Scale for DIY juice

I doubt this very much
A scale that can weigh up to say 500g has a load cell of only that capacity, if you place something on it and tare it, it will not give you "more" room to weigh stuff on, cause you are already at the load cells cap, it might show 0 after you tare it, but I guarantee it wont weigh much more on it, and you also stand the chance to damage the scales load cell.

Just for reference, I work in a Laboratory;)

Ah, OK, I see what he's getting at now. It does actually work. I just tried it with an empty wine bottle which weighs nearly 500g. If I turn the scale on and place the bottle on the scale, I can only add about 40g before the scale reads overload. If I place the bottle on the scale before powering on, it calibrates the weight of the bottle in to be zero. So I can add up to 500g before it reads overload. I have the same sort of scale that Blck Vapour are selling, btw.

That said, I mix in batches (40ml) that don't come even close to testing the scale's 500g capacity. So I just pop my mixing bottle onto the scale, tare, and off I go.

I also just tested it on one of our laboratory 6000g scales, I'm uploading the video to Youtube now, will post a link when done.
Our scale overloaded and cut out.

Charel, but does your scale come from China? Mine does. "Most excellent of to measure convenient tiniest grade of mass, most accurate of give deep satisfaction assurance to NASA." :p

Hahaha, all good bud.
If that trick works on some scales, then it is great to use and will definitely come in handy for allot of people.

Maybe I didn't explain properly,i use a 300g(500ml) glass bottle to mix,if I am to place the empty bottle on the scale it wil read 300g,allowing me to mix only about 200-250g juice as the maximum weight of the scale goes up to 500g,BUT...if you place the bottle on the scale 1st and then put the scale on,it wil read 0g with the bottle on the scale,allowing you to mix 500g+ of juice,instead of 200g
IMO I think if you have a 500g scale and your glass beaker weigh 300g even if you tare your scale your loadcell only allows you for 200g more.

Hahaha, all good bud.
If that trick works on some scales, then it is great to use and will definitely come in handy for allot of people.

I think what you should've done at the end of the video was to power off the scale, then power back on and see if you can still get a reading or if it states overload.

I have a tiny Chinese scale 200g in 0.01g grads. The size is 60mm by 40mm by 14mm thick. I weighed my cell phone on it(167.0g). I then pushed the TARE button to set it to zero it. I then loaded it to 193.88g with bits and pieces without any problems. All this for R80.00. I then removed everything except the cell phone and it returned to zero. I then removed the cell phone and it read -167.0g. I then switched off and on and it was back zero to and working fine!

I also just tested it on one of our laboratory 6000g scales, I'm uploading the video to Youtube now, will post a link when done.
Our scale overloaded and cut out.
He is not using the tare feature. It is calibrating with the load already on. How much of a margin does the calibration give for the scale is probably the real question.

@Caveman it worked the same. Scale off, cell phone onto scale, switch scale on...scale reads 0.00....load scale to just under 200g, no problem. Take load off....scale reads 0.00.....take cell phone off..scale reads -167g.....switch scale off....switch scale on....it reads 0.00:)

@Caveman it worked the same. Scale off, cell phone onto scale, switch scale on...scale reads 0.00....load scale to just under 200g, no problem. Take load off....scale reads 0.00.....take cell phone off..scale reads -167g.....switch scale off....switch scale on....it reads 0.00:)
Yup. I tried it. Definitely works. Bloody cool trick

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hello vapers.. looking for scales?? go to your local gunshop they should have in the reloading dept... shop around though... also check out the.. DIY:Drops vs scales thread on this forum....

Back