Scratches and Blemishes how to deal?

you guys dont know OCD, I have a minute "what looks like a spider" living under one of my screens

it just casually walks up and down, up and down

how the hell it got in there or what it actually is, hek knows

The Geekvape Aegis legend is built like a tank. If you hold one you'll immediately feel how durable it is. It's my everyday carry because its waterproof and can take a beating well. Most of the mod is rubberised so it gets grazed rather than scratched.

Hi @daniel craig i have the Geek Vape Aegis 100W. The mod is built like a tank, a very luxurios tank. (Leather). The only thing i found that i didnt like was how easily the screen got scratched... i ride motorbike so my hands gather dust and dirt and that itself has scratched the screen a bit... Not major scratches but micro scratches. But still have the mod in its box perfect as can be after being used. great mod...

Agree with the Aegis, it’s my hunting/fishing/working mod. So far so good. No serious tumbles yet, but still looking good a year later with no real blemishes. The dam thing is built like a tank, and heavy enough as a self defense weapon at any stage. The one mod I will never let go of.

A weapon forsure... a fancy nuckle duster if you will :)...

you guys dont know OCD, I have a minute "what looks like a spider" living under one of my screens

Haha luckily dont have spider look alikes under my screen otherwise i would have tossed it long ago.

Hi @daniel craig i have the Geek Vape Aegis 100W. The mod is built like a tank, a very luxurios tank. (Leather). The only thing i found that i didnt like was how easily the screen got scratched... i ride motorbike so my hands gather dust and dirt and that itself has scratched the screen a bit... Not major scratches but micro scratches. But still have the mod in its box perfect as can be after being used. great mod...
I have the legend 200w. My screen is still new because that plastic sticker is still on even after submerging it in water.

I posted my thoughts on it here:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/no-vape-cave-is-complete-without-this-mod.t53407/

Lol @vicTor
We have to see a pic of this little spider ;-)

im thinking of using this but I have not gotten round to proper research and actually trying it yet.
https://m.takealot.com/#!product?id=PLID47902658

Plastidip would be a reasonable solution but it is not the best solution for something that gets handled all the time. It works well on cars and wheels and touching up works well as the new coat "melts" in quite well with the old coat. It is designed to be removeable so unfortunately a lack of durability goes hand in hand.

Many places the stock the aerosol versions and Rust-Oleum also makes a version that you can buy from Builders Warehouse. Plastidip used to be available from Builders but I think the SA distributors might have put a stop to it.

It was originally intended for tool handles, battery terminals, etc but since they started selling it in aerosol form a couple of years back it has become much more versatile.

Plastidip would be a reasonable solution but it is not the best solution for something that gets handled all the time. It works well on cars and wheels and touching up works well as the new coat "melts" in quite well with the old coat. It is designed to be removeable so unfortunately a lack of durability goes hand in hand.

Many places the stock the aerosol versions and Rust-Oleum also makes a version that you can buy from Builders Warehouse. Plastidip used to be available from Builders but I think the SA distributors might have put a stop to it.

It was originally intended for tool handles, battery terminals, etc but since they started selling it in aerosol form a couple of years back it has become much more versatile.
Do you know what the product is called?

It is called Flexidip.

Google plastidipsa and you'll find the distributors of Plastidip in Roodepoort. They have a couple of distributors around the country.

It is called Flexidip.

Google plastidipsa and you'll find the distributors of Plastidip in Roodepoort. They have a couple of distributors around the country.
Thanks. I'm hoping to pick some up on my next visit to builders warehouse.

Thanx for the info...

Lol @vicTor
We have to see a pic of this little spider ;-)

unfortunately the same mod suffers from a 510 issue so opened it last night to see what I can do, also got rid of the critter (sorry didn't take pic of him/her)

on a sadder note seems said mod is kaput :(

apologies for thread hijack

20180908_184644.jpg

Sorry to hear about that @vicTor
Sad when a mod falls down

Eish meneer, sorry to hear about the mod.

it's one of my V2's, problem started with a "no atomizer" message, ok so realize 510 pin a bit low so atty not making contact, so seen the video with the "sticking button" fix so kind of know how to open it up, went ahead a few days ago and opened it up and seems the pin is not moving back up once pressure is taken off of it (i.e. when atty is unscrewed from mod).

just pushed it up with my finger closed up everything and whacked on an rta and away we go, working again.

then yesterday getting some much needed time for a pit stop once i unscrewed the atty and screwed on a clean rewicked one same error message. So the 510 pin has not sprung up since last atty was taken off.

so i thought, since this spider in the screen was driving me nuts that i would open it up again and see whats potting and at the same time evict the little spider, which i did

but i cant figure out why the 510 is not moving back up.

i think i need to open up one of my other V2's and see if i can note something ?

thanks for the concern everyone, it happens

it's one of my V2's, problem started with a "no atomizer" message, ok so realize 510 pin a bit low so atty not making contact, so seen the video with the "sticking button" fix so kind of know how to open it up, went ahead a few days ago and opened it up and seems the pin is not moving back up once pressure is taken off of it (i.e. when atty is unscrewed from mod).

just pushed it up with my finger closed up everything and whacked on an rta and away we go, working again.

then yesterday getting some much needed time for a pit stop once i unscrewed the atty and screwed on a clean rewicked one same error message. So the 510 pin has not sprung up since last atty was taken off.

so i thought, since this spider in the screen was driving me nuts that i would open it up again and see whats potting and at the same time evict the little spider, which i did

but i cant figure out why the 510 is not moving back up.

i think i need to open up one of my other V2's and see if i can note something ?

thanks for the concern everyone, it happens
Dam, not something I have had happen to me before. Could it be that over time some juice collected in there and has gotten sticky maybe causing the problem? Or has the little spring suffered some mishap? Hope you can figure it out bud, otherwise there is someone on the site that does fixes, maybe he can replace the 510 for you?

Back