RSQ Hotcig regulated Squonker Reviews

Howzit Cloud Makers :)

Its about a week now that I have my RSQ with a Dead Rabbit RDA.

Purchased from @Sir Vape :)

So here’s my 2 cents:

there is no issues with the magnets, no signs of them getting loose as well. The issue with the led light, when the light has been set to off, it now does not return back to on when the battery is replaced, firmware upgrade done. Battery cover does not rattle as said in some reviews.

Using a LG HG2 and i have no issues to report, works like a gem till almost dead. Sqounk bottle feels nice but abit too soft so its a bit of a mission to put back, any recommendations?

Love that I can change the start up logo and name.

Its my first mod and rda so im very new to this also I cant compare this to any other mods and rda’s, i have a Smok V8 big baby beast stick which i used, its a gem aswell.

In my rda I initially had a dual coil setup using bubble wraps fused clapton 2,5mm running .11ohm and at 60watt juice was SNLV 18 and the flavour was intense, changed to Hazeworks Scream and it was dull so i went single coil running at .32ohm and at 45watt and scream juice was intense. (Pleas excuse me if my wattages etc is all wrong, still learning)

Overall I love my setup, thumbs up to Craig for recommending this.

What RDA’s are you guys using that’s works well?

@Amir how is your setup going? Can you tell me whats the best coil setup for this mod.

Thats all for now Vaper’s
I use the tweezer to put the bottle back, bit of a mission but a lot less juice on me! Actually the only way I have been able to get the bottle back.:D

I use the tweezer to put the bottle back, bit of a mission but a lot less juice on me! Actually the only way I have been able to get the bottle back.:D
Hopefully will be getting mine tomorrow also ordered the Flave 24mm. Not alot off reviews about the 24mm but what i have seen I think it will work.

I have been using a VV Pulse and an Entheon on the RSQ. The Pulse is by far my favorite despite the general consensus being the opposite.

Regards

Hopefully will be getting mine tomorrow also ordered the Flave 24mm. Not alot off reviews about the 24mm but what i have seen I think it will work.
Waiting for a GAIA bottom feed rdta that can run on a squonker, :D hoping no more oversquonking. Been running a Entheon clone and liking it a lot, but I am a messy squonker, :confused: so let's see what happens. It is a great mod, and the Flave seems nice.

Howzit Cloud Makers :)

Its about a week now that I have my RSQ with a Dead Rabbit RDA.

Purchased from @Sir Vape :)

So here’s my 2 cents:

there is no issues with the magnets, no signs of them getting loose as well. The issue with the led light, when the light has been set to off, it now does not return back to on when the battery is replaced, firmware upgrade done. Battery cover does not rattle as said in some reviews.

Using a LG HG2 and i have no issues to report, works like a gem till almost dead. Sqounk bottle feels nice but abit too soft so its a bit of a mission to put back, any recommendations?

Love that I can change the start up logo and name.

Its my first mod and rda so im very new to this also I cant compare this to any other mods and rda’s, i have a Smok V8 big baby beast stick which i used, its a gem aswell.

In my rda I initially had a dual coil setup using bubble wraps fused clapton 2,5mm running .11ohm and at 60watt juice was SNLV 18 and the flavour was intense, changed to Hazeworks Scream and it was dull so i went single coil running at .32ohm and at 45watt and scream juice was intense. (Pleas excuse me if my wattages etc is all wrong, still learning)

Overall I love my setup, thumbs up to Craig for recommending this.

What RDA’s are you guys using that’s works well?

@Amir how is your setup going? Can you tell me whats the best coil setup for this mod.

Thats all for now Vaper’s

I’ve been bouncing back and forth between the hadaly and the entheon for this mod. I was using a dead rabbit but I’m really not a dual coil kinda guy. To put this into perspective, I’m very fussy about the mods that I take with me when I’m traveling and for this trip, along with the old faithful trusty BB, I have the RSQ/Hadaly set up. I get 2 bottles worth of juice before the battery reaches 20% and starts bucking, I can rewick on the fly and use the onboard charging if my spare battery runs out, flavor is downright on point all the time, every time. So basically I’ve got a minimum of 4 bottles worth of juice when I have a spare battery handy.... that’s plenty efficient and reliable enough for me.

f20acb83c60c180d9893fcec0efcd81c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased a black RSQ about a week ago from @sirvape and am running a WASP nano RDA on it and could not be happier. It is my first time squonking and am really enjoying it. The door does rattle ever so slightly, but in the bigger picture of things, its not a deal breaker for me.

I think I must have done the firmware upgrade incorrectly (#noob) because even after having done it, when replacing a battery the settings for the flashing LED revert back to their default.

If someone could post a step-by-step on how to do the upgrade I would sincerely appreciate it.

I purchased a black RSQ about a week ago from @sirvape and am running a WASP nano RDA on it and could not be happier. It is my first time squonking and am really enjoying it. The door does rattle ever so slightly, but in the bigger picture of things, its not a deal breaker for me.

I think I must have done the firmware upgrade incorrectly (#noob) because even after having done it, when replacing a battery the settings for the flashing LED revert back to their default.

If someone could post a step-by-step on how to do the upgrade I would sincerely appreciate it.
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/hotcig-rsq-firmware-upgrade-keep-led-off.t44763/

I think this is the part I messed up...

"Switch mod to "link" mode - remove the battery, hold down + & - while connecting USB cable to PC."

Can someone who has done this dumb it down a little for me.

Switch mod to "link" mode - how do you do this? Do you do this first and THEN remove the battery. Do you have to still be holding down the +/- WHILE you are connecting the USB cable...

I think this is the part I messed up...

"Switch mod to "link" mode - remove the battery, hold down + & - while connecting USB cable to PC."

Can someone who has done this dumb it down a little for me.

Switch mod to "link" mode - how do you do this? Do you do this first and THEN remove the battery. Do you have to still be holding down the +/- WHILE you are connecting the USB cable...
Remove the battery.
Connect the USB cable to your mod.
Hold +&- down while inserting other end of USB cable into PC.

Remove the battery.
Connect the USB cable to your mod.
Hold +&- down while inserting other end of USB cable into PC.
Thanks so much @Dubz, that makes a whole lot more sense - will give it a shot.

I’ve been bouncing back and forth between the hadaly and the entheon for this mod. I was using a dead rabbit but I’m really not a dual coil kinda guy. To put this into perspective, I’m very fussy about the mods that I take with me when I’m traveling and for this trip, along with the old faithful trusty BB, I have the RSQ/Hadaly set up. I get 2 bottles worth of juice before the battery reaches 20% and starts bucking, I can rewick on the fly and use the onboard charging if my spare battery runs out, flavor is downright on point all the time, every time. So basically I’ve got a minimum of 4 bottles worth of juice when I have a spare battery handy.... that’s plenty efficient and reliable enough for me.

f20acb83c60c180d9893fcec0efcd81c.jpg

Thank you Amir:)

What coil u using in your Hadaly?

Yesterday one magnet came loose. Probably because of the climate in Thailand Only complaint so far, otherwise my new all day device.

Gesendet von meinem FRD-L09 mit Tapatalk

Something that @smilelykumeenit made for me. I have no idea what I’m running where and why... all my coiling questions can be forwarded directly to him lol

Thank you :), yeah he contacted me, will give him a buzz once the holiday fever is done on my side :)

Good evening all.
Having a trouble with my rsq, it was working fine until bed time but then in the morning it wouldn't fire, it wouldn't pick up the atty. I tried several attys but still gives "check atomizer" error. I tried updating/resetting on the hm tools app but still nothing?
Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good evening all.
Having a trouble with my rsq, it was working fine until bed time but then in the morning it wouldn't fire, it wouldn't pick up the atty. I tried several attys but still gives "check atomizer" error. I tried updating/resetting on the hm tools app but still nothing?
Any ideas?

Just speculating. Remove the atty and juice bottle. Move the pin the juice pipe slips on to up and down a couple of times and test. Could be a bad contact on the positive pin which is the piece the pipe slips on to. Just a shot in the dark but who knows?

Godo luck.let us know.

Just speculating. Remove the atty and juice bottle. Move the pin the juice pipe slips on to up and down a couple of times and test. Could be a bad contact on the positive pin which is the piece the pipe slips on to. Just a shot in the dark but who knows?

Godo luck.let us know.
Tried that but no change. Hasn't happened before.

Good evening all.
Any ideas?

Had this happen to one of my RSQs - sent it through to Sir Vape who fixed and shipped it back on the same day. Seems like a quick fix though I didn’t ask what was done to fix it.

Sorry that I can’t help further.

Had this happen to one of my RSQs - sent it through to Sir Vape who fixed and shipped it back on the same day. Seems like a quick fix though I didn’t ask what was done to fix it.

Sorry that I can’t help further.

Thanks @Fuzz
Will get in touch with @Sirvape

The 1 bad thing about this mod, not sure if it's only mine , but as the battery depleats, so does the power delivery which is weird coz this is a regulated device which means the mod should fire at the required wattage till the battery reaches its lowest point.

This happens when my battery gets to 50% , sometimes even higher.

I am using good batteries (vtc6 ; 25r)

Got mine a few days ago pairing with the Flave 24mm. Only issue with device for me is getting battery out. But i made a plan and its working. IMG_20180103_212915.jpg

Back