Rta question

Bear_Vapes

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
So im using a serpent mini 25 love the flavour. When i take long pulls i get dry hits ive used so little cotton but still get a dry hit every 5 to 6 pulls. I figured its the airlock and no way of changing that.

My question is, can someone recommend a single coil build so that i can take long pulls without the coil burning hot and making a sizzle noise?

Current build is 24g ni80 6 wrap 3mm ID

By the way i had no airlock issue on the dual coil deck but it eats juices like crazy so sticking to single coil.

Have been using my SM25 almost exclusively for the past few months, with 24g Ni80 3mm ID 7 wrap (about 0.55 ohm) and I've found the only time that it's inclined to get drier hits is when there is too much wick in the juice channels / inside the wick ring.
But, the secret isn't to use less wick in your coil - but to rather to use a lot of wick in the coil, but thin out the tails (by combing & trimming) a lot and to keep it a bit shorter. It shouldn't touch the deck, to leave room for juice to get in under the wick ring.
Have you watched @BigGuy's SM25 build/wicking videos? If not, would recommend it

Have been using my SM25 almost exclusively for the past few months, with 24g Ni80 3mm ID 7 wrap (about 0.55 ohm) and I've found the only time that it's inclined to get drier hits is when there is too much wick in the juice channels / inside the wick ring.
But, the secret isn't to use less wick in your coil - but to rather to use a lot of wick in the coil, but thin out the tails (by combing & trimming) a lot and to keep it a bit shorter. It shouldn't touch the deck, to leave room for juice to get in under the wick ring.
Have you watched @BigGuy's SM25 build/wicking videos? If not, would recommend it
I do use the bowtie wicking method. I will try with even less cotton next time I wick.

Back