RX200 510 connector issues

LeonG

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all!

I have been having a not so pleasant experience with my RX200 I bought 5 days ago. The 510 connector is loose/wobbly! I only found the problem when I screwed on my Uwell Crown tank. The tank wobbles on the mod. If i screw on my Ijust2 tank on its fine?? Maybe a thread issue?

I screwed the tank on a buddy of mine's RX200 with no issues at all. I took it back to the store where I bought it but they don't have a return or exchange policy. They had a quick look at the mod but could not find anything out of the ordinary.

I mailed them now and requested a replacement from them as I think this is bad craftsmanship but also a factory fault.

Anyone else have the same issue?

No issues with my RX200 but one of my VTC Minis suffers from this ailment, I placed a spare o-ring between the mod and the tank and it sorts out the wobble.

IMO if its 5 days old it should be replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you get it from a local vendor @LeonG ? If so 9 out of 10 of them would probably replace it for you.

No issues with my RX200 but one of my VTC Minis suffers from this ailment, I placed a spare o-ring between the mod and the tank and it sorts out the wobble.

Thanks man! if the chat with Wismec does not go as planned I will have to get that to work.

@Mac75 & @Stosta, that was my feeling as well when i took it back this morning but the response was they don't do returns or exchanges. Warranty is with the manufacturer and not with them! I don't want to name and shame but yes, was a local store buy.

You should name them else how do we know who not to support.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

You should name them else how do we know who not to support.

I fully agree with you @MorneW, but I mailed the owner of the store now to see if they can help as they were not in when I was there this morning. If they don't want to help I will defs let you guys know about it.

Consumer Protection Act forces them to sort it out. They cannot pass the buck to the manufacturer. Name and shame please to protect the rest of the vaping community

Ok cool. Keep us posted as SA does not need anymore bad service. There is over enough as it is.

Yeah @LeonG , the reason I will pay more through a local vendor as opposed to an international one is exactly for this, if I get a DOA device it is much easier for me to sort it out with someone in the same country as me. If that didn't work I would rather pay less and get it straight from an international vendor.

How does the Crown sit on other mods?

My Subtank Mini is wobbly as anything on my Evic VTC Mini - but my Griffin sits perfectly on it...

How does the Crown sit on other mods?

My Subtank Mini is wobbly as anything on my Evic VTC Mini - but my Griffin sits perfectly on it...

That's one of the things that I tested before i tried to take it back. I tried to fit the tank on my R80TC and the Ijust2 mod and it fits perfectly. When I was at the store they also tried the tank on other RX200's with no issues at all.

Consumer Protection Act forces them to sort it out. They cannot pass the buck to the manufacturer. Name and shame please to protect the rest of the vaping community

Hey bud, just trying to get more info from the owners on their return policy as they were not there. If they still won't help me I will defs post here and on their shop review.

I would not accept that after 5 days, it must be replaced. Keep us updated !

Update on the issue!

I received a response from Olivia at Wismec:

Dear friend,

the length of the atomizer's thread is longer than 4.6mm which our device could max support.

If you thread the atomizer on for a long use, it will damage the 510 thread of our device and make the 510 pin stuck down.

We suggest you to change another atomizer.

Best regards,

Great! So Wismec does not support some of the best atomizer's out there i.e. SMOK TFV4 & Uwell Crown.

I did respond and told her that this has been doing this since day one so this must have been an issue out the box and not something that happened over a prolonged time. Let's hope for the best...

PS. Still nothing from the vendor.

I have been using 2 crowns on rx and dna since feb and no issues.

Heard about the issues with the SMOK TFV4 however have not had any issues with mine, just not tightening too much since i heard of the issue.

Update on the issue!

I received a response from Olivia at Wismec:

Dear friend,

the length of the atomizer's thread is longer than 4.6mm which our device could max support.

If you thread the atomizer on for a long use, it will damage the 510 thread of our device and make the 510 pin stuck down.

We suggest you to change another atomizer.

Best regards,

Great! So Wismec does not support some of the best atomizer's out there i.e. SMOK TFV4 & Uwell Crown.

I did respond and told her that this has been doing this since day one so this must have been an issue out the box and not something that happened over a prolonged time. Let's hope for the best...

PS. Still nothing from the vendor.

I use my TFv4 on my RX200 only, it's big and looks doff on my smaller mods, and I haven't had any issues with the 510 connector on the RX - I'm guessing here but bet there are many Crown users with RX200's with no issue either. Right now the RX200+TFv4 have been sitting in my cupboard for a few days, surely that qualifies as "long" use and then using Wismec's deduction I will get home and the 510 thread should be damaged and the 510 pin should be stuck.... ya right.
Your RX200 has a poor 510 connector, it must be replaced end of story. CPA states if the item purchased is less than 6 months old the consumer has the right to choose to Repair, Replace or Refund (this is your choice not the sellers). This makes the seller responsible for the device and not the manufacturer. It's then up to the seller to get a refund or whatever from the manufacturer.

Thanks for the info @CloudmanJHB & @Mac75! @Greyz, Olivia mailed me back now with a form to fill in with all the info of the vendor, serial numbers and photos. I think they will be chasing the vendor as I told her that they pushed me back to Wismec.

I will be pushing all the buttons to get this sorted as you expect a decent device for the amount of money you pay for it!

EXCELLENT NEWS!!

I went to the vendor tonight after work as one of the owners asked me to come in so that he can have a look at the mod, I must say i was in high hopes. BUT! After he looked at it and found the 510 to be faulty he replaced the mod with no questions asked! got myself a brand new RX200! woohoo! I was ecstatic! So...now I can also name but not shame them as they were very helpful at the end: THE VAPERY! Kal was very helpfull after I gave him te full story.

Thanks to all the fellow vapers for the valuable input on this and with the support on my first proper thread. You rock!! :beer-toast1:

Great news bud.

Glad this was sorted out bud! Enjoy that mod!!!

Back