Rx200 Heating up when off and Check Battery issue

What you can do is switch the mod off when it gets hot, then press the fire button ten times, it will switch on after five but carry on with the next five, this will display the internal temp of the mod. I often get in the high 30's to low 40's. Which is actually quite warm to the touch, sometimes this heat will move through your hand in the battery cover which is metal making everything feel hot.

Today using my Sigelei150
Rx200 at home.

Will try test the 10 button chip temp function.

I downgraded the software. Back to v3.0
200w
Still doing the same heat.

So - if it is the Chip. Then I'm gonna have a bad day

Right so last night I measured the temps.

Board tops at 52deg
Body at 38deg
Batteries 38deg
Metal of tank 50deg

I've taken the tank off to check the 510 Pin.
N it looks squashed.
That must be the problem

The rx200 connector pin is fairly notorious for bottoming out from extended use of tanks that have connectors longer than 4.6 mm. Although there are people who swear they stuck a jet engine on top and nothing happened. It should be warning you of a short but electronics do fail sometimes.

It's a bit above my pay grade to trouble shoot this, but how did you measure the battery temperature, 38 degrees seems to me to be way too high, were they warm to the touch? I push my 0.12 build at 110 watts and the batteries are pretty much ice cold. If yours are warm, I would stop using it and take it some one who knows what's what sounds to me as though there's something very wrong if that's the real battery surface temperature.

Measured using a Temp gun.

I've used this temp gun with rc racing motors no with the Vape temps.

Battry surface temp.
I think it's the Mod.
N I just got it 3weeks ago. 2nd hand buy

Measured using a Temp gun.

I've used this temp gun with rc racing motors no with the Vape temps.

Battry surface temp.
I think it's the Mod.
N I just got it 3weeks ago. 2nd hand buy

You never got back to me, about trying a higher ohm build on regular wattage mode on the rx200.

If you are pushing the chip, the mod will get warm - even just chain vaping...

Just dont want to hear that you got hurt or something...

*Edit - pretty hot readings, but i dont know what mine is relation to that (doubt as hot)... Just dont use it rather

I used a Subtank 0.5ohm
On the rx200. But only for a minute.

Didn't test of to long or check temps.
Will retry tonight

Now the mod say no atomizer.
Once the tank or dripper is screwed into place.

Geeeez like.
Just bought it from a good friend.
N having this kak

I've heard of the 510 pin getting pushed in too deep by some tanks and then things no longer make contact like they should because the pin doesn't come all the way back out afterwards. Perhaps yours is stuck in this "too deep" position?

Dunno off hand how to resolve it, but might be something to look into?

EDIT: Stupid me. I see its been mentioned already in this discussion...

Last edited:
Yea I stripped the rx and pulled the Battery tray away and pressed the pin back up.
But will not spring back.

@Mark121m
Does it move freely back up but not stay up? If so , it's now completely bottomed out and you will need to replace the 510 connector, sounds like this was probably the cause of your overheating, maybe making a dead short of sorts, probably someone who knows better could correct me on that. For safety please stop using this RX200 until you've repaired it. I see you have one for sale, maybe take it down and use that one instead.

@Mark121m
Does it move freely back up but not stay up? If so , it's now completely bottomed out and you will need to replace the 510 connector, sounds like this was probably the cause of your overheating, maybe making a dead short of sorts, probably someone who knows better could correct me on that. For safety please stop using this RX200 until you've repaired it. I see you have one for sale, maybe take it down and use that one instead.

I have taken it down.
Who would be able to help me fix the problem

I have taken it down.
Who would be able to help me fix the problem
DOn't take it down , put it UP - 100 degrees produces a hint of taste and no vaper -

if you want degrees celsius, press up once after you reach the 600 degrees Fahrenheit mark - then it will be at 100 degrees celsius - push it to 190 or 210 around there, to start producing slightly dense vapour. 315 degrees C is the max , but none of the set temperatures should singe your cotton,

DOn't take it down , put it UP - 100 degrees produces a hint of taste and no vaper -

if you want degrees celsius, press up once after you reach the 600 degrees Fahrenheit mark - then it will be at 100 degrees celsius - push it to 190 or 210 around there, to start producing slightly dense vapour. 315 degrees C is the max , but none of the set temperatures should singe your cotton,

This specific post, was him referring to trying to Sell this mod :D but you are right, with regards to TC...

Okay, so at 40W what ohm build are you running? It wont be the same as the 0.07 you are doing in the temp control, as the mod would not fire in VW that low.

I dont own the Sigeli, but own a xcubeII - it also disperses heat differently to the RX, but as long as its not "HOT" it really shouldnt be an issue. Especially if its not the batteries getting hot. But at the same token "HOT HOT" could be the chip overworking/malfunctioning.
Speaking about the main issue here:

Is your mod in a silicon cover?

Is the mod itself warning you of the temperature of the device? if you take the batteries out, is a particular one warmer than the rest?

Was the mod ever dropped?

Friend at work here had the exact same issue, after dropping from around 50cm / bedside cupboard. Board connection wire from batteries got damaged, and from then on, it was continuously draining the batteries without any use.

Is the mod itself warning you of the temperature of the device? if you take the batteries out, is a particular one warmer than the rest?

Friend at work here had the exact same issue, after dropping from around 50cm / bedside cupboard. Board connection wire from batteries got damaged, and from then on, it was continuously draining the batteries without any use.

Not in a Sleeve
Not sure if it was dropped.
No the device hasn't temp cut out.
Just gets warm

Hey man,

Did your friend manage to get this fixed?

I have the same issue, i dropped my mod from knee height onto a soft wooden floor. From then on it would get hot without use and drain batteries.
Since then i have bought a new one but would like to bring it back to life and use it again with another tank of mine.

Back