started down at 200 degrees F and slowly moved up and am at 310F and 50 watts. Preheat option is 330F and 60 watts.

OK now we are getting somewhere... but I'm not sure if the flavour is as good as in Power mode at 28 watts.

View attachment 124962 View attachment 124963 View attachment 124964 View attachment 124965

Let's see how we go.

Off to read all the TC info now.
TC works very well for me on my DNA devices... Firstly, you MUST use only spaced coils (dry burn them in power mode before wicking). Secondly, the coils need to have cooled back down to ambient temperature before screwing them back onto the mod and letting it read the base resistance. I usually use another mod for my dry burning and wicking, then i screw the atty onto my DNA device once everything has cooled.

Lastly, set your wattage higher than you would normally run in power mode, so if you normally vape at 25w in single coil, set wattage to 35w. Set your temp upper limit to around 260degrees Celcius or so, give or take a few degrees. I do not use any preheat.

I hope this helps, have fun!

TC works very well for me on my DNA devices... Firstly, you MUST use only spaced coils (dry burn them in power mode before wicking). Secondly, the coils need to have cooled back down to ambient temperature before screwing them back onto the mod and letting it read the base resistance. I usually use another mod for my dry burning and wicking, then i screw the atty onto my DNA device once everything has cooled.

Lastly, set your wattage higher than you would normally run in power mode, so if you normally vape at 25w in single coil, set wattage to 35w. Set your temp upper limit to around 260degrees Celcius or so, give or take a few degrees. I do not use any preheat.

I hope this helps, have fun!

Thanks @AlphaDog! I appreciate the advice!

Thanks @AlphaDog! I appreciate the advice!
I have run my drippers like this in temp mode for a very long time and the above method has been solid.

The only issue that sometimes creeps up is if the mod was used in an air-conditioned environment, and then when i transition into warm outside temperatures, the mod gets confused and prematurely cuts power before my set temperature has been reached. Not sure if that makes sense? The DNA mods constantly measure ambient temperature/device temperature, etc...

That hasn't happened in a while though.

TC is still a bit dicky... Power mode with these Stainless Steel Fused Staple Aliens is just perfect! Now to wait for Replay!

You know I'm doff @Rob Fisher ,please tell me what is Replay.

It's the new option that will be available for the new DNA250C mods about to be released. You set up your device and when you get the perfect vape you select REPLAY and from then on the chip-set takes over and delivers the very same vape to you despite the amount of juice on your coils. It's like temp control but a WAY lot simpler.

Also the\re will be a firmware update for the DNA75C mods soon too!

Shout if you want me to grab you a Lost Vape Mirage Hi Ho @Silver. It seems none of the vendors are bringing them in thinking it won't sell and I just don't get it... so I order from VaporDNA and they land at just under R1,900. I have another 2 arriving tomorrow probably.

I think I could be keen on one as well

It's the new option that will be available for the new DNA250C mods about to be released. You set up your device and when you get the perfect vape you select REPLAY and from then on the chip-set takes over and delivers the very same vape to you despite the amount of juice on your coils. It's like temp control but a WAY lot simpler.

Also the\re will be a firmware update for the DNA75C mods soon too!

@Rob Fisher , something which I've wondered about

We always press the fire button while inhaling and then let go at the end of a puff
I'm not complaining because its really not a problem to press the fire button

But

If you could just click the button and it would fire for a predetermined amount of time at the perfect temperature/settings - then you could just drag on it without pressing continuously ;-)
Wonder if the replay function will work that way? I.e. one click

We always press the fire button while inhaling and then let go at the end of a puff

But

If you could just click the button and it would fire for a predetermined amount of time at the perfect temperature/settings - then you could just drag on it without pressing continuously ;-)

Yip good idea... and no Replay won't work that way!. :-(

But

I dont know if i would enjoy that @Silver , i like to be under control sometimes i will just give a quick 3 sec toot, other times i will take a 8 or 9 second drag depending if i want nice nic hit.

I would however wish they would make something like twisp does on the first clearo batteries and on the cue that fires automatically when you inhale and stops firing once you stop inhaling.

That would be a awesome feature.

I dont know if i would enjoy that @Silver , i like to be under control sometimes i will just give a quick 3 sec toot, other times i will take a 8 or 9 second drag depending if i want nice nic hit.

I would however wish they would make something like twisp does on the first clearo batteries and on the cue that fires automatically when you inhale and stops firing once you stop inhaling.

That would be a awesome feature.

I hear you @Clouds4Days
I like the auto fire on inhale!
Would be awesome if something like that could be available on the higher power setups!
And if you could set the sensitivity of it

I hear you @Clouds4Days
Would be awesome if something like that could be available on the higher power setups!
An autodraw feature will require a pressure sensor to activate the power circuit when the user takes a draw. Something similar to a water level sensor in a washing machine which actually senses the changes in air pressure using a tube that is inserted in the wash tub.
If we try to implement that on a vape device that would mean that the air vents in the atty will have to be fitted with that sensor which is not practical considering we use different atomiser with different mod. The only way left will be to have a all in one device which most vapers don't prefer.

I hear you @Clouds4Days

Wow was just thinking about this while vaping, came back and saw this post. Would be cool if the wattage adjust according to how hard of a pull you take.

Wow was just thinking about this while vaping, came back and saw this post. Would be cool if the wattage adjust according to how hard of a pull you take.

Agreed. That would be great @Vino1718

Back