Room Foggers Review - FreeMax GEMM 80W starter kit with GEMM disposable tank

Room Fogger

Reviewer, Reonaut and Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
FreeMax GEMM 80W starter kit with GEMM disposable tank

Disclaimer – The views expressed in this review are based on my own experiences while testing the equipment being reviewed. The products were supplied free of charge by FreeMax for review purposes and no remuneration or other incentive is received to do this review.

Overview
This review will focus on the FreeMax GEMM Starter Kit consisting of the FreeMax GEMM 80W tube styled mod with 3 different wattage adjustment settings and a 2900mAh internal battery, and the GEMM refillable disposable tank system with a built in coil and a top fill system sealed by a silicone plug.

The link to the official FreeMax website is:
https://www.freemaxvape.com/
The link to the product on the official FreeMax website is:
https://www.freemaxvape.com/freemax-gemm-80w-starter-kit/

Unboxing
The kit is neatly and securely packaged in a blue colored single level cardboard box with matching lid and then covered with a slide off sleeve containing pictures of the tube mod and tank on the front and information regarding the mod, content of the kit and product specifications on the back. A segmented foam molded insert securely holds the mod and disposable tanks in place and the USB charger is packed in its own little box that slides into place along the one side, keeping everything safe and ensuring that it does not move around during transportation. The spare silicone plugs for the tank is sealed in a little packet in the box.
Gemm Packging.jpg
GEMM cropped.jpg

The Mod kit I received was in a Purple coated gloss finish with stainless steel button and top and bottom rings and included a matching set of disposable tanks in 2 different resistances.

Package Contents included (Standard Edition) :
  • 1 x GEMM 80W VW Mod.
  • 2 x GEMM Disposable tanks with built in coils.
    • 4ml with built in GEMM G2 Mesh coil (0.2 Ohm, 40 – 80W).
    • 5ml with built in GEMM G1 Mesh coil (0.15 Ohm, 40 – 80W).
  • 2 x Spare silicone tank plugs in a color matching the tank.
  • 1 x USB Charging Cable.
  • 1 x Warranty Card / 1 x User Manual / 1 x Warning Card.
Initial impression
The GEMM kit is good looking set that catches your eye the moment you lift the lid on the packaging. The overall finish is of a high standard and it looks solid and durable. The gloss color finish is really smooth and at first I thought that it was going to be a fingerprint magnet, but my fears were proven wrong. The overall fit of the components once assembled also point to a high quality manufactured product.

Specifications and Features:

GEMM 80W VW Mod:
  • Dimensions – (L) 85 mm by (D) 25 mm.
  • Tube Style Design.
  • Integrated 2900mAh rechargeable battery via USB port on side of mod.
  • 3 Adjustable power levels.
  • Wattage output range:
    • 40W/60W/80W with 0.15 Ohm resistance.
    • 40W/60W/80W with 0.20 Ohm resistance.
    • 20W/25W/30W with 0.50 Ohm resistance.
  • Voltage Output Range: 0 - 4.2V.
  • Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0ohm.
  • Power indicator light:
    • Green – 65% to 100%.
    • Yellow – 30% to 60%.
    • Red – 0% to 30%.
  • Ability to use any other Rda / Rta / Rdta with the mod due to standard 510 connection taking resistance range into consideration.
GEMM Disposable Tank:
  • Dimensions – (L) 51.3 mm by (D) 25 mm (Standard Edition 5ml tank).
  • Built in non-replaceable coil for disposal after use.
  • Convenient top fill for ease of use with silicone plug.
  • Capacity :
    • 5ml PCTG tank with G1 mesh coil.
    • 4ml PCTG tank with G2 mesh coil.
  • Wattage Range: 20W to 90W.
  • Bottom airflow control with adjustment ring.
  • Standard 510 thread.
  • Multiple coil option disposable tanks available to suit your vaping style and preference:
Tank resistance chart cropped.jpg Coils 1.jpgCoils 2.jpg

Additional Features
  • Built in protection for:
    • Overly long draw time.
    • Overheating.
    • Overloading.
    • Overcharging.
    • Short circuit.
  • Selection of power option of Soft, Medium or Strong by pressing fire button 3 times to move between them to select your preference.
(Information and specifications as obtained from the official FreeMax website and other sources on the Internet)

Opinion, likes and dislikes
This Mod Kit is an absolute pleasure to behold from the moment that you open the box, and he contrast of the body color and color coded tank with the stainless steel button and the visible rings on the top and bottom makes it very pleasing on the eye. The color schemes it comes in will make it appealing to quite a wide audience as you can go for a safe black or white, or live on the wild side with the other more pronounced colors. The other colors available are:

Colours Main.jpg

The battery life was very reasonable in my opinion with the 0.20 Ohm tank, and it lasted me virtually the whole day while vaping it on soft, being the lowest power setting available and equal to about 40W based on the tank and coil combination. This was in conjunction with my normal rotation of daily drivers, so you may have to be prepared to charge it again during the day depending on your usage if this is the only mod you use. The second tank drained the battery a bit faster due its lower 0.15 Ohm resistance. Using the medium or strong settings still produced positive results, and the flavor even at max was great, but these settings really eat into battery life. It’s a pity that I could not find a 0.50 Ohm tank for this test to see how it affects the battery life, but if I get one I will definitely update the results.

The fact that this this system uses disposable tanks makes it the ideal tool for someone who doesn’t want to be bothered with re-wicking and coil changing and fiddling around to be able to vape, while still getting a great vaping experience. Both tanks gave a very pleasant vape experience with plenty of airflow that is adjustable via an airflow ring on the bottom of the tank, and airflow is surprisingly quiet. I have to note that even when nearly fully closed you still get a very loose draw with plenty of air, so this is no MTL setup.

The new diamond mesh coil system gave excellent flavor and the tea fiber and organic cotton mix gave superb wicking, with virtually no breaking in period and no strange taste right from the start. While deep in thought I chain vaped a bit and no dry hits were experienced, although the tanks did get a bit hot, but due to the PCGT body and integrated tip of the same material it never became unbearable and it never prevented me from continuing to vape or burning my lips. The flavor overall was top notch and because of the top fill system keeping it topped up was a very easy thing. The silicone plug sealed very well and I did not get a leak from anywhere while using it. I used 70VG / 30 PG juice for the tests and it handled it like a charm.

Overall, my impression of the GEMM 80W Starter Kit is that it is a quality manufactured system right down to the disposable tanks it uses, it is extremely easy to use and the flavor produced will not disappoint anyone.

Due to the ease of use and simplistic setting options this will be a great kit for beginners who are just starting out on their vaping journey, but a tighter draw higher resistance tank may be a better option to mimic MTL for some instead of the DL orientated tanks that came in the kit. I will have to see if the 0.5 Ohm coil tank may work in this regard and be a better option once I get my hands on one. It will however also not disappoint more experienced vapers wanting a ready, steady, go back-up for those days that you just could not be bothered or have the time going through all the hassle to set-up a vape to use, or if you experience a mishap or it can also be used while pit stopping the herd. It was a great piece of vaping equipment to use on a daily basis for me and I really enjoyed the experience.

A sincere thank you to FreeMax for supplying the FreeMax Gemm Kit for review and for giving me the opportunity to do a review on it. (All pictures used in this review is held under Copyright by FreeMax.)

Excellent review with all the relevant details.
well done!

Most informative review, thanks @Room Fogger! I think I might just get myself one of these.

Just by the way, I've tried the Gemm disposable 0.5ohm, but on a Pico 25. Unfortunately I can't remember how long the battery lasted, but I do remember being surprised by how good the flavour was. I didn't expect that, as i usually don't pick up enough flavour from a 0.5ohm.

Most informative review, thanks @Room Fogger! I think I might just get myself one of these.

Just by the way, I've tried the Gemm disposable 0.5ohm, but on a Pico 25. Unfortunately I can't remember how long the battery lasted, but I do remember being surprised by how good the flavour was. I didn't expect that, as i usually don't pick up enough flavour from a 0.5ohm.
Thank you @Hooked , I must say I really enjoyed a good bit of DL action with the 2 tanks supplied, and the flavour was outstanding! Definately going to shop for some spares, and hopefully a 0.50 Ohm one as well to be able to update. It’s a great kit, even in purple it’s going to join the herd on my side, easy grab and go no matter what, and it did not disappoint me while testing for the review.

FreeMax GEMM 80W starter kit with GEMM disposable tank

Disclaimer – The views expressed in this review are based on my own experiences while testing the equipment being reviewed. The products were supplied free of charge by FreeMax for review purposes and no remuneration or other incentive is received to do this review.

Overview
This review will focus on the FreeMax GEMM Starter Kit consisting of the FreeMax GEMM 80W tube styled mod with 3 different wattage adjustment settings and a 2900mAh internal battery, and the GEMM refillable disposable tank system with a built in coil and a top fill system sealed by a silicone plug.

The link to the official FreeMax website is:
https://www.freemaxvape.com/
The link to the product on the official FreeMax website is:
https://www.freemaxvape.com/freemax-gemm-80w-starter-kit/

Unboxing
The kit is neatly and securely packaged in a blue colored single level cardboard box with matching lid and then covered with a slide off sleeve containing pictures of the tube mod and tank on the front and information regarding the mod, content of the kit and product specifications on the back. A segmented foam molded insert securely holds the mod and disposable tanks in place and the USB charger is packed in its own little box that slides into place along the one side, keeping everything safe and ensuring that it does not move around during transportation. The spare silicone plugs for the tank is sealed in a little packet in the box.
View attachment 182266
View attachment 182265

The Mod kit I received was in a Purple coated gloss finish with stainless steel button and top and bottom rings and included a matching set of disposable tanks in 2 different resistances.

Package Contents included (Standard Edition) :
  • 1 x GEMM 80W VW Mod.
  • 2 x GEMM Disposable tanks with built in coils.
    • 4ml with built in GEMM G2 Mesh coil (0.2 Ohm, 40 – 80W).
    • 5ml with built in GEMM G1 Mesh coil (0.15 Ohm, 40 – 80W).
  • 2 x Spare silicone tank plugs in a color matching the tank.
  • 1 x USB Charging Cable.
  • 1 x Warranty Card / 1 x User Manual / 1 x Warning Card.
Initial impression
The GEMM kit is good looking set that catches your eye the moment you lift the lid on the packaging. The overall finish is of a high standard and it looks solid and durable. The gloss color finish is really smooth and at first I thought that it was going to be a fingerprint magnet, but my fears were proven wrong. The overall fit of the components once assembled also point to a high quality manufactured product.

Specifications and Features:

GEMM 80W VW Mod:
  • Dimensions – (L) 85 mm by (D) 25 mm.
  • Tube Style Design.
  • Integrated 2900mAh rechargeable battery via USB port on side of mod.
  • 3 Adjustable power levels.
  • Wattage output range:
    • 40W/60W/80W with 0.15 Ohm resistance.
    • 40W/60W/80W with 0.20 Ohm resistance.
    • 20W/25W/30W with 0.50 Ohm resistance.
  • Voltage Output Range: 0 - 4.2V.
  • Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0ohm.
  • Power indicator light:
    • Green – 65% to 100%.
    • Yellow – 30% to 60%.
    • Red – 0% to 30%.
  • Ability to use any other Rda / Rta / Rdta with the mod due to standard 510 connection taking resistance range into consideration.
GEMM Disposable Tank:
  • Dimensions – (L) 51.3 mm by (D) 25 mm (Standard Edition 5ml tank).
  • Built in non-replaceable coil for disposal after use.
  • Convenient top fill for ease of use with silicone plug.
  • Capacity :
    • 5ml PCTG tank with G1 mesh coil.
    • 4ml PCTG tank with G2 mesh coil.
  • Wattage Range: 20W to 90W.
  • Bottom airflow control with adjustment ring.
  • Standard 510 thread.
  • Multiple coil option disposable tanks available to suit your vaping style and preference:
View attachment 182267 View attachment 182262View attachment 182263

Additional Features
  • Built in protection for:
    • Overly long draw time.
    • Overheating.
    • Overloading.
    • Overcharging.
    • Short circuit.
  • Selection of power option of Soft, Medium or Strong by pressing fire button 3 times to move between them to select your preference.
(Information and specifications as obtained from the official FreeMax website and other sources on the Internet)

Opinion, likes and dislikes
This Mod Kit is an absolute pleasure to behold from the moment that you open the box, and he contrast of the body color and color coded tank with the stainless steel button and the visible rings on the top and bottom makes it very pleasing on the eye. The color schemes it comes in will make it appealing to quite a wide audience as you can go for a safe black or white, or live on the wild side with the other more pronounced colors. The other colors available are:

View attachment 182264

The battery life was very reasonable in my opinion with the 0.20 Ohm tank, and it lasted me virtually the whole day while vaping it on soft, being the lowest power setting available and equal to about 40W based on the tank and coil combination. This was in conjunction with my normal rotation of daily drivers, so you may have to be prepared to charge it again during the day depending on your usage if this is the only mod you use. The second tank drained the battery a bit faster due its lower 0.15 Ohm resistance. Using the medium or strong settings still produced positive results, and the flavor even at max was great, but these settings really eat into battery life. It’s a pity that I could not find a 0.50 Ohm tank for this test to see how it affects the battery life, but if I get one I will definitely update the results.

The fact that this this system uses disposable tanks makes it the ideal tool for someone who doesn’t want to be bothered with re-wicking and coil changing and fiddling around to be able to vape, while still getting a great vaping experience. Both tanks gave a very pleasant vape experience with plenty of airflow that is adjustable via an airflow ring on the bottom of the tank, and airflow is surprisingly quiet. I have to note that even when nearly fully closed you still get a very loose draw with plenty of air, so this is no MTL setup.

The new diamond mesh coil system gave excellent flavor and the tea fiber and organic cotton mix gave superb wicking, with virtually no breaking in period and no strange taste right from the start. While deep in thought I chain vaped a bit and no dry hits were experienced, although the tanks did get a bit hot, but due to the PCGT body and integrated tip of the same material it never became unbearable and it never prevented me from continuing to vape or burning my lips. The flavor overall was top notch and because of the top fill system keeping it topped up was a very easy thing. The silicone plug sealed very well and I did not get a leak from anywhere while using it. I used 70VG / 30 PG juice for the tests and it handled it like a charm.

Overall, my impression of the GEMM 80W Starter Kit is that it is a quality manufactured system right down to the disposable tanks it uses, it is extremely easy to use and the flavor produced will not disappoint anyone.

Due to the ease of use and simplistic setting options this will be a great kit for beginners who are just starting out on their vaping journey, but a tighter draw higher resistance tank may be a better option to mimic MTL for some instead of the DL orientated tanks that came in the kit. I will have to see if the 0.5 Ohm coil tank may work in this regard and be a better option once I get my hands on one. It will however also not disappoint more experienced vapers wanting a ready, steady, go back-up for those days that you just could not be bothered or have the time going through all the hassle to set-up a vape to use, or if you experience a mishap or it can also be used while pit stopping the herd. It was a great piece of vaping equipment to use on a daily basis for me and I really enjoyed the experience.

A sincere thank you to FreeMax for supplying the FreeMax Gemm Kit for review and for giving me the opportunity to do a review on it. (All pictures used in this review is held under Copyright by FreeMax.)
The better disposable tanks which include these perform and give flavour to match the better subohm tanks, those that haven't tried them would be shocked at just how good they are!!!, Cracking review @Room Fogger

Back