Rx200 Heating up when off and Check Battery issue

Zubair Randeree

MarshMelloZa
LV

Awards
My Rx200 is Heating up when it is off and is giving Check Battery issue.I cant use it at all and its just a hot brick atm. Any help pls.

Remove the batteries and get it checked out by your closest vendor... Are the batteries getting hot? Do you have a tank or something on there?

Sounds like something has shorted. In the case of the RX that message indicates a battery isn't in properly, off chance the battery is shorting and still making a circuit when the device is off.

I agree with @Feliks Karp, maybe some juice got on the circuitry and is causing a short... For now leave the batteries out and get the mod checked out by the vendor you bought it from, or maybe @Maxxis.

Rx200 has a 6 month warranty. Contact the vendor you purchased it from. To me it sounds like the board is dead.

Have you been charging via USB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are overheating the board. What build are you running and at what wattage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Maxxis if the question was for me.
I found the problem.
My 0.07ohm build was very std
Dual S/S wraps
I will be getting new wire claptons or fused or aliens to compensate.

But even with a 11 wrap ss in my Goblin
Par @ 0.15ohm
On my rx the tank metal parts get so hot.
When the tank is on my Sigelei150 mod.
Not even a hint of warmth

@Maxxis if the question was for me.
I found the problem.
My 0.07ohm build was very std
Dual S/S wraps
I will be getting new wire claptons or fused or aliens to compensate.

But even with a 11 wrap ss in my Goblin
Par @ 0.15ohm
On my rx the tank metal parts get so hot.
When the tank is on my Sigelei150 mod.
Not even a hint of warmth

Hey Dude,

Out of curiosity, at *0.07ohms, what wattage are you firing your RX200 at? Is this in TC mode or VW ?

*edit*

Last edited:
@KimVapeDashian
0.07ohm not 0.7ohm
Tc mode - 210deg f
Temp cut out

Sorry, i edited my post.

So one of the reasons your mod might be cutting off, is that the lowest ohmage you can go on an RX is .05ohms in TC mode... Now overtime, the 510 builds up gunk etc, and this may cause some ohm fluctuations - the device is most likely reading something outside of that parameter as a misreading, and then cutting off.

Bearing in mind that TC works on a coefficient based on temperature change in relation to resistance change to estimate the "temperature" - it is more a measured resistance change taking place, and anything relating to resistance can cause issues in TC modes.

AweSome.

But why does my Goblin mini 0.15ohm build get hot.
Metal on my Goblin get so hot that
From the base of the rta.

AweSome.

It's a small tank, and you have a low ohm build. Low ohm = more power, more power = heat

you see where this is going right?

It's a small tank, and you have a low ohm build. Low ohm = more power, more power = heat

you see where this is going right?

AweSome.

@Mark121m - The way our hobby works, is pretty much the same way a bar heater would work - except that we are heating up some cotton, that has absorbed juice, and changes state from liquid to gas. Any state of change, from liquid to gas, requires heat - and thus it is a by product of the hobby.

@mad_hatter is not wrong either, however a higher ohm build can also get hot (with less power required)... essentially, with two builds running the same power, the higher resistance build will get hotter quicker.

I dont have any requirement to go below .25ohms - and find that my attys do not get extremely hot (but, it all depends on how you vape - 30 consecutive hits, will create a hotter Atty)

Build. 0.15ohm
Goblin Mini v2

MODS Used
Wismec rx200 and Sigelei150

Wismec Rx200 gets hot. With none very little vaping.

Sigelei150 does not even with chain vaping. Not even batteries get warm.

Build. 0.15ohm
Goblin Mini v2

MODS Used
Wismec rx200 and Sigelei150

Wismec Rx200 gets hot. With none very little vaping.

Sigelei150 does not even with chain vaping. Not even batteries get warm.

What batteries are you using in your RX200 - are they married, bought brand new or are they second hand?

Wismec rx 200
3x Samsung pinkies 3000mah
New. Married

Sigelei150
2x Efest 3000mah 30a
New married

Wismec rx 200
3x Samsung pinkies 3000mah
New. Married

Sigelei150
2x Efest 3000mah 30a
New married

In terms of heat, is it mildly warm? My RX heats up, in the front where the screen/buttons are but i can only describe it as warm... electronics, can handle heat - so if you cant hold the mod for 3 seconds due to heat then there is something severely wrong...

Your builds are on the low side of subohming - your atty and mod will work like a heatsink, so heat is inevitable. If the device gets hot, sitting on your table without vaping however, then you need to get it repaired.

Regardless of regulation, lower builds will require more from your batteries (whether it be amps or volts), flow of electricity = heat... try build between .25 and .3 and let me know if it is better

*edit*
2x Efest 3000mah 30a - These cells do not do 3000mah & 30a, they were rated as 35A but barely manage 10a in mooch's tests

Last edited:
Mod is warm aswel during vaping.
I can hold the mod.

But just irregular when com pared to the same type of vaping using the Sigelei150 mod.
No heat at all.

Is it possible the rx250 firmware is making there be a problem.

Mod is warm aswel during vaping.
I can hold the mod.

But just irregular when com pared to the same type of vaping using the Sigelei150 mod.
No heat at all.

Is it possible the rx250 firmware is making there be a problem.

Unlikely the issue, i doubt you are running at 150W or 250W in reality, Without TC mode, what wattage do you vape at? I think the heat, being warm is pretty normal...

40w same tank different mod

Okay, so at 40W what ohm build are you running? It wont be the same as the 0.07 you are doing in the temp control, as the mod would not fire in VW that low.

I dont own the Sigeli, but own a xcubeII - it also disperses heat differently to the RX, but as long as its not "HOT" it really shouldnt be an issue. Especially if its not the batteries getting hot. But at the same token "HOT HOT" could be the chip overworking/malfunctioning.

Back